Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I dunno, it seems extremely plausible that Bleach could get another anime. It was/is a very popular franchise. Far more unlikely things have happened. Hedging bets against it is strange.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
How come the moderators don´t erase people coming to force opinions on other like GIA? We can´t have toxic discussion like those he starts. There has to be moderation here. I understand he has his opinions about any manga here, but he´s forcing his opinon on us. If we don´t agree with him that Ungry Marie is good, or the rookies are going to be cancelled, we are stupid apparently. We´re stating our opinions. There should be more ethic here please.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How come the moderators don´t erase people coming to force opinions on other like GIA? We can´t have toxic discussion like those he starts. There has to be moderation here. I understand he has his opinions about any manga here, but he´s forcing his opinon on us. If we don´t agree with him that Ungry Marie is good, or the rookies are going to be cancelled, we are stupid apparently. We´re stating our opinions. There should be more ethic here please.
You don't need to agree dude and it does not matter. It will receive a color page before it's even ranked.

(I can't remember of this... What was the last time this happened?)

And it does not matter if I want or not the rookies to be canceled (they are being canceled anyway XD)
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How come the moderators don´t erase people coming to force opinions on other like GIA? We can´t have toxic discussion like those he starts. There has to be moderation here. I understand he has his opinions about any manga here, but he´s forcing his opinon on us. If we don´t agree with him that Ungry Marie is good, or the rookies are going to be cancelled, we are stupid apparently. We´re stating our opinions. There should be more ethic here please.
If it gets to actual insults then I do, otherwise just remember that (sadly) having shit taste isn't against the rules.
Also it's usually really late for me when the ToC comes out so I tend to just be asleep when there's a ton of discussion.

That said, consider this a PSA to everyone, not naming names but even I have my limits and at some point if I see enough crap I don't like when I wake up then I'm just going to skip deletion and go straight to reporting people to someone with significantly more power than I have.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If it gets to actual insults then I do, otherwise just remember that (sadly) having shit taste isn't against the rules.
Also it's usually really late for me when the ToC comes out so I tend to just be asleep when there's a ton of discussion.
To consider others to have a bad taste could also be a bad taste...

To me you guys are just upset because I was plain right xD
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
You don't need to agree dude and it does not matter. It will receive a color page before it's even ranked.

(I can't remember of this... What was the last time this happened?)
Last year with Yuragi. It received a colour page in chapter 7.

edit Also, Kimetsu no Yaiba, colour page in chapter 7
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I dunno, it seems extremely plausible that Bleach could get another anime. It was/is a very popular
franchise. Far more unlikely things have happened. Hedging bets against it is strange.
Indeed but the shitstorm will be immeasurable.

Last year with Yuragi. It received a colour page in chapter 7.
Thank you (I ALWAYS laugh mixing your info with koro avatar HAHA)

So not canceled it is. Come on guys. Venerate veterans already... It's simple.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm quite disappointed in this batch of new series honestly, I dont think any of them stand out significantly aside from Dr. Stones art by Boichi, but even with its great art, the story is lacking so far imo with any good and interesting progression. I might be the only person here feeling like this but it's just how I'm feeling. I do think that the most successful series out of this bunch will be RxL.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm quite disappointed in this batch of new series honestly, I dont think any of them stand out significantly aside from Dr. Stones art by Boichi, but even with its great art, the story is lacking so far imo with any good and interesting progression. I might be the only person here feeling like this but it's just how I'm feeling. I do think that the most successful series out of this bunch will be RxL.
Actually I agree with you. Even Black Clover stands out more than all the 6 series. It's a shame to see JUMP trying so hard to innovate and failing.

But this is what we have so... Venerate veterans it is.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To consider others to have a bad taste could also be a bad taste...

To me you guys are just upset because I was plain right xD
I'm aware everyone think their opinions are right, but come on, you're trying to argue you have outstanding taste in a thread about Jump here. The difference is I just don't say what I think about other people, you might want to try that.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually I agree with you. Even Black Clover stands out more than all the 6 series. It's a shame to see JUMP trying so hard to innovate and failing.

But this is what we have so... Venerate veterans it is.
Black Clover had great art on top of at least some good world building and an interesting setting. So I could understand why people who find the manga interesting. Nothing like that jumps out among these new starts.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Well Poro is likely another flop I guess. Not really surprising, the series itself just felt kinda empty.
Also interesting Marie gets a colour page on its first ranking (pushing back its ranking by a week). Its actually happened quite a bit before and doesnt necessarily mean anything though.
Can we expect a Yaiba cover after HQ?
HZ with the color page, how's the final match so far? the last battle yet?
Colours dont really mean anything for HZ, it just gets them every few chapters regardless. The 2nd of the 5matches in the final just ended. Although the mangaka has set up a short final arc after that, whether it gets there or not is another story. Pacing is slow af right now though :/.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm aware everyone think their opinions are right, but come on, you're trying to argue you have outstanding taste in a thread about Jump here. The difference is I just don't say what I think about other people, you might want to try that.
But I never said what I actually think about other people, only their comments and preferences... That makes a forum, a forum... And I also never said my opinions are right... But (so far) I tend to be right toc-wise =)

Nvm... Yes, KnY should receive a cover.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Seeing SP#1 above KnY triggers me way more than it should

Poro flopping is disheartening, I didn't really like it but I don't mind it either
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I'm quite disappointed in this batch of new series honestly, I dont think any of them stand out significantly aside from Dr. Stones art by Boichi, but even with its great art, the story is lacking so far imo with any good and interesting progression. I might be the only person here feeling like this but it's just how I'm feeling. I do think that the most successful series out of this bunch will be RxL.
Actually I agree with you. Even Black Clover stands out more than all the 6 series. It's a shame to see JUMP trying so hard to innovate and failing.
Honestly I have to agree. BCs start, as much of a copy as it was, was more solid than anything here (besides maybe RxL). Dr Stone had an amazing premise with great potential and has so far fallen completely flat, and the events since the second chapter havent been interesting. At this point I have to say I actually prefer Marie over it, and even WNL... RxL is by far the most solid of this batch though. Its had a relatively slow start, but chapter 3 started hyping it up and im really looking forward to ch 4.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Why would Jump torture themselves by placing SW1 so high?
How are they torturing themselves?
If it isn't getting votes then it wouldn't be here.

Also... I'm already predicting Dr. Stone in third. It won't be first because we will have Black Clover and One Piece.

I'm also hoping MHA to be out of top 5. It would be a dream.
Dr.Stone can be first, One Piece could get a color page, Black Clover's chapter wasn't good enough and don't forget Academia was absent that week.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Huh, Poro in the bottom was expect for me. Another good position for Neverland, with is great.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since I started to read in Japanese I'm immersing myself more and more in the unknown and it has been good... With this round I'm starting to think that I'm too underground for Jump... There are a lot of good reasons to read things nobody knows and one of them is if nobody knows, nobody will be bickering about that. XD
It's like drink a refreshing juice in a dessert island.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How are they torturing themselves?
If it isn't getting votes then it wouldn't be here.


Dr.Stone can be first, One Piece could get a color page, Black Clover's chapter wasn't good enough and don't forget Academia was absent that week.
It can't sell volumes, brah. I've seen stuff from comics Xenon sell higher. It doesn't belong in Jump. And Shueisha needs to not fall for the allure of apathy or the charm of complacency. It's time to make some money.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Decent ranks for series I like and a Neverland color page next week. Pretty good.
Hungry Marie getting a color page early probably means it's doing well in reception or Jump is promoting the veterans a bit.
There's a double issue coming up soon so Kimetsu might not get it's 1st anniversary color pages until after that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top