Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Pierrot's two biggest hits, Bleach and Naruto were infinitely long-running but at the cost of budget itself. You can have a lot of episodes with bad art and animation with these two along with the occasional amazing ones. Not to mention the filler hells...... Yet, for some reason, these became the two biggest animes for a decade and half and defined anime and consequently, manga for a generation.

Twin Star Exorcist, Pierrot's most current line-up, is also long running with fillers in-between. It's pretty safe to say they're using it to fill Bleach's gap from the looks of it. Don't be so surprised if BC blows up too. What the first three have in common is that they're long-runners with fillers in-between, to compensate costs they cut corners around the production, resulting in bad animation art for a lot of episodes. Haven't seen TSE though, but the first two definitely applies.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Well, Manga Stream got We Can't Study.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I keep saying this, but you really have to wonder if it would've made a huge difference if the anime had gone all the way to Ch. 59 last season. If it had, I would dare say that we wouldn't be seeing this downward trend and instead had a stable fanbase and sales.
MHA didn't have very high ratings on the Channel it was airing on, which isn't necessarily it's fault, as I hear that time blocks ratings were dropping anyway. However, I doubt more episodes would have made a a drastic difference in its sales.
Let's just hope it benefits more from its new channel and time block.

That, and Pierrot does long-running anime on low budgets which, counterintuitively actually makes them popular.......

I seriously need some dope for me to forget that ever happened (when it does).
Long runners aren't a gurantee for huge sales either. As seen with World Trigger and Toriko. They didn't get much bigger than where MHA is now and they aired for over a year
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MHA didn't have very high ratings on the Channel it was airing on, which isn't necessarily it's fault, as I hear that time blocks ratings were dropping anyway. However, I doubt more episodes would have made a a drastic difference in its sales.
Let's just hope it benefits more from its new channel and time block.


Long runners aren't a gurantee for huge sales either. As seen with World Trigger and Toriko. They didn't get much bigger than where MHA is now and they aired for over a year
Because they were made by TOEI haha.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even with those hype Neverland onlydid 40k on 3 days
It sold 16k more than volume 1 did in the same amount of time. That's pretty good growth rate.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Both Mangastream and Jaminisbox said they're only doing the first chapter
I can assure you that one of them will do another chapter ;)
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I keep saying this, but you really have to wonder if it would've made a huge difference if the anime had gone all the way to Ch. 59 last season. If it had, I would dare say that we wouldn't be seeing this downward trend and instead had a stable fanbase and sales.
Being longer wouldn't have improved anything., I mean people seem to forget that Twin Star Exorcist is 50 episodes and sales of the manga has not increased dramatically either despite it being animated by Pierrot and the current flop Eldive has not moved sales at all and let's not forget Kingdom despite having two seasons it only got a boost in sales because it was mentioned on a variety program years after. Every Jump manga have been decreasing in sales, I think people are just over blowing this. They'll eventually rise back up.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just recently learned from a relative who lives in Japan that Black Clover is actually well like among older reads (ages 15 - early 20's).
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just recently learned from a relative who lives in Japan that Black Clover is actually well like among older reads (ages 15 - early 20's).
Shhhhhh. Don't mess up the conspiracies people have here. It's all editorial push, remember? :P
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pierrot's two biggest hits, Bleach and Naruto were infinitely long-running but at the cost of budget itself. You can have a lot of episodes with bad art and animation with these two along with the occasional amazing ones.
How do we even know that Naruto or Bleach has/had a low budget or that animation quality came at a cost of the budget? I would think for weekly shows, the limiting factor in terms of animation quality and art is time, as I dont think there was ever a time where they delayed an episode because it wasnt finished in time.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I can't read them myself, but here's U19 spoilers


2036年 校則で規定された以上の長さだからと、JKを丸刈りにする高校教師


第1話 紅童衛児と立派な大人たち(くどうれいじとりっぱなおとなたち)


16年前の大人党(おとなとう)の躍進により、子供たちに理不尽な支配が強いられている
その中での成績により、子供たちは20歳での成人後「大人ランク」と呼ばれる
A~Dの4段階のカーストに振り分けられる
(既に大人だった前述の丸刈り教師は既得権益が認められAランク)


今でも制度に反対する「ガレージキッド」と呼ばれる団体があり
そのメンバーは「リビドー」に起因する異能の力で
反旗を翻すべく暗躍してるという都市伝説こそあるものの
その噂の元とされるサイトも大人党の検閲下なので、どこまで本当なのやら


さて、主人公・衛児の通う高校で
大人党の新政策である、全生徒の遺伝子検査を試験運用することになる
衛児は大人ランクが低かろうが人間の幸せには関係ないと考えてるので
ろくに結果も聞かずに採血場を離れるが
実は4段階どころか、Dの下のEが出た者もいる
何事かと思ってると、もっとヤバい事態が発生
衛児と幼いころから相思相愛の月野朱梨(つきの あかり)の判定結果がSSS


すぐさま臨時休校になり、大人党の思惑により朱梨は転校することになる
衛児(こうして…… ずっと続くと思ってたオレと朱梨の日常は
理不尽な大人たちによって…… 壊れ始める……)
■運命は、廻る――。
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the reason it dropped for that chapter is because, as it's name suggested, it was a meaningless fight that Horikishi didn't need to make since it kind of goes against Bakugou's character in a way.
The chapter ranked is 119 and it wasn't really against his character. I think he wanted to coincide this fight with the results of the poll I think we should be worried about the ranking next week.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
MHA didn't have very high ratings on the Channel it was airing on, which isn't necessarily it's fault, as I hear that time blocks ratings were dropping anyway. However, I doubt more episodes would have made a a drastic difference in its sales.
Let's just hope it benefits more from its new channel and time block.
Well it's almost guaranteed big ratings in the new block at least. I still have a feeling that this season is 2 cours.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Being longer wouldn't have improved anything., I mean people seem to forget that Twin Star Exorcist is 50 episodes and sales of the manga has not increased dramatically either despite it being animated by Pierrot and the current flop Eldive has not moved sales at all and let's not forget Kingdom despite having two seasons it only got a boost in sales because it was mentioned on a variety program years after. Every Jump manga have been decreasing in sales, I think people are just over blowing this. They'll eventually rise back up.
Yeah, that's probably true. But I was thinking that the longer the anime goes, TSE's sales will eventually go up thanks to name recognition. It might not be showing an increase now, but the longer it goes on, it is possible it will increase in the future thanks to the extended exposure it got. That's what I think anyways.....

I have to ask, how soon did Bleach and Naruto start showing increases in sales since their anime's premiere, and since when did it start blowing up big?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, that's probably true. But I was thinking that the longer the anime goes, TSE's sales will eventually go up thanks to name recognition. It might not be showing an increase now, but the longer it goes on, it is possible it will increase in the future thanks to the extended exposure it got. That's what I think anyways.....

I have to ask, how soon did Bleach and Naruto start showing increases in sales since their anime's premiere, and since when did it start blowing up big?
For Naruto it was around the Chunin Exams arc and for Bleach iw was around the time of the Soul Society arc in there respective anime I think.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have to ask, how soon did Bleach and Naruto start showing increases in sales since their anime's premiere, and since when did it start blowing up big?
I know Bleach had an increased almost immediately when the anime had started reaching its peak in 2008-2009 around the time the Diamonddust Rebellion was in theaters. Naruto was also an instant success but it was already an abnormality before the anime skyrocketed it so it hard to pin-pomt where exactly there was a substantial increase in sales.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top