Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This question is for real? Everybody here is consumed by the hype and absolutely love it. XD

"Am the only one who doesn't like it?" would be a more appropriate question that I could do since I don't like.
I personally don't really care for it myself either. Any particular reason you dislike the series?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Heroaca won first place in the Sugoi Japan Awards in the Manga category. One punch man won this prize last year.

http://sugoi-japan.jp/en/sugoi/result.html#manga

They tweeted out that Horikoshi is taking the stage so pictures might show up soon. Re:Zero's Nagatsuki's picture as he won the awards was posted on twitter a little back.
 
Last edited:

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Heroaca won first place in the Sugoi Japan Awards in the Manga category. One punch man won this prize last year.

http://sugoi-japan.jp/en/sugoi/result.html#manga

They tweeted out that Horikoshi is taking the stage so pictures might show up soon. Re:Zero's Nagatsuki's picture as he won the awards was posted on twitter a little back.
Yaoi manga in third makes me a little uneasy. Fujos are becoming unstoppable and I don't think this is a good thing.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Golden Kamuy got robbed imo.

Still, congratulation.
 

Gikiseima

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
Shounen Jump Issue 16:
Robot×Laserbeam (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Dr. Stone
Black Clover (CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Yakusoku no Neverland
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
U19
Spring Weapon Number One
Harapeko no Marie
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Gintama
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 17:
Cover, Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Yakusoku no Neverland, Robot×Laserbeam

JP toc also said MHA is getting a poster for the next 4 issues starting next issue.

@Nakurawari he just reposted this toc, this probably is the correct one
Is we never learn already ranking?
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Awesome, congrats BNHA...

I wonder if this the first award BNHA won?

Now i am waiting the result of 10th manga Taisho awards, hoping The Promised Neverland to win this one :D
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Awesome, congrats BNHA...

I wonder if this the first award BNHA won?

Now i am waiting the result of 10th manga Taisho awards, hoping The Promised Neverland to win this one :D
iirc it won the Tsugi ni Kuru award and Kendo Kobayashi award
Placed 2nd in Bookstore workers picks, 8th in Manga Taisho Award and 5th in Kono Manga ga Sugoi!(male readers)

now I'm worried for Hori's health, carrying all of these awards must be tiring for his arms and back :XD
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Heroaca won first place in the Sugoi Japan Awards in the Manga category. One punch man won this prize last year.
Congratulations, Horikoshi! Always happy to see the manga shown some love!
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Grats Horikoshi!!!

Anyone got a list of WSJ titles that won awards?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Reading it full makes a whole damn difference... I really liked RxL
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It's my favourite out of the bunch, even if Robo's personality is a bit boring imo. Whenever it's a sport that I actually like, I usually end up hating it... but this is different. I like golf and surprisingly enough, I like this too.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This manga was way better then I expected I'm glad I went in with the thought it would be middle of the road. I also find Robot funny for some reason.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow...I actually really liked RxL and I was initially brought off towards it given the mangaka behind it but it had me sold from the very first chapter. And I'm not even saying this in comparison to the others just that it was pretty solid as a whole.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Fujimaki bothers to explain the origin of Robo's hair. While didn't say anything on the Generation of MIracle's box of crayons :derp:derp.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok now we have it all...

My ranking:

1 - RxL
2 - Dr. Stone
3 - Poro
4 - Hungry Marie
5 - We Can't Study
6 - Ucanceled.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has any group continued any after chp 3? Specifically poro and U19?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has any group continued any after chp 3? Specifically poro and U19?
It's hard to read poro or U19 in english, at least for me, since jamini's box nor manga stream are translating them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top