Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
if you follow him in twitter (you really shouldn't do that) in the past couple of days he have been chronicling his catching up process posting pic from his stopping points
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
speaking of youtube cancer

forneverworld latest video is about Black Clover, 12 minutes of him taking a giant shit all over it

he finishes the video by saying he liked it and will keep reading it which I will never understand since he was struggling and reaching to say anything postive

it's entertaining until you go to the comments section and see he wants to get into Kimetsu no Yaiba next

I hope he doesn't get into KnY. I remember some Gintama fans were pretty pissed when he got into it. He actually compared OPM to Gintama, lmfao.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
This bold part is not a reason to give more cover and CP for One Piece?
Why would it need more cover and color pages? One Piece is already popular enough. Everyone already know that One Piece is serialized weekly in Shounen JUMP, so they put other mangas on the cover to (try to) make people interested in other series in JUMP. At least that's what I think.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I hope he doesn't get into KnY. I remember some Gintama fans were pretty pissed when he got into it. He actually compared OPM to Gintama, lmfao.
lazy f***er skipped like 400 chapters and jumped right to the anime season which cover the shogan assassinations arc
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Savagezwipanda gets so overhyped with every single jump series that starts and starts speculating it being the next big thing. He started thinking about what studio he thought would get Red Sprite for the anime adaptation when we're like 4 chapters in.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Savagezwipanda and JaymesHanson are just forneverworld's goons

they don't have anything worth saying they only repeat what their master tell them to

how can anyone watch Panda's channel anyway? his microphone is crap and his camera and lighting is crap too

you can't see anything or hear anything
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like a lot of YouTubers just parrot what other people have said rather than put in their own effort.
They aren't the most intellectual bunch.
I'd say youtubers like Digibro, Mother's Basement, and Super Eye Patched Wolf are really great anime youtubers. Super Eyepatch Wolf has a lot of great videos on Jump. But unfortunately anime doesn't really have great reviewers like the film community and game Community. Pretty much every anime youtuber doesn't even review. They just describe the chapter to you
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Savagezwipanda and JaymesHanson are just forneverworld's goons

they don't have anything worth saying they only repeat what their master tell them to

how can anyone watch Panda's channel anyway? his microphone is crap and his camera and lighting is crap too

you can't see anything or hear anything
I don't usually watch reviews on chapters when I remember to I occasionally watch some one piece ones to know whats going on, and perosonly I like KingofLightning as a reviewer he does an okay job and the very least I get a good laugh from him every now and again.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
If you watch YouTube reviews rather than read manga then you don't read manga and thus have no business discussing or pretending to review it.
I can't understand the mentality of posers.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If you watch YouTube reviews rather than read manga then you don't read manga and thus have no business discussing or pretending to review it.
I can't understand the mentality of posers.
I feel like a lot of people who watch YouTube reviews instead of reading manga just parrot what other people have said rather than put in their own effort.
They aren't the most intellectual bunch.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like a lot of people who watch YouTube reviews instead of reading manga just parrot what other people have said rather than put in their own effort.
They aren't the most intellectual bunch.
Alright, I get it; I'm being redundant.
I just don't care for the YouTube discussion. Guess I'll just ignore it.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I never watch any youtube reviews whatsoever (maybe MKBHD for tech support). But the anime/manga community is just laughable.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I never watch any youtube reviews whatsoever (maybe MKBHD for tech support). But the anime/manga community is just laughable.
I like RedLetterMedia (mostly for BotW) but they aren't manga/anime. Mike and Rich are the only ones with any actual film knowledge though.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't read reviews about anything before, during and after I read a series, I basically read what catches my attention.
Chapter review? I will not comment.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't read reviews about anything before, during and after I read a series, I basically read what catches my attention.
Chapter review? I will not comment.
Yeah, I don't care for reviews for the most part.
Why do I need to be told things I can discern for myself?
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Yeah, I don't care for reviews for the most part.
Why do I need to be told things I can discern for myself?
People just like to read the opinion of others. That's why forums like this are so popular, isn't it?

Some of them just make a summary of what happened in the chapter/episode though. Those are pretty stupid.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Giguk is great his an asian after all and TAS is an asshole but his review is pretty good.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I don't care for reviews for the most part.
Why do I need to be told things I can discern for myself?
That's right. It also make me have opinions completely different from the majority of the people about many series. If I had to follow the "trend" or the opinion of others, I wouldn't like half of the things I like.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
People just like to read the opinion of others. That's why forums like this are so popular, isn't it?

Some of them just make a summary of what happened in the chapter/episode though. Those are pretty stupid.
The problem is a lot of people let reviews tell them what to believe. People don't like to do anything for themselves.
Yeah, that's part of human nature, but the Internet generation is so much worse about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top