Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
To change the topic, what's everyone's single favourite character design in WSJ? I'll get back to you with mine... still thinking. I'm interested in hearing the answers.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
To change the topic, what's everyone's single favourite character design in WSJ? I'll get back to you with mine... still thinking. I'm interested in hearing the answers.
Koro sensei

<< this octopus for those who don't know.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
To change the topic, what's everyone's single favourite character design in WSJ? I'll get back to you with mine... still thinking. I'm interested in hearing the answers.
TogashI, Yabuki, Iwashiro.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Bleach has so many amazing character designs, Ulquiorra was my favorite.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I think mine might be Grimmjow (Bleach).
Koro sensei

<< this octopus for those who don't know.
Ah, a simple, but memorable design!
TogashI, Yabuki, Iwashiro.
I was thinking more towards actual characters, but if I was to go that route, then I'd say Kubo, Horikoshi, and maybe Oda.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hungry Joker was a generic battle manga.
The Promised Neverland is a mystery.
Wut.
Hungry Joker is more then just a battle manga it is also considered: comedy, supernatural, and scifi. To promise Neverland is also more then just a mystery manga it falls into the genre categories of: horror, supernatural, and also scifi. The point your trying to make has little ground to stand on in terms of classification also lets be honest every manga that has any type of battle that happens more then three times regardless would be called a generic battle manga in one of it's other classifications.

To change the topic, what's everyone's single favourite character design in WSJ? I'll get back to you with mine... still thinking. I'm interested in hearing the answers.
Not really a WSJ title but I liked the eva's degins from Neon Genesis Evangelion
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Hungry Joker is more then just a battle manga it is also considered: comedy, supernatural, and scifi. To promise Neverland is also more then just a mystery manga it falls into the genre categories of: horror, supernatural, and also scifi. The point your trying to make has little ground to stand on in terms of classification also lets be honest every manga that has any type of battle that happens more then three times regardless would be called a generic battle manga in one of it's other classifications.



Not really a WSJ title but I liked the eva's degins from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Oh my god, are you serious right now?
Hungry Joker was a generic battle manga.
Don't argue such ridiculous semantics based on MAL tags or whatever you're trying to do.

The point is; HJ and TPN are not the same genre. They attempt to do entirely different things.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I am not sure but i think Hungry Joker fits more of Dr.Stone than TPN.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
To change the topic, what's everyone's single favourite character design in WSJ? I'll get back to you with mine... still thinking. I'm interested in hearing the answers.
hard to pick a favorite, I like Hisoka, L, Kakashi, Zoro, Rock Lee, Tsuyu, Hyunckel, Todoroki, Giorno...

and Yugioh is a WSJ title, I loved the design of so many monsters to count
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Bringing Bleach into favorite character design isn't fair. There are so many good designs from Bleach. Might as well make a list

Stand out designs to me:
Bleach: Yachiru Unohana, Mayuri.

Naruto: Zabuza

One Piece: Crocodile

Shokugeki: Rindou Kobayashi, Ryou

All the Jojo from part 2-6, and Tequila Joseph.
 
Last edited:

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hard to pick a favorite, I like Hisoka, L, Kakashi, Zoro, Rock Lee, Tsuyu, Hyunckel, Todoroki, Giorno...

and Yugioh is a WSJ title, I loved the design of so many monsters to count
Tsuyu, Mina, Ochaco, Momo, Kyoka, Mukuro, Toriko, Coco, Josuke, Kira (Jojo), Yusuke, Yoruichi, Seiya, Taikoubou, Sasuke, Uni, Haru, Suzuki, Chrome, Killua, Kurapika, Chrollo, and Shizuku
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Tsuyu, Mina, Ochaco, Momo, Kyoka, Mukuro, Toriko, Coco, Josuke, Kira (Jojo), Yusuke, Yoruichi, Seiya, Taikoubou, Sasuke, Uni, Haru, Suzuki, Chrome, Killua, Kurapika, Chrollo, and Shizuku
I like Amano's art when it was rougher was less detailed, I think I liked the art in the Mario Kart spinoff that was done by Ishojo guy more than the main series

Same thing with Kubo and Bleach, I liked his earlier characters' designs and Zombie Powder's designs more than the later stuff
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like Amano's art when it was rougher was less detailed, I think I liked the art in the Mario Kart spinoff that was done by Ishojo guy more than the main series

Same thing with Kubo and Bleach, I liked his earlier characters' designs and Zombie Powder's designs more than the later stuff
I love Amano Current art style and I agree Zombie powder had god tier designs especially Wolfina :hearts
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I ask the opposite. Which is the character design that inspires you to not read a manga? Like, the one you find unispiring and bland? For me by now it´s Asta. He really looks more like a supporting of terciary character, not so much the lead of his series
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
-Gyro/Johnny (if that counts, if not then prob the main cast of Vento Aureo &/or Jolyne/Jotaro.)

-Four Heavenly Kings

-Tanjirou

-Chrollo
-Ging
-Doflamingo
-Killua
-Kenshiro
-Pompadour hairstyles (Jirou, Josuke, Sakuragi, etc)
-Most of the beast/creature designs in Toriko, especially the 8 kings
-Kaido
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I ask the opposite. Which is the character design that inspires you to not read a manga?
Did anyone really read Sporting Salt?

most of the memes we posted was stolen from Japanese sites they were ridiculing the artist mercilessly for days

it boggles my mind how the f*** did anyone think this was good enough to be published
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I like Amano's art when it was rougher was less detailed, I think I liked the art in the Mario Kart spinoff that was done by Ishojo guy more than the main series

Same thing with Kubo and Bleach, I liked his earlier characters' designs and Zombie Powder's designs more than the later stuff
Really? I loved Bleach's later designs, they always had a unique flair to them. Askin the flamboyant Sternritter and Mayuri's ever changing design always impressed me. Kubo's great sense of fashion was really cool too.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I agree that Kubo's designs weren't as great towards the end. The Sternritter uniforms still looked really cool though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top