Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Watch, definitely. Everything has more impact together, people just don't realize apparently, which is new for me.
Besides, you cannot skip 17 episodes out of 25 just because someone said that they are boring, you cannot be influenced like that, it is not best practice. Watch and create your own opinion about that.
Good point fam and actually I'm not even following my own guidelines smh. I like getting reviews for things especially if it's something interesting but it's always best to go off your own convictions. Something you like someone will dislike. Your opinion and the author's really is the only one that matters.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
English Jump filled up this issues' pages with a few side chapters and they'll be doing it again next week with Komi's newer oneshot and that old Nisekoi x Haikyuu crossover. Seems like they're probably waiting for the next batch of new series before picking up anything new instead of going for Demon's Plan or finally Kimetsu.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I believe he's not including the filler arc at the end
The filler arc wasn't the end of the series. There was 10 more episode after that, so 58 episodes.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
KnY's latest chapter was amazing.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
English Jump filled up this issues' pages with a few side chapters and they'll be doing it again next week with Komi's newer oneshot and that old Nisekoi x Haikyuu crossover. Seems like they're probably waiting for the next batch of new series before picking up anything new instead of going for Demon's Plan or finally Kimetsu.
Time do drop some tears (figuratively) with Toki doki again.

When the first batch of 2017 comes? Let's see if 2017 starts well.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This i just sad. In some ways I should be happy for Rooster Teeth for doing the impossible but I wouldn't want to be associated to something like RWBY. Viz seriously needs to get some more titles here if they can release Souma then surely they can release Ghost Tits or get more tiles from V Jump like Dragonball Super or stop being chickenshit and get Saiki already.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This i just sad. In some ways I should be happy for Rooster Teeth for doing the impossible but I wouldn't want to be associated to something like RWBY. Viz seriously needs to get some more titles here if they can release Souma then surely they can release Ghost Tits or get more tiles from V Jump like Dragonball Super or stop being chickenshit and get Saiki already.
I have to say that after the last chapter CP, lose your hopes of seeing Yuragi-sou getting serialized in ESJ. XD
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The RWBY manga is nothing too crazy, but it's all backstories. I can see how it can be boring..
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
When the first batch of 2017 comes? Let's see if 2017 starts well.
If I had to put money on it I'll bet we will get a new series when the last of the new year oneshots is published, so 2 weeks from now
Amalgam is ending either next week or the week after that, they're confronting the mad scientist final villain already

This i just sad. In some ways I should be happy for Rooster Teeth for doing the impossible but I wouldn't want to be associated to something like RWBY. Viz seriously needs to get some more titles here if they can release Souma then surely they can release Ghost Tits or get more tiles from V Jump like Dragonball Super or stop being chickenshit and get Saiki already.
Ghost Tits is wayyy more prevy than SnS, it's like asking them to add TLR
they're already doing DBZ Super
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/dragon-ball-super
Saiki won't get on the magazine because of all the puns and references are hard to translate
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
ESJ should have gotten Kimetsu already. Would have been good to debut it in this issue with the cover and color pages.
At best Yuragi could get a volume release only thing, but I can't see that happening really. They could add some more series from Jump+ or more oneshots, which they're already starting to do.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Has anyone been reading the Spring Weapon raws and is able to tell if it's about to end yet? I think it's been bottom 5 ranked the whole time just like Amalgam. Would be nice to get another batch of 3 again.

Also something I find interesting about this week's english jump is that RWBY is at the end of the magazine despite being on the cover, you can really get a sense of how much of a massive failure it has been. I think it was at 13 chapters or something when I was reading last month's Ultra Jump raws and I remember seeing an ann article about it reaching its climax next issue, so we at least shouldn't be stuck with it for too much longer (meaning they'll have to pick up something new to fill up pages).
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
This Kimetsu chapter was pretty good, seeing all or most of the pillars was cool, and it seems like the series is finally safe so the cast can finally expand beyond our three heroes. The designs are pretty cool looking actually, although that edgy guy who fought with Tanjiro kinda bugged me with his design. Also, that one love girl's hair bothers me a bit with the green on the bottom... It just kinda contrasts too much lol. She also took up quite a few panels, albeit small ones. All in all though, good chapter.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I thought the new chapter was good, not amazing. I will say that I'm starting to enjoy it more now that I feel like it's safe from being cancelled anytime soon. I just love how fresh the series feels. Gotouge's lack of polish in his art for me is compensated by such a cool visual style.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Saiki is the new Kochikame. Can last decades without ever be relevant for the ocident.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
We got the Saiki anime legally subbed, that's already better than anything Kochikame in the west.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
This i just sad. In some ways I should be happy for Rooster Teeth for doing the impossible but I wouldn't want to be associated to something like RWBY. Viz seriously needs to get some more titles here if they can release Souma then surely they can release Ghost Tits or get more tiles from V Jump like Dragonball Super or stop being chickenshit and get Saiki already.
To be fair Food War wasn't added until chapter 93, (Nov , 2014), and the first volume was released on August, 2014. So Volume 1-11 gained attraction from the upcoming anime at the time (April, 2015).

By chapter 93, there are less nudity. The series as a whole don't have "nudity" unless somebody eats food.

-----------------------------------------
They are releasing free chapter of haikyuu/KnB. I can see them adding Haikyuu to the line up when they caught up to the current release since they go one volme/month.

They could add JoJo's bizarre adventure part 3 to the line up. Kimetsu is the obvious choice.
------------------------------------------------

If anyone care about New York best seller, ecchi/harem or ecchi/action usually on the list (especially title from Seven Seas). One day, Viz might change their mind. Until then, I don't see Yuragi get a released in the US.

Speaking of Yuragi, chapter 46 is really good. Million seller when? :derp
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Speaking of Yuragi, chapter 46 is really good. Million seller when? :derp
The best part of the fanservice in Yuragi is the girls never get mad at Kogorashi :D. Wish more harems would get that.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
KnY chapter , Loved it , one of the best chapters yet , and still with all pillars being revealed Shinubo is my favorite <3 , and btw I cant tell if the Mist Pillar and the snake are Female or Male xD .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top