- Joined
- Aug 7, 2016
- Messages
- 5,296
- Reaction score
- 7,331
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
The problem with shounen romance is that most of them spend years teasing stuff then end the moment the romance actually starts.
I agree, i haven't read the manga but i watched the anime and my god, i disliked how every episode was like ''Takeo may look like a Gorrila but he can do this'', i heard the anime was faithful to the manga so i never bothered to pick it up, the only character i was interested in more was Suna, he was a bro, i was more looking forward to his romance, but sadly he had only eyes for Takeo.Bakuman had better romance than that
¬¬ There's no way...Bakuman had better romance than that
This. Or worse they tease a pairing hard and then they don't make it canon, instead we have a timeskip with random people getting together left and right without seeing how they got to that point.The problem with shounen romance is that most of them spend years teasing stuff then end the moment the romance actually starts.
Its a mistake from jump site. Mangaka name is Ei Andô.Tomohiro Yagi (Iron Knight, Red Sprite) is publishing a manga called Majin no Garudo!, and it 4th volume will come out in February? Look, I read his name here and remembered:
http://www.shonenjump.com/e/comics/
Isn't the same Tomohiro Yagi, right? Can't be!
I don't. The genre has no appeal to me whatsoever. Same with gag/comedy series. Bakuman and The Promised Neverland are the only two series I've loved that go against my usual tastes.I think everyone enjoys a good romance from time to time.
Oh, I see. Thank you.Its a mistake from jump site. Mangaka name is Ei Andô.
Nah, it is Shoujo and Shoujo is boring. XDIf you want THE romance series I recommend Ore Monogatari. There's no way a jump romcom can beat it.
There's something really ironic about saying shojo sucks and then recommending a series in GFantasy.Nah, it is Shoujo and Shoujo is boring. XD
The best one I'm reading right now is Horimiya and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.
I don't enjoy romance ever. In fact I usually prefer shounen because for the most part they shun romance too. I will admit watching breakdowns over ship wars is kind of hilarious even though I find shipping itself pointless.I think everyone enjoys a good romance from time to time. I'm interested in them but not as much as battle/action shonens. For me battle/action > romance/harem/ecchi > drama/psychological. I wish more shonens go the DBZ route and have their pairings become canon in-series so it's no dumb ship wars, no end of series drama which usually leads to bad progression/glued together romance (Narutoooooooooo) or in general things that block you from the main plot. But it's rare and will forever continue to be rare.