Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 262 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
all the shows with best ratings are long running shows (OP, DBZ, Conan, Maruko, Pokemon etc...)
people didn't get bored
They also have the highest sells manga sells in there respective times and have been around for 10+ years as anime so they fall in the same category as most ghibli movies as far as fandoms go. Pokemon while it does have a manga that's more of a animated version of the game that fans like.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
all the shows with best ratings are long running shows (OP, DBZ, Conan, Maruko, Pokemon etc...)
people didn't get bored
Yeah but not because of their number of episodes, but because they are awesome.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
The problem with investing in a new long running show is that it'd be a much bigger loss if it fails to get much of an audience, running an unpopular show for 3-6 months is bad enough but if there's already a full year booked that means you're wasting a potentially good timeslot on a show nobody watches.

There's a Twin Star and a Beel for every Toriko and Fairy Tail (and even those last two both ended up being taken off air early despite their initial success, though Fairy Tail still has a chance of returning).

Gikiseima

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Just wanna post this & give your opinions about this guys...

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
looks cheesy and cheap

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wanna post this & give your opinions about this guys...
Please god no the live action movie was bad enough why subject people to this.

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I really don't think it looks THAT bad.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
People need to another avenue, other than Jump, to vent their sexual frustrations. I hate We Can't Study. AAAGGGGHHHJ.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought Warner had the rights to Death Note? Why do we need another film when one is still in production?

Also, I'm once again reminded that there will be an American live action SAO series...

Shinji Hirako

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People always complain about Naruto, Dragon ball and One Piece being milked but Death Note has to be part of that list. It ended 11 years ago and yet still were getting continuous live action movies. To its credit it sells and what sells will get milked, simply as that.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Also, I'm once again reminded that there will be an American live action SAO series...
Spielberg is also doing an isekai movie

they ruined light novels, they ruined anime and now they will ruin hollywood

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
People need to another avenue, other than Jump, to vent their sexual frustrations. I hate We Can't Study. AAAGGGGHHHJ.
Every magazine has at least one romance manga, Jump always had at least one as well so why all this complaint now? Did you discover recently that it could have romance as well? For Pete's sake.... You guys should stop whining and focus on the 19 other series that are not romance! I passed 5 years of Nisekoi publication saying for people that they should ignore the series if they didn't like it. It is like the series is committing a serious crime just for existing.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I refuse to accept anything but the bottom for u19.

It is worse than Tokyo Wonder Boys and Stealth Symphony

I just consulted the Oracle. Looks like it maybe a 7 then.

Last edited:

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Leoat12 I'm pretty sure there were no romance in 2006 to 2009 and 2009 to 2011 (Nisekoi) unless you count Medaka Box and To Love Ru .

I's ended before Ichigo 100%

Ane Doki failed miserably. Also, no 2 romance run together in Jump are not far off

Ichigo 100% ended before TLR if you count TLR

TLR and Ane Doki ran together for 2 months, then TLR ended.

~if you count Medaka Box then Medaka Box and Nisekoi sorta ran together for 2 years.

Yuragi and Nisekoi ran together for 4 months, then Nisekoi ended.

and right now Yuragi and We can't Study is running together for 2 months now.
You understood my point, I doubt Jump didn't try to serialize a romance in a 3 year span, they had, a lot of them, they are always doing this since I came to this forum and they didn't even need it because they had Nisekoi. There was Magico before Nisekoi in 2011, To Love Ru is romance. lol
Jump has 48 years of history and had many romances throughout it history, not only the famous ones, they always tried to serialize this genre and there wasn't any problem since 2 months when you guys started with this bullshit.
It is one series! One!

Last edited:

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like the director of the new DN film so I'm cautiously optimistic.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
If anything, having two series with romance elements is probably beneficial than detrimental to Jump right now. Yuragi is an ecchi comedy with romance elements and Benkyou is a rom-com with the occasional ecchi scenes. The two mangaka basically will have to now compete to stay in the magazine although at this point its more on the side of Benkyou to try to keep the story as interesting as possible as Yuragi has stable volume sales around 100k and also includes nipples to keep people buying those volumes. If the two stories compete, they will eventually have to try different things than just follow the basic rom-com structure otherwise the readers will lose interest and Jump will axe them.

ElJin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nothing about Netflix is so cheapy.

For fans that knows the manga/anime, ok, maybe it'll be a disaster, but for those who never saw anything about Death Note before, can be a great chance to know about the world/story that surrounds the series. It'll probably be just one more Netflix movie (adaption) that will reach a lot of viewers and will bring new fans that will consume the show. Just like A Series of Unfortunate Events or something else like this.

It can be sold like just another typical Netflix movie, not necessarily a "japanese comic adaption". For example, we have Ghost in the Shell or Edge of Tomorrow movies. They aren't sold with "based in a japanese comic!" in big words, I have a lot of friends who loves Ghost in the Shell and none of them even know that's based on a manga, and this can be applied in Death Note's case.

Last edited:

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing about Netflix is so cheapy.

For fans that knows the manga/anime, ok, maybe it'll be a disaster, but for those who never saw anything about Death Note before, can be a great chance to know about the world/story that surrounds the series. It'll probably be just one more Netflix movie (adaption) that will reach a lot of viewers and will bring new fans that will consume the show. Just like A Series of Unfortunate Events or something else like this.
Dragonball Evolution was supposed to do the samething and well it wasn't received that well by fans or people who didn't know about it.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol at people ignoring the director or the level of freedom Netflix has given its original content creators.
You can't just use studio butchered projects headed by already mediocre creative teams as examples for why this project might be crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.