Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Ole Golazo is probably next week, or week after. I don't see SW1 leaving. Good. I actually like SW1.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah I forgot Bamba the man... So we have 4 series dead... Should be 1 more dying, right? Since Red Sprite position was never "filled".

The only series that I can see ending is HZ.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Promised Neverland collapsing isnt surprising considering the missteps it continues to make. Soon it will be no better than Amalgam of Distortion.
I'd hardly call the 7th place collapsing...oh wait, it's sharky, nevermind then

Worst thing I saw him and Falseneverworld do recently is blame the industry for not supporting them. Surprise surprise Shueisha hates their guts but they blame the early scans and "competition" for it.
>pirates shit
>don't expect me to fight against pirates if you don't support me

top kek

also, "shueisha told my friend they don't want to work with him" is as legitimate as MAH UNCLE
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was BIGLY disappointed in U.19 I expected a lot more from Kimura. Only saving grace was the art. No subtlety in writing or imagination, failed Bakuman pitch.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What will die?

Gintama, HZ, Yuuna, Samon-kun, Saiki?

I particulary like gintama and Yuuna. Wish is not of these.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Banba is
-Tall yet very agile and uses acrobatic movement in the air very easily
-Uses mma to kick the ball
-Constantly gives himself praises and thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread
-His strength is crazy
-a striker that only think about scoring

Banba is based on Ibrahimovic
except that Ibrahimovic is one of the world best players in dribbling and receiving the ball which Banba sucks at
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What will die?

Gintama, HZ, Yuuna, Samon-kun, Saiki?

I particulary like gintama and Yuuna. Wish is not of these.
I think Dancing Midgets, Demon's Plan, Amalgam and Golazo are probably the only things ending.

Nothing else in the magazine is doing badly, and according to ppl that read Gintama and Zumo, they don't show signs of wrapping up right now
 

SoldadoInvernal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Age
26
Country
Brazil
I guess that none of these will die now. Gintama and HZ will probably end this year, though
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Banba is
-Tall yet very agile and uses acrobatic movement in the air very easily
-Uses mma to kick the ball
-Constantly gives himself praises and thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread
-His strength is crazy
-a striker that only think about scoring

Banba is based on Ibrahimovic
except that Ibrahimovic is one of the world best players in dribbling and receiving the ball which Banba sucks at
You forgot the most important one:

- The man
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Yeah I forgot Bamba the man... So we have 4 series dead... Should be 1 more dying, right? Since Red Sprite position was never "filled".

The only series that I can see ending is HZ.
HZ just filled volume 15 with the newest chapter
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Moue seemed so passionate and hyped about Soccer every week in the author comments. Makes me sad Golazo didn't take off for him, because I feel like he was probably his dream manga that he wanted to make for years
 
Last edited:

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
A wildcard appears
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
What will die?

Gintama, HZ, Yuuna, Samon-kun, Saiki?

I particulary like gintama and Yuuna. Wish is not of these.
Don't forget about World Trigger
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'll legitimately be devastated once HZ ends. I love the series so much.
Start a petition and #BoycottShonenJump I'll back you up
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
J
Also what at Yuragi's rank.
Chapter 44, conclusion of the Little Mermaid play. Salty opposite ships I guess? <_>
-------------------------------------

Yuuna is bigger than TLR early on. The fanbase will keep growing once the anime dropped. It will print money.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Good to see Hero Academia back up in first again, I hope it never leaves the top 5 again. Nice to see Black Clover in the middle and not pushed to the top like it seems to be every week. Looking forward to that Kimetsu color page as well.

Not sure why Spring Weapon is that high. I'm guessing it's going to be the new designated gag manga? I don't think we really need another one considering we already have 3 others (Saiki, Isobe, and Samon). My guess is either Spring Weapon or Samon will be axed, although I'm hoping more for both of them to be gone. While I do enjoy reading Samon when the chapters come out once a month or so, I won't really miss it that much.

My guess about Yuuna's rank dropping is now that it's selling well, Jump doesn't really want to push it as much so they're going to focus on other series that need it more.

LOL'ing at Demon's Plan and Amalgam ending in the same issue, although a part of me was hoping that Eustass would be popular enough to carry it longer because I liked his character. Oh well.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
^ My Hero Academia didn't leave the top 5 last week.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Wasn't it ranked 6th some weeks back? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe I remember it leaving the top 5 for the first time.

EDIT: whoops, sorry, I was mistaken. It was back in 2015 Issue 30 that it was ranked 6th (which was the only time it left the top 5). Sorry for the overreaction.

Also I found out that Hinomaru Zumou actually ranked first for its first ranking, which is honestly quite amazing considering most series rank quite low for its first chapter, often being in the bottom three.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
What will die?

Gintama, HZ, Yuuna, Samon-kun, Saiki?

I particulary like gintama and Yuuna. Wish is not of these.
Between those, I like HZ, Yuuna and Saiki, haven't read Samon-kun yet and I REALLY dislike Gintama. Hope it's Gintama, but I think it's only going to end later this year, so I hope Samon-kun dies first. Also, why isn't Isobee an option?
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Neverland performed poorly Hope it gets back to its feet in next week.

Glad to see Hero Acedamia above BC, part of me dies everytime i see it above MHA.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top