Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The final fight that is starting right now has been built up ever since the beginning of the manga, so yes, I believe that the manga will end after it.


Of course. After Ushio, the protagonist, beats his main rival Kuze, the manga will have reached its climax. It would be unnatural to prolong it after that.

Sesuji wo Pin! is a bit of a different case. Its rankings sunk during the middle of the final tournament and recovered only a little too late, so that definitely played a role in its ending. But at the same time, the author managed to show what he wanted to draw, and managed to finish with an ending much more natural than the majority of the magazine.
It's true, you are correct. But what about the Yokozuna stuff? Isn't the MC supposed to achieve that?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Nothing in particular... I think that the problem is how I communicate with you guys... I'll try to make it simpler from here on...
The problem is that you hardly ever say anything positive here, so people just have the opinion you're an asshole and take everything you say seriously as if you're against everything. Ie. You are only here to hate. So even when you have something good to say, people read it with the wrong tone because of the reputation you have created for yourself.

The problem with MHA fandom is the same of OP, Naruto, or any big battle shounen... People can't receive a critic of their beloved series. They can't see their beloved series "losing" on toc, sales or anything... If BC takes first position for example, people LOSE THEIR minds (not because BC is clearly a poor manga, but because even being so, it beated mha). If somebody critics the anime or is not that sure that s2 will be a success (as the hype wants it so badly to be) people LOSE it too.
This is true for every series in every medium to ever exist... And I think you are blowing it WAY out of proportion. When has anyone here ever said that these series don't have flaws? And saying, "Ugh X series is below Y series. I think Y deserves to be higher" is hardly losing their minds. And you saying all this is just interrupting potential discussion about the manga, and causing discussions like this about the members...

It's true, you are correct. But what about the Yokozuna stuff? Isn't the MC supposed to achieve that?
Well technically, the goal for him currently is for him to become a pro which is where it will theoretically end. In other words, soon. Him becoming Yokozuna will definitely be done in a few panels with a time skip. It is the end goal, not the focus.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I don't care about your cyclic conversation so I will began other : What author who doesn't serialize before do you want to start a new series based of his/her One shot?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The problem is that you hardly ever say anything positive here, so people just have the opinion you're an asshole and take everything you say seriously as if you're against everything. Ie. You are only here to hate. So even when you have something good to say, people read it with the wrong tone because of the reputation you have created for yourself.



This is true for every series in every medium to ever exist... And I think you are blowing it WAY out of proportion. When has anyone here ever said that these series don't have flaws? And saying, "Ugh X series is below Y series. I think Y deserves to be higher" is hardly losing their minds. And you saying all this is just interrupting potential discussion about the manga, and causing discussions like this about the members...
The first part is true. And this is the whole point. People here don't solely get mad at the comments. They generate hate for the author of it. Despite what it has to say.

This is the problem with the world nowadays... People don't want to listen ideas... They wanna listen to whoever says what they wanna hear.

And this is not true... People here don't just say "it should be higher" and you can see it by their comments... They pretty much bash hardcorely and get really mad at any series that is above MHA. Just go take a look.

I don't care about your cyclic conversation so I will began other : What author who doesn't serialize before do you want to start a new series based of his/her One shot?
I want the author of boy the gold to be serialized... It's not within the "non serialized authors topic" but... I'm waiting for Iwamoto to come back as well.
 
Last edited:

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It's true, you are correct. But what about the Yokozuna stuff? Isn't the MC supposed to achieve that?
It is his stated goal, true. However, Hinomaruzumo is a highscool club sports series. The team is what is important here. The full individual professional career is out of its focus, it woud change the dynamics and structure of the manga a lot. So showing Ushio becoming Yokozuna is more of an epilogue or (not that it is very likely) sequel material.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't care about your cyclic conversation so I will began other : What author who doesn't serialize before do you want to start a new series based of his/her One shot?
This is a hard question, only hardcore Jump readers care about authors that only made oneshots so far. xD
I don't know any. lol
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
This is a hard question, only hardcore Jump readers care about authors that only made oneshots so far. xD
I don't know any. lol
Then why respond?

Anyways. Kempa Trick would be nice to see. Maybe after Sumo ends.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Undead was the least terrible
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
if you search (Noroi noroi no banpei) on google the first result is me in this thread 2 years ago singing praises to it LOL

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/posts/4155065/

I talked about tons of different oneshots in my old post, (totally called Amalgam flopping 2 years before it did)
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
About One shot, I remember a martial arts one about a boy and a girl.It was nice.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Volume 18 of World Trigger has Ashihara Daisuke make an important statement.


Well, I'm glad to hear from the officials that Ashihara is still alive and well (Depending on how you define "well"). But to lose 8 kg, was Ashihara more of a chubby or a skinny author?

I think what he really needs is an artist while he focus on the story and the sketches, like the The Neverland Promise duo. But I doubt that will happen due the whole japan workaholic and gotta do everything on my own attitude. Plus pride as a mangaka. If you made this all on your own you most likely want to end it on your own instead of getting another partner halfway into the story/artwork.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
About One shot, I remember a martial arts one about a boy and a girl.It was nice.
yes that's Aka ke no Acho


reading my old posts brings back memories, man Jump should serialized their stuff faster

I remembered Fukou no Tono, which is a romcom that doesn't go anywhere on purpose, the mc is trying to confess to his crush but the universe keeps trolling him



we could have gotten this but instead we got Love Rush and Nisekoi light
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yes!! Black Cat was cool

if he doesn't want to write they can find him a writer like Beet writer or Nisio Isin or a rookie like Gakkyuu Hotei dude
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I'd rather see Black Cat pt 2 in Young Jump tbh.
As much as I liked Black Cat, I think Yabuki felt restrained in WSJ.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
it's a different time since the days of TLR and a lot has changed

they have digital version now and they have app, if he wanted to do something not so kids friendly he can do it on those
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top