Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Thank you :), 37.3% in average, so 62.7% these two are what I was looking for.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Might as well post estimated sales again

30 days (Oricon + Weekly POS):

380,385 Shokugeki no Souma 21
266,763 Gintama 67
227,593 Toriko 43
145,121 World's End Harem 2
123,463 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 19
*45,747 Karadasagashi 11
*39,755 ēlDLIVE 7

59 days:

792,417 Haikyuu!! 24
338,622 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 2
337,536 World Trigger 17
229,815 Toriko 42
176,456 Black Clover 9
143,084 Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 4
104,276 Yakusoku no Neverland 1
*68,620 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They have to have some stock, they cannot print exactly the number they think it will sell. Also, print in bulk is cheaper as well, so to avoid having to reprint too often they have to print spare copies. It is obvious that they don't do this to inflate and make it look good, they will be losing money.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Shouldn't we have gotten like the top 200 volume list for 2016 by now? And top 50 series list for 2016?
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
In march
 

dark123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
394
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
When Fallen Angel's was translating MHA, they made a commitment to only translate the manga on Mondays after the Viz release for people that couldn't get Viz. It pissed some people off because the raws were out and they had to wait 4 days for a translated chapter. IMO it allowed Mangastream to steal their readers, and really until recently they began translating it early again. Imo they should've just kept sticking to what they were doing on Mondays since it makes them seem more honorable (ironic I know)
You are wrong bro. Our translator prefer to release earlier because he wants more people to read better translation than that one coming from manga stream. Now that we can again release earlier it is possible but of course later after official release in Japan we release HQ version. So we do double work for future readers to give them best quality and we are doing it for free because it is our hobby unlike MS. For a long time we simply couldn't release earlier because all raw providers except those from MS were arrested so it almost killed all Edited Manga teams.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I liked the characters, the girls (hope the short haired one wins, but oh well...) the plot seems fine too but... I don't know... Maybe if this series started it's serialization within a bunch of rookies only, it could last...

But I just can't see it beating Tamura, Inagaki+Boichi and Tadatoshi...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
there could be as many girls in the harem as there are classes and subjects

I see what you did mr mangaka
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I liked the first chapter alot, it was funnier than I thought it would be. Both girls look good so it's not a matter of picking best girl, cause both are. I'll follow this for sure
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Enjoyed chapter 1 a lot more than I thought I would
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I don't even know if there's a way to pick one of these two, because this chapter had almost no exposure for the girls.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I really enjoy this chapter......but I hope series to stay away from the "harem" genre.....
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I thought it was fine. The art was really good, but I don't have much feelings towards the girls. Also, the fan service at the end of the chapter felt super out of place.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
I thought it was fine. The art was really good, but I don't have much feelings towards the girls. Also, the fan service at the end of the chapter felt super out of place.
Every vote counts
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
You know, the Kyubi/4thGear/Getsuga Tenshou/Adult Gon thing would have work in Black Clover if it was established early on in the story, like in other shounen series. It´s obvious this manga is made up on the run. Well, at least Pierrot will see the potential. Or what, Am I not allowed to state an opinion?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Fanservice = $$$. I have been wondering though on this topic for a little, it's starting to seem like more and more manga/animes nowadays use more fanservice compared to when we grew up with milder animes. At the same time, a few years back I watched DBZ Uncut which is the uncensored version... I never realized how many fanservice scenes occurred with Bulma and Android 18. I don't have a problem w/ fanservice usually unless it's smacked in serious scenes
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
You know, the Kyubi/4thGear/Getsuga Tenshou/Adult Gon thing would have work in Black Clover if it was established early on in the story, like in other shounen series. It´s obvious this manga is made up on the run. Well, at least Pierrot will see the potential. Or what, Am I not allowed to state an opinion?
Funny thing is, I was hoping and expecting for Deku to go through something like this pre-Kamino if All Might dies. It wouldn't be some kind of hidden power awakened per se, but just a Deku that's been driven to the edge and utterly snapped using 100% OFA unconsconciously and miraculously, is not suffering the backlash/or the backlash reduced. And even, it'd still lead to development for his character.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top