Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Why's Arby's twitter promoting Boku no Hero Academia anime LOL

 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I instantly loved this ending song. Its so simplistic yet so catchy at the same time. I never skipped it for any of season 3's episodes.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait, Gon is insane?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Wait, Gon is insane?
Yes, it's been stated multiple times and implied endlessly.
First time I can remember was Nobunaga commenting on it when they were being held by the Spiders at their hideout.

Gon has a very grey sense of morality. He's basically a young Hisoka.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Orange Range need to comeback for Black Clover opening.


Happy People was a good ED for Bleach.
Yeah... I head the band disbanded (:V) is that right?

Speaking of Bleach's 13th OP, I think SID would make for a good artist for MHA S3's second half.
I like pretty much all aqua timez songs as well.

If we start quoting Gintama parodies there will be no place for anything else.

People still trying his best to make MHA relevant... Give up dude.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Clearly HxH isn't a series for you then.
Yes a series that I've been reading for 15 years is just isn't for me.

Not really going to go into a discussion in regards to what constitutes a deconstruction or not but Togashi has had tonal shifts and mixing genres with his works since YYH which has nothing to do with subversion but his own tastes.
elsewhere. And it doesn't always work out for the best just because the 2011 was tonally inconsistent doesn't mean that it was intentional.
You're literally praising the 1999 anime for taking something unique and making it generic
Nah I'm praising it for doing a good job sticking with one tone than trying to juggle several of them. If anything the 2011 is more generic for playing it straight than trying to find one for itself.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I instantly loved this ending song. Its so simplistic yet so catchy at the same time. I never skipped it for any of season 3's episodes.
It's the Japanese version of Bruno Mars' Lazy song.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For the guys that liked the HQ ending... I recommend te wo tatake from the same band (nico touches the walls)


They were also responsible for hologram (FMA), one of shippuuden endings etc etc.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
No its just among of the many fan theories that gets pushed around ever since the Chimera Ant arc
Alright buddy, maybe you should reread the series with a little more attention next time.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
What's the worst anime adaptation of WSJ series?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alright buddy, maybe you should reread the series with a little more attention next time.
You're gonna need a better argument than that sport
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What's the worst anime adaptation of WSJ series?
Neuro. Completely missed the point of the manga's tone, had terrible animation quality and art as well.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
As the current Editor in Chief I have some juicy news for you guys

Black Clover Anime is in the work (pretend you guys don't know this and get excited).

One Piece is on a hiatus on issue #19 (pretend you guys don't know this and get sad).

Hunter x Hunter is coming back on issue #22 with a cover page. April's Fool

Nobody like my April's Fool Joke :(? I thought long and hard for it (just like hiatus x hiatus) :derp
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Speaking of HxH, Oda mentioned Togashi in interview (credit to sandman from ArlongPark forums)

Oda is gonna be responsible for a judge for new manga award (1st round).
He made a comment for those who wanna become a mangaka;

"I still remember that Yoshihiro Togashi-sensei gave me a monthly manga award 24 years ago. And Toagshi-sensei kindly remembers it as well.

I mean, let's build a similar relationship with me! Let me be proud of you, like "I gave an award to this mangaka!" when you become a mangaka in the future.

I'll see through your manga talent. Feel free to send me your manga!"
>Oda and Togashi will never give you any awards and they will never have any kinda of relationship with you

why even live?

What's the worst anime adaptation of WSJ series?
Black Cat
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Black Cat
You think is bad? The anime is better. It cut down most of the unnecessary shit from the manga, and Sven, Eve and Rinslet, who had so little personality have more ersonality in animation. Granted it´s a mediocre action series, but it´s better.

I feel like I wasted much time by reading those 20 volumes, only to find out how uninspiring and boring the manga was. Good thing it wasn´t famous. I compare it to Suicide Squad: had the potential to be good, but it wasted it.

"Neuro. Completely missed the point of the manga's tone, had terrible animation quality and art as well."

I only got to see 4 episodes, but I´m planning to watch it in May. It had the right amount of creepiness and dark humour, and the visuals were creepy as well. I don´t remember the animation, but from what I saw it was good.
 
Last edited:

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't followed Hunter X Hunter since chapter 340( aka the ending of the series for me and a good one at that). I refuse to wait years for a volume of content then repeat the process.

Anyway who are you guys favourite artists that make anime opening songs. Mine are Nico touches the walls, Asian kung fu generation, Spyair, Flow and Aqua Timez.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top