- Joined
- Nov 20, 2013
- Messages
- 2,545
- Reaction score
- 6,845
- Age
- 40
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Togashi likes KnY, so maybe he can put in a good word at Madhouse for it.
Why Madhouse is obliged to make just one cour? There is precedence for more cours like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, which had 2 cours. Claymore is a little bit old, but also had two cours. They had longer animes as well.I said this once and I say it again letting Madhouse animating KnY is a nail on the coffin on KnY as a franchise. Superb animation but only one cour. KnY is not a series that can go from 65k/volume to 650k/volume. Plus it's not a series that has high re-watch value (At least to me), so Bluray sales would be rock bottom.
I was the one that brought up KnY should be animate by Toei. The original intention was not about the animation, but as a business standpoint. I doubt the author care which studio adapt his/her work. More exposure to their series and increase the manga sales. Hell it might never receive an anime and forever be a 75k seller.
Did I used the opening to say "this isn't dark", nope. What I did is using the opening being the way it as a point, in my favor, of the adaptation being in the right mood and direction of dark and gritty. Like the person that was using the Color Palette being brighter, in series that aren't even meant to be dark and gritty(something that Madhouse are and they still use bright and shiny), as a testament of Toei Animation being out of touch.I dissagre about ushio to tora being gritty(yes,it have horror , bodyhorror , fucked up moment, but it was a Black/white story) but using an opening to say "this isn't dark" is stupid.
The simple fact that when the OP ends the characters and the environment around is totally different from what is shown in the OP. While in Death Parade isn't!That doesn't make sense, can you explain more why DP isn't and Narutaru is?
What I meant to say was no season 2 as half joke/half serious (the Madhouse never make season 2 meme). But I look into the history and from the post 2000 Jump line up anime that they didWhy Madhouse is obliged to make just one cour? There is precedence for more cours like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, which had 2 cours. Claymore is a little bit old, but also had two cours. They had longer animes as well.
I cannot say what is better for the series because I didn't read it so I don't know its structure, but Madhouse was not limited to one cour throughout its history so I can't see your point.
Overlord just had its second season announced to they do make second season.What I meant to say was no season 2 as half joke/half serious (the Madhouse never make season 2 meme). But I look into the history and from the post 2000 Jump line up anime that they did
Ichigo 100% 1 cour no season 2, manga was cancelled.
Neuro 2 cours no season 2,
Deathnote 3 cours no season 2.
HxH ran for 3 years.
Majority of Jump manga with no recent anime usually ended up getting the axe.
I'm not saying it's completely out of danger yet but it should survive a cancellation round or two with it's pretty high first ranking.Why is everyone assuming We Can't Learn survived already, is it really out of the danger zone (13-14 chapters)?
Oh god...Yep, peak a old series and say that is the last thing the studio did about it.
Like there isn't Mononoke and Hakaba no Kitaru and Gegege no Kitaro. You know stuff like Inuyasha went from 2000 to 2004, but what I'm talking aired in 2007 and 2008. Oh, you will talk of Inuyasha the final Act, that aired 5 years after the first series. I didn't watched it, but by your logic Sunrise probably lost their Youkai Folklore experience and quality during that rest time. Like you're assuming Toei did.
Using Devilman as the last time Toei did such a thing is ridiculous. They every decade did Gegege no Kitaro. They right now are only missing 2010s
Also is funny, you start talking of Gore and dark and gritty series and you come talking of Inuyasha? Seriously? And You use the example of Madhouse also? Really? The studio that people complain about their bright color palette, kiddy designs and inadequate mood for dark series(like their music) that ton of people complain about their series, like HxH(Is one main complain about the difference of 1999 and 2011 anime. And not only in the west but also Japan. And probably the reason many people didn't bought the disks of it), Parasyte with the totally different designs that make things more kiddy too, the brighter palette and the so DARK music(sarcasm). And Death Parade, really? The dark and gritty series that has this opening:
Yep, look at the palette of Death Parade so DARK and Gritty, ... NOPE.
And Hellsing Ultimate is not even made by Madhouse. The main studio was and is Satelight, it produced, planned and designed everything about the series. Madhouse is just a subcontracting studio that did 3 episodes, from a total of 10 episodes.
Satelight did alone the first 4 episodes(they took 3 years to be released), did you noticed the difference in color palette, designs, music, animation and other things from those 4 episodes and the other 6 ones? Nope, Why? Because all the other studios just followed Satelight guidance, and yep there are other studios other than Madhouse that cooperated in the creation of Hellsing Ultimate.
I don't know why people love to call Madhouse to the front when talking Hellsing Ultimate.
MAPPA Ushio to Tora is also a good example ... or actually NOPE! MAPPA is the exact same thing as Madhouse in terms of this, and it also has those same complains. In fact MAPPA is just Madhouse studio that was created when Maruyama bankrupted Madhouse and was expelled from it, and with that decided to create another studio.
Yep, Bones could work because ... yep ultra convicing.
Do you want stuff with a good mood for Horror Folklore? Here an example(And yep it is Toei Animation):
Gegege no Kitaro is a horror youkai story. Each episode is a horror story and so in fact is more dark than KnY. Just because it doesn't have blood all over have nothing to do with the mood. You talk like a child where gore is some kind of series maturity and darkness measurement. Oh, you have decapitations, so the story is so dark and stuff.Oh god...
Gegege no Kitaro isn't like KnY in terms of violence. Not a lot of dark colors used either. You actually provided a worse example, Devilman had decapitations and was dark with it's coloring. Using appeal to popularity isn't helping your example with Madhouse; who cares what a lot of people say. That's like if I said Toei is garbage because a lot of people dislikes their animes; bad argument, yes? We don't know why the 2011 anime didn't do incredibly well but it did pretty good. So pointing at some complaints you found in like amazon reviews or forums doesn't generalize the complaints. The 2011 anime did well; it had some censorships but the coloring got dark when it needed to and far exceeded 1999 anime. For example with Hisoka's bloodlust was portrayed amazing
![]()
There were many moments a lot like this. You know, when HxH aired pretty early and got even better with the Chimera Ant arc at the late time slot. The 1999 did use it's colors better overall than the 2011 at times but it also censored a lot more than the 2011 anime. See full comparison because I'm seriously not going to post examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHun...rship_in_the_1999_anime_vs_censorship_in_the/
I know that about MAPPA but it was able to use appropriate colors to set the mood and ofc the more light hearted/comedic moments too. Which is something KnY has as well.
Did you seriously just post that Death Parade OP as a rebuttal? No, the darker coloring did set the mood well for Death Parade. It's obviously not so evident in the opening but it did have it in the anime. It never felt like a kids show. Parasyte was dark and definitely didn't censor so much. Never felt childish so I don't know what you're on about. Do I have to show examples now?
Asura was probably the only good example. Last time I checked it was a movie. So it's not relevantly similar and doesn't support your conclusion in Toei adapting KnY into a TV series. Do you really think Toei would do that for a full blown TV series and especially one that's part of WSJ? I don't think so. It'll most definitely get an early timeslot and then what? Mass censorship and vibrant colors everywhere, yay! Let's not forget they'll get to a point where the pacing will be piss poor like with OP/WT. (assuming it does well/decent)
asm:


Yeah, also her voice actress is super b . Her and Todoroki amazed me when i heard their VA cast, they got far better VA cast than i had imagined for their roles.Tsuyu is the greatest gift from Horikoshi.
Seeing Izuku animated with that costume and full cowl is super weird since we haven't gotten to that yet.My Hero Academia OAD PV :
It WILL return. Better sooner than later though else WT gonna become a monthly manga in another magazine at this rate...All this and Kimetsu no Yaiba haven't even got an anime announcement yet. What are you guys gonna do when it gets?
All this conversation about Toei reminded me of World Trigger. Do you guys think it will ever return or it will be cancelled?