Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 835 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
In this era of jump, its possible for series to sell around 140k and get an anime whereas series like Mx0 were cancelled when they were selling similar amounts.
Kind of goes both ways though. Late-00s Jump was when all sorts of Jump series were given anime adaptions including Neuro and Hatsukoi Limited. Also Jump always had a history of slow-performing cult hits going, although that bar has gotten pretty hazy these days.

In terms of popularity growth, Kimetsu probably resembles Sket Dance the most.

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Basically, I would've liked Samon to be in the spot where Spring Weapon is right now, occupying the "how the heck is this still here for so long?" slot.
But that's the exact same place Samon has been in for almost all of 2016. Who do you think Spring Weapon inherited all of its memes from?

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
But that's the exact same place Samon has been in for almost all of 2016. Who do you think Spring Weapon inherited all of its memes from?
I know, just me being greedy lol. I always just pictured Samon making that troll face every time it survived another cancelling round, guess now we have to deal with the human guy in Spring Weapon's gaping-mouth shocked face he's always making haha

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
When do you think it should have been announced, if you don't mind me asking?
Most recent Jump anime I've seen get announcements by around this time in their lifetime, TLR and Nisekoi even got theirs slightly earlier. Unless you're saying those series' anime were also rushed out. Considering Shueisha's delaying volume releases (1 vol every 3 months compared to other series releasing every other month), I don't know if that should be used as a way of saying it's being rushed out either.
Sales have stayed stagnant too for the manga, so Shueisha might feel that they should have the anime come now instead of later to try and boost them.
TLR and Nisekoi are different beasts, personally. Nisekoi was consistently growing up till its anime and while we only have TLR numbers from Vol 9 and onwards, it was also steadily growing, though it did hit a plateau around Vol 12. Yuragi's numbers are nowhere near them. I feel like they should have waited until at least 12 volumes were out. That would have given them a good amount of backlog because Aniplex being on the committee really gives me a feeling that there might be rushing or content cut out for the sake of marketability. They might also want to focus on the Ecchi aspects as opposed to the "battle" aspects though that's just a gut feeling which I hope I'm wrong on. Xebec also has FMP coming out in Spring as well as that collaborative work on Future Card Buddyfight X that's airing right now. I'm not too sure on Xebec's manpower but it worries me that they can give Yuuna the attention it needs to really catch on and sell BDs and merchandise.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
My reason why I got trauma from Yuuna's PV was because I immediately thought that the dragon god arc wouldn't get justice and even worse when Harem eventually gets an anime that it'll be lights out. It was a huge overreaction that I got over but can you blame me when 2018 is literally aligning the stars for anime... name a popular title or mainstream show and it'll be airing. Yuuna needs as much love as TLR.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a BLack Clover stream, I need that gameplay.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a BLack Clover stream, I need that gameplay.
Bandai Namco stream with gameplay goes live in 3 hours: PV is being revealed on the super stage soon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Today, Kimetsu and Haikyuu!! editors are cosplaying at JF.
Kimetsu's editor is also Yuragi's btw.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
My Hero Academia 3rd novel will be out 02/02.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Strikes looks pretty good on this stream. The walking on wall jutsu looks so much better here than it does in MHA OJ. I think they gave all their focus and energies to Naruto to Boruto.

Also cute how theres all these kids at the Naruto stage. Glad its still popular !!!!

Last edited:

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Everyone is assuming YYH is being remade now lol

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Despite Yuuna's OVA being in BD format, looks like Shokugeki's upcoming new OVA is still in DVD format.
Shokugeki's is releasing earlier though so that might be the reason. Some Japanese are saying YnY's editor made it happen.

On the Aniplex thing:
They have top-tier music artists that can provide fantastic OP/ED songs for the series, though kinda worried still about them rushing production.
Forgot to mention that in the OVA, they will also include an anime-original episode along with adapting Ch. 12.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
My Hero Academia 3rd novel will be out 02/02.
nice, only skimmed through the first 2 and they were enjoyable

speaking of LNs, did anyone read BC second LN? after what happened last time, you really should :teehee

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Kind of goes both ways though. Late-00s Jump was when all sorts of Jump series were given anime adaptions including Neuro and Hatsukoi Limited. Also Jump always had a history of slow-performing cult hits going, although that bar has gotten pretty hazy these days.

In terms of popularity growth, Kimetsu probably resembles Sket Dance the most.
I just checked out Sket Dance's sales are you're right, both had abysmal starts but grew eventually. (I'd say Kimetsu was worse)

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's the PV from the stage event:
Lmao, that voice at the end really caught me off guard. It looks cool though, not sure what kind of game it's going to be besides the obvious 4v4. I wonder if it's just going to be a fighting game where each player selecting 4 fighters, then play until all 4 on one team are defeated.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Saiki vol. 24 Cover

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like an Assassins Creed One Piece AU game just with all the people removed. The environments are so barren. The game looks pretty though.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
the game look cool, but why can't we get all of Jump games on the Switch? I need more games for it :(

I feel terrible for the girl cosplaying as Nami, wearing a bikini top in this fucking weather

Status
Not open for further replies.