Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Neuro appeared in latest episode of AssClass chibi anime, not just an easter egg, he had a role and a voice actor

him appearing on the show made me realize I don't know which Matsui's work I liked more

this post is done I don't need to add anything on it but I enjoy seeing this thread go "REEEEEEE"

so there you go:


remember guys he went to Japan he know his stuff, he's an expert
when Yonkou bitch slapped him with the fact about Isobee ranking he flipflopped so hard it's almost legendary
I know earlier people were saying it's not okay to wish harm upon people for online "opinions", buuuuuuttttt....
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm probably in the minority but my favorite type of manga is a straight up traditional battle Shonen. So I'm aching for another "good" battle series like MHA and Kimetsu to join soon
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So lets say hypothetically 3/6 are successful (i'm thinking Stone, Marie, and Poro), what do y


I know earlier people were saying it's not okay to wish harm upon people for online "opinions", buuuuuuttttt....
Out of what already premiered I'm thinking Dr.Stone and Poro. I think Marie will last longer than a lot of the recent cancellations, but don't think it'll last over a year
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm probably in the minority but my favorite type of manga is a straight up traditional battle Shonen. So I'm aching for another "good" battle series like MHA and Kimetsu to join soon
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Out of what already premiered I'm thinking Dr.Stone and Poro. I think Marie will last longer than a lot of the recent cancellations, but don't think it'll last over a year
Ooh, that was a post I didn't finish writing and was in the draft box when I replied to Mammo. I was basically asking if three series are successful what existing series will be the next to go other than the failures of this batch.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Ooh, that was a post I didn't finish writing and was in the draft box when I replied to Mammo. I was basically asking if three series are successful what existing series will be the next to go other than the failures of this batch.
Oooh sorry
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Kinda annoying the JamesHayson thinks he knows so much about Jump, and misinforms so many people into thinking Jump is some evil corporation that should be punished for "axing" Bleach
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Oooh sorry
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Kinda annoying the JamesHayson thinks he knows so much about Jump, and misinforms so many people into thinking Jump is some evil corporation that should be punished for "axing" Bleach
No worries.
And while I really like HM I do think it'll be another Illegal Rare or Kagamigami.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
if 3 succeed and 3 fail

the won't axe any established titles just those 3 + spring weapon

after that we should get another round

after 12 weeks of the new round Sumo should be nearly done so it will be the next big title to go down

Kinda annoying the JamesHayson thinks he knows so much about Jump, and misinforms so many people into thinking Jump is some evil corporation that should be punished for "axing" Bleach
I really don't get what's his end game

does he think if he does these stuff that Bleach manga will magically return?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
if 3 succeed and 3 fail

the won't axe any established titles just those 3 + spring weapon

after that we should get another round

after 12 weeks of the new round Sumo should be nearly done so it will be the next big title to go down



I really don't get what's his end game

does he think if he does these stuff that Bleach manga will magically return?
Yeah, I realized that which is why I didn't end up posting it.
I wonder when Sorachi is going to end Gintama.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
if 3 succeed and 3 fail

the won't axe any established titles just those 3 + spring weapon

after that we should get another round

after 12 weeks of the new round Sumo should be nearly done so it will be the next big title to go down



I really don't get what's his end game

does he think if he does these stuff that Bleach manga will magically return?
Seems like he's trying to get ppl to turn against the magazine and "expose" what a dumb decision it was for jump to get rid of Bleach because everything has been going downhill ever since according to him
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
We should bring him here, make him aware of how goddammed stupid and how much of an absolute waste of life him and his opinions are.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
does he think if he does these stuff that Bleach manga will magically return?
Shaman King did, and Beelzebub for 6 chapters :derp. It's worth a shot loooll.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
As I've said before, I don't expect most people to be informed about how WSJ works. The problem is when you have an audience who will eat up everything you say.

Also happy that Kimetsu is getting even more recognition. It really deserves success in my opinion.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
As I've said before, I don't expect most people to be informed about how WSJ works. The problem is when you have an audience who will eat up everything you say.

Also happy that Kimetsu is getting even more recognition. It really deserves success in my opinion.
I expect that if somebody claims to be interested in something then they should be willing to learn about it.
People who don't are just posers and who cares about posers?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just try to argue with him and...
so when forneverworld talked about shuiesha refusing to work youtubers and that shueisha told his friend they're pirates he was talking about this retard

that makes it even more hilarious + shueisha just became my favorite company

I'm 1000000% sure he made it this up tho and forever-a-moron eat it up

I find it hard to believe the ceo of shueisha are having a meeting with some British teenager youtuber with 30k subscribers and taking his advice about how to run their business

give me one reason why would they

give me one reason I should believe when he's known for being a liar?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Meh let's discuss something else more fun.

Let's guess Jump mangaka which method they use to draw their manga paper + ink or digital.

These are known (from Jump Ryu):

One Piece (paper/ink), Boku no Hero Academia (paper ink/digital), Haikyuu (paper ink), Gintama (paper/ink), Food War (digital)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess :

Paper/ink: Isobe, Dr Stone (started in 2004), , Hinomaru Zumou, Hungry Marie (2008 series, why change method), Black Clover (I remember someone says he started to draw in 2003)

Digital: Yuragi (he said it himself), Poro, The Promised Neverland (ain't nobody got time to color all those picture on twitter with paper/ink, so why change method)

Not really sure: Kitmetsu no Yaiba, We never learn

edit: fixed MHA.
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Horikoshi colours digitally if that counts as 50/50.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
WT art is very flat, I'm guessing the mangaka is drawing it digital
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top