Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>the 2 japanese dudes were standing although they have an empty chair because they were using it to shill Boruto's merch

you can't make this shit up :grin
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if they maybe weren't allowed to talk about the new series aside from announcing that they exist.

You'd think that would've been a major section, 6 new jump starts coming in the next 2 months would give them a lot to talk about but all we got was a quick "we'll have 6 jump starts soon, remember to vote on the surveys"and that was it, no hype or fanfare or anything like that.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So Viz is Calling "Polo's Study Abroad" "Robot's Study Abroad"

Which one is right?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Why wouldn't they be allowed to though? Unless they're waiting to list them in Monday's issue? They could have at least mentioned the names of the veterans returning... despite the fact that most already knew about it.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I looked at the clock and realized I lost the transmission. Thank God I lost it.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Mandate from jp WSJ or Shueisha perhaps? Sure everyone already knows the titles, creators, and basic descriptions due to early leaks but this stream's reveal of there being 6 new series coming soon in WSJ is technically the first official announcement as far as I know.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why wouldn't they be allowed to though? Unless they're waiting to list them in Monday's issue? They could have at least mentioned the names of the veterans returning... despite the fact that most already knew about it.
Publishers generally won't make any official statements that confirm issues are getting leaked before street date because it makes them look bad. I remember when the Internet lost its collective shit over Fuuka, the editor at WSM had to tweet something like "please stop asking me what's going on because I can't talk about it until the issue actually goes on sale." And then Real Account made fun of him, that was actually pretty hilarious.

That said, if they know they can't talk about it, you'd think they'd just make up some announcement they can actually announce.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The great Fuuka shitstorm
October 2014
I was there
never forget
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Man I pray Boruto will show greatness... current novels being animated in shippuden are cool to me. But I have trust issues with SP
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
That said, if they know they can't talk about it, you'd think they'd just make up some announcement they can actually announce.
Pretty much this.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching it. It seems that their weekly podcast, which is not that interesting in the first place, is able to be more interesting...

Subscription for $10 is good though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Togashi won by a large margin the poll of the authors that have breaks way too much. XD
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...of-manga-artists-with-too-many-breaks/.111506
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The great Fuuka shitstorm
October 2014
I was there
never forget
You'll be able to reenjoy it. The anime will get there.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well , at this point all I wish from Boruto is more ShikaTema since you know , their kid .. I didnt get enough of them :x3
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
fans thinks wt hiatus is worse than berserk?! what are they smoking? also no Beet? no Nana?

find however made this and give him a cookie, also you get an internet cookie if you get the reference

 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Everybody here knows that Boruto is crappy, but we also know how Narutards can be fanatics. I bet Boruto has been receiving a lot of votes in ESJ and VIZ is excited by that.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Let's face the truth... Boruto alone will sell much more than all the series that our american companions would like to see serialized combined.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Let's face the truth... Boruto alone will sell much more than all the series that our american companions would like to see serialized combined.
Sad but true. I'd really love to see Boruto flopping, but I know this isn't going to happen.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Let's face the truth... Boruto alone will sell much more than all the series that our american companions would like to see serialized combined.
Sad but true. But who knows maybe it'll become another Kinnikuman Nisei along the pipeline and people will hate it before it does too much damage to the franchise that Kishi didn't already do himself.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I thought the Boruto movie was good and think the series(once it gets to new material) has potential to be a good follow up to Naruto.
I mean, I think it am an definitely be better than the War arc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top