Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I love the way Emma is drawn
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
this was the Todoroki vs Inasa stuff right?

yeah, those chapters were not great

I remember I complained about some chapters being only 15 pages in this thread, I wouldn't notice they were so short if they were satisfying
That's in the next volume. This one only covers up until the end of the first round. Seems like most of the negative reviews stem from the exam itself not being very interesting others are probably flaming as usual.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm more interested in Isobe Isobe's heroine to be honest, she wasn't in Jump the first time the heroines were drawn.

Also, it's kinda weird that Erina is in the middle and not the front.

He should have draw Robin this time instead of Nami again.
 
Last edited:

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
I love the way Emma is drawn
It isn't clearly visible to me but she still looks like a 6 year old Hinata disguised as a girl
Also, it's kinda weird that Erina is in the middle and not the front.

He should have draw Robin this time instead of Nami again.
Who is in the front I can only see Nami. I see Ochako too thankfully she is floating or else she would have been lost between the other 5 heroines with the same design.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
A Jump universe manga that take place in the school like that would be really fun to read.

I believe this should be the heroine roster exclude We Never Learn (I counted 18 girls from the "HD" picture). 19 if the "doll" on the table is a girl.

Haikyu!!

One Piece

My Hero Academia (CP)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma


Black Clover (CP)

Hinomaru Zumou

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Gintama

Spring Weapon No. 1

The Promised Neverland (CP)

Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club

Samon the Summoner


Ole Golazo

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~ (CP)

Amalgam of Distortion

Demon's Plan

From the picture, I can clearly see

One Piece, MHA, Kimetsu, Shokugeki, Gintama, Promised Neverland, Yuragi, Haikyuu, Samon, Straighten Up, Ole Golazo.

Not really clear but I spot Teruhashi Kokomi(?) from Saiki and Gojo Reina from Hinomaru Zumou.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
The Promised Neverland - Interview Part 2
https://news.nifty.com/article/entame/showbizd/12176-79456/
- Some of Shirai's influences include Naoki Urasawa, Takeshi Obata, Yusei Matsui (He liked Neuro a lot), Hirohiko Araki in suspense factor, and various others.
- Shirai often watches movies, which are also a big influence. He mentions a movie he loves called The Good Son, a suspense film.
- He likes situations with two-sided characters and excitement.
- Shirai: "Within Jump, while other manga are creating flashy and fierce battles, we only have to make strong pulls with psychological warfare that exceeds that."
- Posuka likes drawing Krone. Shirai also likes seeing her in action.
- Posuka also likes drawing Isabella, and thinks she is the only character currently that should be drawn beautifully.
- Shirai likes to deceive/challenge the readers.
- Shirai's wants to tell the message of "Friendship, Effort, Victory" (the Jump slogan) in the story. Even if the girl is the hero, without any battles, and if the story seems anti-Jump like, he still hopes it will lead in that message.
- He's decided the setting and story of the world where Emma will escape to. The meaning/place is in the title "Promised Neverland".
- The title of the manga was supposed to be "Neverland" only. But, it was supposed to be somewhat better in that "Neverland", so he changed the title.
He's thinking of developing a way where the term "Promise" is linked to the core of the story firmly.
Shirai: "If Emma can jailbreak successfully, I'll know the meaning of "Promised Neverland", so I'd like to do my best to not have the series end by that time (laugh)!
- The jailbreak arc will be finished around volumes 3-4, Shirai doesn't know how it will go but he'd like to proceed to the next arc soon.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
It sounds like TPN will never go to an action route. I was kinda hoping it would maybe around 40% and the rest psychology and stuff. Because if the world is as messed up as we all assuming, then conflict is unavoidable.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Glad to see that Neverland is going to stick with its current route. And looks like they're definitely leaving the farm soon
 

SoldadoInvernal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Age
26
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland - Interview Part 2

Shirai: "If Emma can jailbreak successfully, I'll know the meaning of "Promised Neverland", so I'd like to do my best to not have the series end by that time (laugh)!

[/SPOILER]
It's "i'll know the meaning of Promised Neverland" or you'll?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's in the next volume. This one only covers up until the end of the first round. Seems like most of the negative reviews stem from the exam itself not being very interesting others are probably flaming as usual.
thanks for the correction
next volume reception is gonna be interesting too it seems

I see Ochako too thankfully she is floating or else she would have been lost between the other 5 heroines with the same design.
it's Tosh, same face abuse is mandatory, at least he put some effort into mimicking Horikoshi

A Jump universe manga that take place in the school like that would be really fun to read.
I want a manga that treat school the way Bully (Rockstar's game) treated school
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, I certainly hope it won't be that soon. At the very least, I give it about Toriko's length before it ends so it won't suffer the same fate its predecessors did. Most of the mangas that ended on a good note is always around 300-ish.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I certainly hope it won't be that soon. At the very least, I give it about Toriko's length before it ends so it won't suffer the same fate its predecessors did. Most of the mangas that ended on a good note is always around 300-ish.
I agree and 300-ish sounds like a perfect length
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We Never Learn was a 80% good start, the thrusting of romance antics and some fanservice felt unnecessary and awkward. It could have been a good manga if it focused more on the questions and answers and tutoring mission rather than trying to get someone clearly uninterested in love with females involved in a plot like that.

BLack Clover felt like it was taking off to new heights. I cant wait to see what new magic arte Dorksta unlocks.

And Food Wars has finally regained its missing touch and is focusing on what we want , more sotaku firing each other up.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Well, I certainly hope it won't be that soon. At the very least, I give it about Toriko's length before it ends so it won't suffer the same fate its predecessors did. Most of the mangas that ended on a good note is always around 300-ish.
I agree and 300-ish sounds like a perfect length
Which series are you guys talking about
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Which series are you guys talking about
MHA
"I've bulk read MHA to catch up with it and I see that, in my opinion, the series will possible dip in quality. I can see where Horikoshi will most likely go with the series and I can see it going into a route similar to Bleach. I'm a casual fan of this series and I really don't want that sort of thing happen. On a side note I dropped Bleach at the Full bring arc." <- my original post that I accidentally deleted
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top