- Joined
- Aug 7, 2016
- Messages
- 5,301
- Reaction score
- 7,339
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Boichi's most well known series is from a shounen gahosha magazine, he's not a kodansha specific creator.
my point still stand. He is currently having a contract with Kodansha. I made a comment on how Kodansha's policy with their creators is lax. I made the same comment to Shogakukan last year. Having another weekly series might jeopardize Origin in the long run.Boichi's most well known series is from a shounen gahosha magazine, he's not a kodansha specific creator.
I can think of like ten authors minimum just off the top of my head who've had series under Shueisha and other publishers at the same time. They don't have an exclusivity contract, it's just that for WSJ specifically people don't do it because you have to be an insane masochist to want to do more than a weekly at once. An author I follow (who published a series under Shueisha) even outright said on Twitter that exclusivity contracts are really rare these days.my point still stand. He is currently having a contract with Kodansha. I made a comment on how Kodansha's policy with their creators is lax. I made the same comment to Shogakukan last year. Having another weekly series might jeopardize Origin in the long run.
I am fairly positive Shuiesha has a contract agreement that creators can't draw for another series while they are under Shuiesha's contract.
Good to know, thank you for that.I can think of like ten authors minimum just off the top of my head who've had series under Shueisha and other publishers at the same time. They don't have an exclusivity contract, it's just that for WSJ specifically people don't do it because you have to be an insane masochist to want to do more than a weekly at once. An author I follow (who published a series under Shueisha) even outright said on Twitter that exclusivity contracts are really rare these days.
.
the gamerTower of God
Noblesse
The Breaker/New Waves
Red Storm
Etc
Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.Speaking of Boichi, a weird thought came into my mind, out of all the korean manhwa going on or ended, which one do you think would have made successful if it was published in Jump?
Tower of God
Noblesse
The Breaker/New Waves
Red Storm
Etc
It's a manhua, but Zui Wu Dao. It has that WSJ feeling in it with the character being the underdog and becoming kinda overpowered and the art is similar to One Piece imo.Speaking of Boichi, a weird thought came into my mind, out of all the korean manhwa going on or ended, which one do you think would have made successful if it was published in Jump?
Tower of God
Noblesse
The Breaker/New Waves
Red Storm
Etc
Who cares if he's overpowered? Sports manga always do one of two things: overpowered MC or underpowered MC. If the stories good, they can almost have superpowers and it'll be fine. Eyeshield 21 was one of the most ridiculous manga in terms of special abilities the athletes had and yet it was fantastic. An overpowered swing tells you nearly nothing about the story. *eyeroll to the back of my head*MC of Robot x Laserbeam is a mix of Kagami and Kuroko and (like I called it) he is doing some STUPIDLY OVERPOWERED swings...
The other "mc" is a mix of Aomine and some other irrelevant and annoying KnB chapter that is baffled with Kurokagami habilities.
His nickname is Robot because he can repeat the overpowered swings over and over and over AND FUCKING OVER
I'm not convinced.
Can't say anything about the other two, but The Gamer is trash. He spends 100 chapter swinging a bat at a tree with little to no plot advancement besides "Wow, my strength is better now".the gamer
soul cartel
Flow
Another manhua that has that WSJ feeling is Tales of Demons and Gods.It's a manhua, but Zui Wu Dao. It has that WSJ feeling in it with the character being the underdog and becoming kinda overpowered and the art is similar to One Piece imo.
Give ToG dude is great, he needs an artist thoSpeaking of Boichi, a weird thought came into my mind, out of all the korean manhwa going on or ended, which one do you think would have made successful if it was published in Jump?
Tower of God
Noblesse
The Breaker/New Waves
Red Storm
Etc
This question is for real? Everybody here is consumed by the hype and absolutely love it. XDAm I the only one that likes Dr. Stone?