- Joined
- Apr 12, 2016
- Messages
- 4,125
- Reaction score
- 5,841
- Country
-
So KnY Volume 5 has a lot of volumes in print? What is the number exactly?
Toei isn't anywhere near a bad studio as when needed, they will go all out with animation scenes. Its the reason why series like Dragon Ball and One Piece have become such cornerstones of Manga and Anime. Its just that adapting an ongoing series which releases around 3 chapters a month, a number you can possibly blow through in one episode, the lengthening becomes necessary. It helps that One Piece has so much stuff packed into each chapter. But, I'm of the opinion that that's pretty much the best they can do given the time frame they have and the fact that they cannot pull it off the air as its ratings are simply too high. Oda also seems to be fine with this as well as he's never expressed any disappointment in interviews.It could've been worse, i.e TOEI animation.
With decisions like this its pretty much up to chance. Tokyo Ghoul became a big hit despite fans calling its anime sub-par. On the other hand, we have Soma which had a good adaptation and it barely had much of an effect.I would rather have an anime that's moderately successful AND is a great adaptation (w/ good-amazing animation), rather than one that's very successful but a meh or bad adaptation (w/ mediocre animation).
And why is it that we don't count Digital sales on the Oricon charts again?I found something rather interesting regarding sales numbers
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...16-digital-sees-27.5-percent-increase/.113129
Yeah mainly when Naotoshi Shida's animating. Other than that it's not great IMO. The 1 chapter per episode is just mind numbing, sometimes they can pull it off nicely but usually they handle it poorly. Ofc Oda will be fine with it; it's successful. OP was a pretty good anime earlier on too.Toei isn't anywhere near a bad studio as when needed, they will go all out with animation scenes. Its the reason why series like Dragon Ball and One Piece have become such cornerstones of Manga and Anime. Its just that adapting an ongoing series which releases around 3 chapters a month, a number you can possibly blow through in one episode, the lengthening becomes necessary. It helps that One Piece has so much stuff packed into each chapter. But, I'm of the opinion that that's pretty much the best they can do given the time frame they have and the fact that they cannot pull it off the air as its ratings are simply too high. Oda also seems to be fine with this as well as he's never expressed any disappointment in interviews.
They clearly do filler arcs here and there but they don't last long. I think it would be better if they would adapt the cover stories into arcs.I wish Toei what Toei would do is just run One Piece until it catches up to the manga. And when it catches up, just take a long break until it has a lot of material again.
But that method doesn't make as much money
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I figured it's because digital volumes cost less than print volumes. Also the fact that, according to an article posted here earlier, the print market is still 3000 times larger than the digital market, so the print numbers would mostly be insignificant. Not sure what it means exactly. Is it if something sells 90,000 copies, then only 30 digital copies were sold? It seems too small of a number to me. The way I think they should do it is count digital sales as a fraction, not a whole "1". The fraction would be (avg cost of a digital volume)/(avg cost of print volume).And why is it that we don't count Digital sales on the Oricon charts again?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
i import figures (have naruto GEM and other series like free! and utapri) and import lots of merchandise (tons of utapri), haikyuu!! stuff, more naruto stuff, and i guess i also import bl doujins (seraph of the end).Off topic discussion but beside manga tanko, do you guys purchase/import merchandise good?
I personally don't (that will change in a couple week) since usually merchandise good aren't make by the author (with the exception of artbooks), and that kinda put me off of buying them.
I'll get merch if I really like a series.Off topic discussion but beside manga tanko, do you guys purchase/import merchandise good?
I personally don't (that will change in a couple weeks) since usually merchandise good aren't make by the author (with the exception of artbooks), and that kinda put me off of buying them.
I think this the preview(?)Update (on March 18): The manga is not a new series as previously reported, but is a one-shot. This year's 51st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine revealed on March 18 that the manga's title is "Warai no Ōji Penpenpen" (Prince of Comedy Penpenpen). The manga will have 29 pages.
Found a rare donyatsu's fan xDI'll get merch if I really like a series.
Even if the author didn't make something, they'll still get royalties as long as it isn't a bootleg.![]()


Lol, ever read or watch Tar-chan?Welp, judging by the preview pic, I am definitely not checking that out. Even if it's the funniest damn comedy manga serialized in WSJ, just the design of that character is so off-putting. Why does he have to show his penis, man? Is that really necessary?