Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 184 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swavey

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Everyone was shook last week knowing that Boichi is on his way. The day he comes in little Hori runs away. This is the beginning of the hero killer Boichi's reign he'll come for Oda's neck one day.
Rest in peace BnHA

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Poro has been the best so far, the second chapter was hilarious. The art is surprising me every page, it looked so uninteresting at first look. I hope it survives.

This is bait, but I will bite.

The Soma ranking (198) is a depressing chapter, as it contains crying Gin and Jou's departure. Sad/Depressing/Smug Antagonist chapters simply don't do well and aren't "enjoyable".

Keep in mind that chapter 195 (the start of the Jou flashback) was highly ranked.
I can understand, but that chapter was great, I would certainly vote for it. Readers should put their feelings aside when judging mangas. XD

Xzone

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
I'm sure there's a reason for Soma being below Isobe,
Maybe is a takamahara case? saeki don't finish in the deadline of the chapter and they punished in that way

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Maybe is a takamahara case? saeki don't finish in the deadline of the chapter and they punished in that way
Isobe got a colour page, it's never last when it gets one, it acts like any other series. So something has to take its place, It's nothing new.

Kadir0

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Shit TPN ranked so low this week, but Marrie having a color page made me happy.

Shinji Hirako

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its a failure because it was a piss poor production (they still haven't released DVD/BDs yet because they're trying to fix all the animation blunders) a lot of fans hated the changes to the voice cast, didn't do anything to increase sales of the manga and left people unsatisfied. Yeah its a failure people don't talk much about Hollow because they've forgotten about it.
Those D gray man DVD/BDs are not coming anymore as its been announced that they have been cancelled.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...low-anime-blu-rays-and-dvds-cancelled/.112834

HIGAN0

Reaction score
Country
Eyrie
Credit to Kaizou_10

Shounen Jump Issue 14:

Dr. Stone (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Gintama
Harapeko no Marie (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon-kun wa Summoner (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Yakusoku no Neverland
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Hinomaru Zumou
U19
Spring Weapon Number One
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Shokugeki no Souma

Boku no Hero Academia (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 15:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Dr. Stone, Gekkou no Arcadia (One Shot by Yagi Norihiro (author of Angel Densetsu and Claymore))
Yaiba in top 3, Great, looking forward the color page ...
I hope Horikoshi is okay, i DoN'T Wanna see another WT..
Souma is dead last lol

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Credit to Kaizou_10

Shounen Jump Issue 14:

Dr. Stone (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Gintama
Harapeko no Marie (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon-kun wa Summoner (CP)
Haikyuu!!
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Yakusoku no Neverland
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Hinomaru Zumou
U19
Spring Weapon Number One
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Shokugeki no Souma

Boku no Hero Academia (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 15:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Dr. Stone, Gekkou no Arcadia (One Shot by Yagi Norihiro (author of Angel Densetsu and Claymore))
No, the Nintendo Switch is coming out, Horikoshi is taking a long vacation.

Next week Shun Saeki and Tadahiro probably follow suits.
WTF..... You're telling me the rickroll thread at r//bokunoheroacademia was totally legit?

Nah, Hori's not Mashima. Otherwise we'd be seeing a double chapter now.

Last edited:

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Not confirmed, but it's looking very likely that MHA S2 is a split 2-cour. ADN, the same company that broke the 1-cour news last year, has listed S2 with a 2 part release, with both parts together adding up to 636mins, double the runtime of S1.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not confirmed, but it's looking very likely that MHA S2 is a split 2-cour. ADN, the same company that broke the 1-cour news last year, has listed S2 with a 2 part release, with both parts together adding up to 636mins, double the runtime of S1.
Just saw the picture:

24 episodes adapting 2 chapters per episode would be perfect and allow it to end after the end term exam.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ohh, that's nice! Gonna be so good.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Just saw the picture:

24 episodes adapting 2 chapters per episode would be perfect and allow it to end after the end term exam.
No. Chapter 59 is the perfect place to end it, whereas the end of terms goes directly into the next arc so if they cut it off at that point, it would be slightly jarring.

DyanSon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Just saw the picture:

I agree with you chapter 69 is the best spot for season 2 to end.

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
69 could be where the main ending is, and have the after-credits scene be the talk with All Might outside the police station, talking about how he can't save everyone.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No. Chapter 59 is the perfect place to end it, whereas the end of terms goes directly into the next arc so if they cut it off at that point, it would be slightly jarring.
24 episodes for 37 chapters (chapter 22 to 59) would butcher the pacing even more than season 1, leaving it at 1.5 chapters per episode. The Deku vs Todoroki fight would need almost 3.5 episodes at this pacing. The Stain fight would need 4 episodes at this pacing. 4 episodes for a fight that is only a few minutes long.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
BnHA going to hiatus was the totally blinded from seeing the full toc

now that I'm looking at it more carefully Yagi Norihiro in weekly Jump?!!

Angel Densetsu and Claymore are too of my all time my favorite manga, I really hope it's an indication he will be serialized in wsj in the near future

and since we are stealing mangakas from SQ, bring Yabuki pls

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
24 episodes for 37 chapters (chapter 22 to 59) would butcher the pacing even more than season 1, leaving it at 1.5 chapters per episode. The Deku vs Todoroki fight would need almost 3.5 episodes at this pacing. The Stain fight would need 4 episodes at this pacing. 4 episodes for a fight that is only a few minutes long.
Except Stain fight lasted about 4-5 chapters and even then, they could still make it without butchering the pacing, I believe. If we seriously want to hook newcomers to stick around for season three, they need a strong hook to do it. And I can't see a stronger hook than the end of ch. 59.

Yabuki only did one one-shot in Jump and that was practically a decade ago. But that one-shot is easily the most interesting thing he's written since Black Cat.

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Whenever Gintama decides to rise to the top on a whim, whole ToC goes chaotic.

And gorilla just turns back and makes this face.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dr stone spoilers, got it from 4chan with no idea who they got it from
The Hero is the black haired guy and his name is Taiju. The Blond one is called Tenkuu and the heroine is Yuzuriha.
One day Taiju confesses to a girl (implied to be Yuzuriha) when the sky is covered in a strange light. Everyone who touched that light turned to stone. Taiki and the girl are turned to stone and over 1000 years pass. His stone breaks and he explores the world until he finds his old friend Tenkuu who was freed from being a stone half a year ago. Tenkuu guides Taiju and takes him to his small treehouse. He intends to team up with them and bring the civilization back to where it was. They decide to investigate what the light thousands of years ago was and how to fix the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.