Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol at people ignoring the director or the level of freedom Netflix has given its original content creators.
You can't just use studio butchered projects headed by already mediocre creative teams as examples for why this project might be crap.
You can have the most amazing director or creative team and the final product might still be crap anyway. There is a myriad of films out there that have had the best directors, producers, writers, the works and be complete duds in the end so your argument that the films director and freedom level is invalidated just on principle. A side note Dragonball Evolution had a pretty good director (James Wong) whose only bad move that I could find was Dragonball Evolution.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
You can have the most amazing director or creative team and the final product might still be crap anyway. There is a myriad of films out there that have had the best directors, producers, writers, the works and be complete duds in the end so your argument that the films director and freedom level is invalidated just on principle. A side note Dragonball Evolution had a pretty good director (James Wong) whose only bad move that I could find was Dragonball Evolution.
You completey failed to take studio meddling into account which I clearly mentioned in my post,
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You understood my point, I doubt Jump didn't try to serialize a romance in a 3 year span, they had, a lot of them, they are always doing this since I came to this forum and they didn't even need it because they had Nisekoi. There was Magico before Nisekoi in 2011, To Love Ru is romance. lol
Jump has 48 years of history and had many romances throughout it history, not only the famous ones, they always tried to serialize this genre and there wasn't any problem since 2 months when you guys started with this bullshit.
It is one series! One!
It does not matter if its one series or a hundred... It's BAD. Luckily it should not annoy us so much like Nisekoi did and will die way sooner.

I couldn't care less about this live action of DN...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why people keep reading things they don't like just to criticize every week? I see this phenomenon not just here, but everywhere I go to comment mangas and the like. Just like the otter and Nisekoi. XP
Why? Just drop it and forget it.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It does not matter if its one series or a hundred... It's BAD. Luckily it should not annoy us so much like Nisekoi did and will die way sooner.
G
I couldn't care less about this live action of DN...
Why do you hate We Never Learn so much? Seems like all you say about the series is really negative.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why people keep reading things they don't like just to criticize every week? I see this phenomenon not just here, but everywhere I go to comment mangas and the like. Just like the otter and Nisekoi. XP
Why? Just drop it and forget it.
If you do not follow a series you don't have the right to instante your opinion and be heard.

Why do you hate We Never Learn so much? Seems like all you say about the series is really negative.
I don't hate it. I just think it's bad. Do you really think it deserves this top 4? Above Haikyuu? Above the ALLMIGHTY HZ?

It most certainly do not.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
If you do not follow a series you don't have the right to instante your opinion and be heard.
SHUT UP, YOU'RE CLEARLY JUST A HATER! STOP HATING YOU HATER! LOGIC AND EXPERIENCE DON'T MEAN ANYTHING, IF YOU DISLIKE WHAT I LIKE, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR REASONS YOU'RE JUST A PRETENTIOUS HATER YOU HATING HATER!
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Why people keep reading things they don't like just to criticize every week? I see this phenomenon not just here, but everywhere I go to comment mangas and the like. Just like the otter and Nisekoi. XP
Why? Just drop it and forget it.
Pleasure isn't the only thing that brings pleasure, For some pain brings it.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pleasure isn't the only thing that brings pleasure, For some pain brings it.
I really laughed about this one. Nice!

But I'm different. I feed on despair. And despite our beloved "romance lovers" members trying soooo hard to avoid... I'll remember them:

Black Clover is first... Again... And guys this chapter was BAD... Brace yourselves for at least two more chapters (not necessarily next week) possibly in first.

I would LOVE to see it when MHA, One Piece and Haikyuu are ranked at the same time. The Despair would be unberable for some people xD
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I pretty much read Black Clover because I enjoy watching a train wreck. It has it's moments though, mainly in the comedy.
I don't even like it... I still prefer Hungry Joker... But my opinion means shit... It's first on toc and that should be enough for anyone to at least read it instead of hate it based on pure nothing.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
If you do not follow a series you don't have the right to instante your opinion and be heard.
You don't need to follow a series to have an opinion on it. 10 to 20 chapters of most manga will give you an idea of whether it's good or not. Hell, even less than that could give you an answer about Black Clover with how poorly received it was early on and even now.

I don't hate it. I just think it's bad. Do you really think it deserves this top 4? Above Haikyuu? Above the ALLMIGHTY HZ?

It most certainly do not.
No I don't think it is one of the best 4 series in Jump. I do however think it deserves to be ranked high every once in a while though because I enjoy reading it and so far it seems like the readers do too. If any of my favorite series ranked above another then I wouldn't really mind because I like each of them and feel like they deserve their own time in the spotlight. The only two special case series for me are One Piece and Hero Academia. One Piece is obviously the undisputed number one, so it shouldn't be anywhere below 2nd. Hero Academia is a special case for me because I feel like Hori deserves all the success he's getting, possible even more. This was possibly his last shot in the manga industry after 2 failures, and he really seems like he enjoys and works hard creating his manga. Although I don't enjoy the manga as much as I did before, I still feel like it should constantly contend with One Piece for the top spot.

The only thing that really annoys me is when a series like Black Clover ranks in the top 3 constantly because I just don't feel like it deserves it. It just feels half-baked in comparison to other series. The main reasons I read it because I just really enjoy battle shounen and I have some hope that it will become better as Tabata gains more experience. Like recently I've been enjoying the chapters more ever since Vanessa's mini arc. Usually the chapters not focused on Asta are just more enjoyable.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
The Death Note film looks like absolute crap. Who would have thought!
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I also think it would be pretty cool to see all the series survive. Quite disappointed though, I want more battle shonen.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
U19 feels like it's meant to be a battle shounen, it's just that the writer had no idea how to get started or pace things so there was no action in the first 3 chapters (I haven't read past that though so I don't know if the fighting's actually started yet).

Marie will probably end up being a battle shounen too if it survives cancellation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There's also Poro which is clearly setting itself up to be able to go in the battle shounen direction if necessary.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But I'm different. I feed on despair.
LOOOL, edgy man, you sound like somebody off of Danganropa
U19 feels like it's meant to be a battle shounen, it's just that the writer had no idea how to get started or pace things so there was no action in the first 3 chapters (I haven't read past that though so I don't know if the fighting's actually started yet).

Marie will probably end up being a battle shounen too if it survives cancellation.
More traditional battle shonen in a sense. I actually liked Demon's Plan and Red Sprite but it just didnt work out
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You don't need to follow a series to have an opinion on it. 10 to 20 chapters of most manga will give you an idea of whether it's good or not. Hell, even less than that could give you an answer about Black Clover with how poorly received it was early on and even now.


No I don't think it is one of the best 4 series in Jump. I do however think it deserves to be ranked high every once in a while though because I enjoy reading it and so far it seems like the readers do too. If any of my favorite series ranked above another then I wouldn't really mind because I like each of them and feel like they deserve their own time in the spotlight. The only two special case series for me are One Piece and Hero Academia. One Piece is obviously the undisputed number one, so it shouldn't be anywhere below 2nd. Hero Academia is a special case for me because I feel like Hori deserves all the success he's getting, possible even more. This was possibly his last shot in the manga industry after 2 failures, and he really seems like he enjoys and works hard creating his manga. Although I don't enjoy the manga as much as I did before, I still feel like it should constantly contend with One Piece for the top spot.

The only thing that really annoys me is when a series like Black Clover ranks in the top 3 constantly because I just don't feel like it deserves it. It just feels half-baked in comparison to other series. The main reasons I read it because I just really enjoy battle shounen and I have some hope that it will become better as Tabata gains more experience. Like recently I've been enjoying the chapters more ever since Vanessa's mini arc. Usually the chapters not focused on Asta are just more enjoyable.
That's the thing... We're not common readers (at least in my opinion) we should be able to separate what we like of what will be good ranked on toc or " what will sell". I dislike WCS and I don't think it should be on 4th but it does not mean that it's worse than other series. (hell it's at least better than Samon and Spring Weapon) I also understand that it's filling the gap in the heart of Nisekoi's widows. I said that it should be dead bottom because of my opinion, not my knowledge and I acknowledge it as a promising series to say the least... My point is... Why... Why...! Why you give credit to a series that is in 4th but not the one that proved itself over and over and over again and now beats (again) the biggest (and most awesome in my opinion) manga of all time?

Come on... It's ok to not like it... It's ok to have your opinion... But to not acknowledge is just pure HATE.

LOOOL, edgy man, you sound like somebody off of Danganropa

More traditional battle shonen in a sense. I actually liked Demon's Plan and Red Sprite but it just didnt work out
Are you up to date with Ura-chan? If not you SHOULD. That way you'll understand my new taste.
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
That reminds me, all the new 2016 series besides Spring Weapon have either found their place in the magazine or been cancelled by now. I'm curious how people would rank them, I think my ranking would be

1) Kimetsu
2) Neverland
3) Yuragi
4) Love Rush
5) Demon's Plan
6) Spring Weapon
7) Takuan and Batsu
8) Amalgam
9) Ole Golazo
10) Red Sprite

It's hard to compare Bort with the rest due to it being a naruto sequel, monthly, and it just adapting the movie so far but I guess it'd maybe be 5th or 6th if I had to put it somewhere.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
What are you on about? I and many others here have acknowledged it by saying that it's a generic and poorly written manga who's art is too good for its own story. Did you just ignore all those posts? Just because it ranks high doesn't mean much when we know that some series have the back of the editorial department for different reasons (like Hinomaru Zumou) no matter what. The only thing its "proved over and over and over again" is how small its success is in comparison to the amount of pushing it's getting. Maybe the anime will make it blow up in sales, which I doubt, but until then it's nothing to marvel at.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I see no acklowedgement dude... Just bash.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top