Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I can kind of understand people looking at text spoilers for something like Neverland where they show up a few days before the actual chapter (since it's a normal lack of patience thing), but I really don't see the point of reading spoilers for stuff like One Piece where they'll just be reading it properly a couple hours later anyway (unless you only read it in english jump and want to keep up with discussions for more than 2 days a week).
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It amazes me how early we're getting Neverland spoilers, though. With Bleach, I was accustomed to seeing spoilers early Thursday mornings. With Neverland, we get them on Wednesday, around the same time One Piece leaks, it seems. It amazes me how we have early spoilers like that for a relatively new series. The demand is real.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It amazes me that Mangastream still thinks we want Demon's Plan early Thursday morning and want to wait til Sunday for Neverland
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with demand, if the leaker likes the series he'll put text spoilers out early. Souma also gets text spoilers around the same time as OP. Doesn't really matter nowadays since they come so close to the chapter release anyways.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
It amazes me that Mangastream still thinks we want Demon's Plan early Thursday morning and want to wait til Sunday for Neverland
I think it's because the translator for TPN is available on weekends.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it's because the translator for TPN is available on weekends.
Will that fly once the series becomes more popular?
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, now I want to ask something.

About Inagaki returning with Boichi, many people here knows Boichi. Is Boichi really that popular in the western fandom?
I mean, I know him from Sun-Ken Rock, but I didn't know that so many people know him.

Regarding 6 new series, this is the new record of new series right? I don't remember Jump has this many for new serialization wave.
All seems interesting. I need to read all and then drop the low quality one.
Sun-Ken Rock is really famous, but not because it is good. Boichi did only one good thing in his entire carreer, and it was Hotel (haven't read Origin tho). Let's wait and see if Inagaki can use Boichi's art to tell a good story.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Issue 9 Cover


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Gintama Lead CP
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, now I want to ask something.

About Inagaki returning with Boichi, many people here knows Boichi. Is Boichi really that popular in the western fandom?
I mean, I know him from Sun-Ken Rock, but I didn't know that so many people know him.

Regarding 6 new series, this is the new record of new series right? I don't remember Jump has this many for new serialization wave.
All seems interesting. I need to read all and then drop the low quality one.
Most people were introduced to him through Hotel but his most popular work is Sun Rock Ken. He's a pretty prolific artist with many series under his belt.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Great cover color page for Gintama.

I think the cover for that volume of MHA is my favorite cover for the series yet

Out of the new series, Polo and the Tamura series have the most appealing designs to me
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I meant to post this prediction in here, but I was going to predict that Boichi's Art in this series would probably be more simplistic and cartoony than his regular work given that he's doing two weekly series, and it looks like I was right
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Shokugeki no Soma - Chapter 200 Color Page
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
New Series Preview color
Really like the artstyle for Dr. Stone. I'll probably try most of these on char design alone.
 
Last edited:

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
OGA IS BACK AGAIN..... :teehee:teehee
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Dr.Stone designs look great in that clearer image. U19 looks least interesting based on designs
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Toteku mangaka is going to get absolutely shellacked. Kimura might too. Dr. Stone will be the smash hit out of the gate, with Golf surviving. Rest will warm the bench until Zippo and Kempa Trick.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top