Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
http://mainichi.jp/articles/20170220/dyo/00m/200/016000c

The Yomiuri TV Producer for Heroaca, Nagai Koji, predicts that Heroaca will be the best TV Series this year. He says that of the produced material so far, its all incredibly well done. He feels that Heroaca has the most momentum of the new series in jump right now and by pairing it up with Conan, he plans to make Saturday evening anime as exciting as possible.

While that prediction will hold up or not remains to be seen but the fact that lots of Japanese fans on Twitter, 2ch, etc, are excited for this series is true. I read one person saying that they might simply just stay in front of the TV all saturday evening.
That's a bold statement for a producer to make lets hope it does better then the first season did since it was hyped up like that also and well we all saw how that turned out
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good optimism, the promos all look like they upped up the animation and quality. Along with there being better content to work with I'm looking forward to it. Though it won't be more popular than AoT or OPM. Just not possible.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm not sure the producer is speaking sales-wise. I guess he's just incredibly happy and confident with how S2 looks. S1 was rushed, and looked it.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They began season 1 production early in the series. It wasn't rushed
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I read Poro, and i have to say it probably inspired from Assassination Classroom.

It has a time-frame (1 year).

Poro has a goal to accomplish.

Classmates friendship.

Poro and Koro sensei are strong. Still, Koro-sensei is way more funnier character than Poro.

Real world reference to manga. An example would be 7 to 1 world cup Brazil vs Germany :teehee, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. For Poro case at the moment it's the movie parody posters.

I like it but as a comedy series, it failed to make me laugh. For the first 10 chapters it will probably be episodic and more classmates introduce. Won't say anything else until 3 more weeks.
---------------------
Still can't like U19. If Viz doesn't continue I won't miss it too much.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
They began season 1 production early in the series. It wasn't rushed
They put forward the proposal for an anime series early. That was all early, early pre-production. The actual production started later on. This is actually very much the norm for anime due to how long the entire process takes. It's entirely possible that Neverland already has a number of proposals from producers for an anime. They wont actually start making it until at least next january though.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
They began season 1 production early in the series. It wasn't rushed
Poor choice of words perhaps. I meant that in the middle of it's airing, development for the anime turned incredibly tight, they had to constantly rush other animators from other projects onto the series to stop the development from collapsing. They might have planned the anime a long time ago, but the actual development was still a mess in some parts. This was probably, in part, due to the amount of projects Bones was actually working on last year.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Still can't like U19. If Viz doesn't continue I won't miss it too much.
It's a hit or miss at this point. The true tell on if it survives will be in it's third chapter where the actual action will be, I'm not calling it fighting since I don't see the MC actually fighting anyone just yet. I get the suspicion that it will probably stick around for a little while.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It has become rare currently, like I said, I think the authors are trying to save the good ones for more important moments.

You said that it is bad based on nonsense then because you are saying that something is bad without any parameter whatsoever.
Doesn't matter...the damage is already done.

Yeah it's bad because it's either used as shock value or becomes too repetitive. You don't need to be able to know what's a good/bad use of ecchi to determine that.
 
Last edited:

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Poro pilot chapter feels like empty to me i don't hate it but i don't like it either. Poro premise is fell flat to me it feels generic and overdone many time even for a gag manga but hey that's my own opinion.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wait a minute, did he really... REALLY said "best tv series this year"? Holy crap...

There is now way in hell that this can outshine Shingeki no Kyojin, Inuyashiki, One Punch Man (if there will be a s2 this year)... Hell, it can lose to Black Clover for that matter if they repeat the same mistakes of the last season.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
All it means is that he is pleased with production and the source material. It's highly subjective. No need to take it too seriously.

I doubt OPM will be this year, I don't like AOT, and Inuyashiki will be CG. I like the manga, but the CG worries me. And Black Clover, well, I've already expressed my thoughts on the source material.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
All it means is that he is pleased with production and the source material. It's highly subjective. No need to take it too seriously.

I doubt OPM will be this year, I don't like AOT, and Inuyashiki will be CG. I like the manga, but the CG worries me. And Black Clover, well, I've already expressed my thoughts on the source material.
Well if they go 12 episodes like MHA, I think Black Clover can do way better. The first arc of Black Clover is better than MHA first one in my opinion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A question... Does anybody know how MHA used to sell around the time the anime was announced?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
A question... Does anybody know how MHA used to sell around the time the anime was announced?
Volume 6 sold 175,287 in 5 days, which was around the time the anime was announced.
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well if they go 12 episodes like MHA, I think Black Clover can do way better. The first arc of Black Clover is better than MHA first one in my opinion.
I agree with that but I was under the impression that the first arc was going to be in the OVA that was aired at Jump Festa
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's a bold statement for a producer to make lets hope it does better then the first season did since it was hyped up like that also and well we all saw how that turned out
Being among the top 20 most profitable franchises of 2016? Yet we still have people arguing that its not enough.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
All these talks about the anime quality/raising sales/will raise sale should wait until the season started.

In fact, this place isn't a place to discuss anime quality either.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Speaking of animes, when is Black Clover's dropping?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top