Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Nope, and looking at the MyAnimeList page tells me that I most likely won't like it. Why do you bring it up?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
^there are a lot of scenes in it where the mc have his dick hanging out

Beelzebub, Midori no Makibao and early Dragon Ball in WSJ did that too
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Those nostrils!! Takeshi vibe already. This is going to be hilarious.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Off topic discussion but beside manga tanko, do you guys purchase/import merchandise good?

I personally don't (that will change in a couple weeks) since usually merchandise good aren't make by the author (with the exception of artbooks), and that kinda put me off of buying them.

and figures are expensive.
I buy a lot of figures. Hoping for some Boruto ones soon.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Off topic discussion but beside manga tanko, do you guys purchase/import merchandise good?

I personally don't (that will change in a couple weeks) since usually merchandise good aren't make by the author (with the exception of artbooks), and that kinda put me off of buying them.

and figures are expensive.
I have one Gintama figure, and that's about it. I have a Jump Ryu volume if that counts, and some data books. Art books too. I also have that Dragon Ball 30th anniversary book, which is badass.
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We can't learn was nice this week. It's good atm. For me is one of the safest in this new mangas and I can see this running with 100 chapters or more with a medium sucess
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I have one Gintama figure, and that's about it. I have a Jump Ryu volume if that counts, and some data books. Art books too. I also have that Dragon Ball 30th anniversary book, which is badass.
Horikoshi's Jump Ryu :3c?

I have my eyes on that DBZ history book. I'll wait another 6 months to see if Viz will bring it over, if not then I'll import it.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Hungry Marie chapter was good, the plot is finally starting to move, can't wait for the new enemy to arrive. Liked that pizza analogy xD.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Horikoshi's Jump Ryu :3c?
Naturally! I also have the limited edition of volume 7 that contains the drama cd, so I guess that counts too,
I have my eyes on that DBZ history book. I'll wait another 6 months to see if Viz will bring it over, if not then I'll import it.
Ever since it came out, every couple of months I'd be tempted to buy it... so one day I just did to get it over with. The quality is superb!
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
^there are a lot of scenes in it where the mc have his dick hanging out

Beelzebub, Midori no Makibao and early Dragon Ball in WSJ did that too
I was fine with it in Beelzebub because he was a baby and Beel was cute. This character is just plain ugly. I know early DB had goku's dick out quite often but I haven't read it yet, so I can't really judge it.

Also, on the topic of merch, I do have some anime figures. 4 Haikyuu (Oikawa, Kageyama, 2x Hinata), and 6 One Piece (the 15th anniversary ones, all the male crew members). Right now, I regret getting those One Piece ones because I don't really like the designs that much, and I only got them because my friend got me the Luffy one initially and I wanted to complete the collection sorta. Really wish I used the money to buy different ones that I would like more. The Haikyuu ones I still really love though, especially the Oikawa figure because I love the pose.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
"I just wanted to cause trouple for your grandmother"
And then 200 chapters later she says it was just a prank and he chose him because of important reasons to the story.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not into merch that much but... I import all my manga from cd japan.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It is impossible to buy anything besides books in Brazil without having to pay the double in taxes, so I'm not into merchandise that much, all figures and DVD's I have I bought in the US while I was there. I bought Kono Oto Tomare CD recently and I had to deal with the heavy taxes, I will not do this again in a while.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Don't really get merch. I buy a ton of manga when I go to Japan though (not like that happens often though). It's hard to justify importing it. Importing 10 books costs the same as buying 50-100 there and bringing them back in luggage...
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We'll it appears that Ryuuhei is moving away from the romance genre and going towards an all action genre if this chapter of Hungry Marie is any indication. Also and I'm not sure if anyone else thought this, but with the current chapter why does it look like this is series is falling apart at the seams as far as story goes?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Has it even established enough of a story for things to fall apart though? Most of the first chapter was spent on beel references and the next two just explained the gimmick.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In Brazil they don't tax books/magazines and mangas fall into that category here but... The shipping costs is BEYOND expensive...
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has it even established enough of a story for things to fall apart though? Most of the first chapter was spent on beel references and the next two just explained the gimmick.
We'll it attempted to establish story on the latest chapter (it's fourth chapter) but it failed to do what I assume it was trying to do.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
We'll it appears that Ryuuhei is moving away from the romance genre and going towards an all action genre if this chapter of Hungry Marie is any indication.
Stop.
Clearly you've never read Beelzebub.
Tamura loves switching around genres by arc or chapter.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So We Can't Study will be ranked this week right? What part of bottom you guys think it will be?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We'll it appears that Ryuuhei is moving away from the romance genre and going towards an all action genre if this chapter of Hungry Marie is any indication. Also and I'm not sure if anyone else thought this, but with the current chapter why does it look like this is series is falling apart at the seams as far as story goes?
Tamura is doing pretty much what he did with Beelzebub... Making no sense at all
--- Double Post Merged, ---
We can't learn was nice this week. It's good atm. For me is one of the safest in this new mangas and I can see this running with 100 chapters or more with a medium sucess
hahaha...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top