Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
put back at page 111 you mentioned the fact that he had serialized 2 other series before My Hero making him a veteran?


Speaking of Boichi i'm pretty sure Sun-Ken Rock didn't sell 100k a volume or his other series for that matter. So wouldn't Boichi be considered a irrelevant mangaka as well or a rookie mangaka in your definition?
if you're having a hard time understanding what the definition of a veteran it's "a person who has a long experience in a particular field." Which Tsutsui has
You're forgetting Wallman and Origin. Boichi is a seinen mangaka though it's normal to sell a little less since the demography comprehends less readers. Still VETERAN.

I'm not having any hard time at all. You guys that are so DESPERATE for his irrelevant series to survive...

You're only making me look forward to its cancelation...
 
Last edited:

cue1996

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
68
Reaction score
99
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You're forgetting Wallman and Origin. Boichi is a seinen mangaka though it's normal to sell a little less since the demography comprehends less readers.

I'm not having any hard time at all. You guys that are so DESPERATE for his irrelevant series to survive...

You're only making me looking forward to its cancelation...
so because he makes seinen manga he's automatically given a free pass for the all irrelevant manga he's created? that's the biggest excuse I've seen someone give for a manga not selling shit also Wallman didn't sell all that good either and we still don't know how much Origin sales.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
so because he makes seinen manga he's automatically given a free pass for the all irrelevant manga he's created? that's the biggest excuse I've seen someone give for a manga not selling shit also Wallman didn't sell all that good either and we still don't know how much Origin sales.
I'm not sure what you mean by irrelevant... Wallman sold way more than 100k (total indeed). Why you're saying he is irrelevant? Because you want the romcom to be better? Give me a break ;/

Again you guys seems DESPERATE to make this mangaka a veteran. Why?

Like somebody said before, you "want love comedy manga because that's what you're missing in your real lives"? I don't get it.
 
Last edited:

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
I'm not sure what you mean by irrelevant... Wallman sold way more than 100k (total indeed). Why you're saying he is irrelevant? Because you want the romcom to be better? Give me a break ;/

Again you guys seems DESPERATE to make this mangaka a veteran. Why?

Like somebody said before, you "want love comedy manga because that's what you're missing in your real lifes? I don't get it.
No one here cares about his work but you are putting Boichi on a pedestal but are looking down on a mangaka because he isn't relevant in your eyes.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No one here cares about his work but you are putting Boichi on a pedestal but are looking down on a mangaka because he isn't relevant in your eyes.
What?? Me?? I just said he is a veteran... Nothing else dude haha.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
And yes I said Horikoshi is also a veteran. "Is" meaning NOW. Because of MHA. Before that, he was not. He was irrelevant. Nobody couldn't care less about his previous works (don't pretend that you all were big fans of his)
Well, actually, the sole reason I read MHA when it first came out was because Horikoshi's name was attached.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, actually, the sole reason I read MHA when it first came out was because Horikoshi's name was attached.
Really? What you read before? The zoo manga or Bulge?
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
A veteran is somebody that have experienced publishing manga. It does not matter the magazine. It does not matter the genre.
Well, by this definition, then this random guy from Kosaki-chan is a veteran, but now you changed your mind and don't want to admit it. The point here isn't that I want the romcom to survive (actually I want U19 and romcom to die ASAP), but that you're trying to give us excuses to mark people as veteran and rookies and trying to say "No, only MY veterans will survive, this random guy is irrelevante despite that I said that doesn't matter the magazine nor genre".
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Really? What you read before? The zoo manga or Bulge?
Both. I really liked Zoo. Bulge was bad, there's no doubt. However, I still saw potential in him. Plus, I adore his artstyle.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Barrage was kind of fun, I remember working on the translation.
Never read this one, I'll take a look. Thanks for pointing that out.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Never read this one, I'll take a look. Thanks for pointing that out.
If you read Bulge it's the same thing, they announced the official English name after the fact.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I remember Bulge being one of those series with a massive story hidden in the setting that could've been a big thing but it just waddled around doing nothing interesting with it until it got cancelled, kind of like the problems that the iron knight/red sprite guy has (the enemy designs were great though).

Also all the veteran/rookie goalpost moving reminds me that Kishimoto got a rookie of the year award a bit back. I guess in Japan you're only a veteran when you've finished a series.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Why are you all still replying to this guy? I understand that this is a forum thread and discussion is supposed to take place, but echoing the same thing over and over to each other doesn't really count as discussion really, and it will go absolutely nowhere with the way he's acting. This is the same argument that was going on just a couple of days ago that caused an administrator to step in to tell you all to chill out. Is this gonna be the new "why is Black Clover still in the magazine its shit blah blah" """discussion""" that arises every time we run out of things to talk about? If so, I'd rather discuss Black Clover, since at least we get new content to talk about it every week.
 

cue1996

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
68
Reaction score
99
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by irrelevant... Wallman sold way more than 100k (total indeed). Why you're saying he is irrelevant? Because you want the romcom to be better? Give me a break ;/

Again you guys seems DESPERATE to make this mangaka a veteran. Why?

Like somebody said before, you "want love comedy manga because that's what you're missing in your real lives"? I don't get it.
i couldn't find the where you say that Wallman sold 100k so if you could give me the source i would appreciate it.We are not saying Bochi is irrelevant if anything you're saying that he's irrelevant by your definition of a veteran.

we are not desperate for making him a veteran he is a veteran. Your really being disrespectful to him and all the hard work he put into his all manga and it really made me lose respect for you in this community. Even if you don't know what those manga show some respect by not calling him an irrelevant mangaka and not a veteran. And no I'm not a fan of We Can't Study i think it's an OK manga put i wouldn't miss it if it was cancelled.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i couldn't find the where you say that Wallman sold 100k so if you could give me the source i would appreciate it.We are not saying Bochi is irrelevant if anything you're saying that he's irrelevant by your definition of a veteran.

we are not desperate for making him a veteran he is a veteran. Your really being disrespectful to him and all the hard work he put into his all manga and it really made me lose respect for you in this community. Even if you don't know what those manga show some respect by not calling him an irrelevant mangaka and not a veteran. And no I'm not a fan of We Can't Study i think it's an OK manga put i wouldn't miss it if it was cancelled.
After he is canceled we can talk about this again. This discussion is over =)

And to whoever mentioned Black Clover... Last week's and this week's chapters are awesome.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
After he is canceled we can talk about this again. This discussion is over =)

And to whoever mentioned Black Clover... Last week's and this week's chapters are awesome.
But U19 sucked?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is anyone else a little underwhelmed by Sir whole 'There was another that could've received OFA and he'd have been better then you, so until you prove yourself to me I won't accept you as the successor' rant he went into at the end of the chapter this week. Don't get me wrong Sir said what need to be said so Deku understands that there will be others out there that won't always support him, but it felt very bland in terms of the impact to me. I'm going to assume it was probably going to be longer (probably better I could be wrong though)initially, but Horikoshi decided that it need to be shortened or his editor asked him to shorten it.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Academia has its own topics if you want to discuss the chapters themselves in case you weren't aware. This topic is mostly for more general magazine discussion, specific chapters tend not to get much talk except for new series and sometimes Black Clover.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top