Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Any raws for the cycling one shot? Peaked my interest too
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I wasn't comparing anything. Though it doesn't matter since the "remastered" series got better ratings than the new one.

Time Bokan, Space Brothers, and Ace Attorney did not average 6, infact they barely scrapped by 3-4%


Ultimate Otaku averaged 2-3% and only a few episodes got a 3% tally despite its 6.7% start (which was because of Magic Kaito). So Case Files S1 and Magic Kaito were the only shows that got a 6% in ratings while everything else was between a 3-4%. Funny thing about Space Brothers is that it had lower premiere ratings than MHA yet here you are saying it did very good. Make up your mind.

People who post weekly rating updates and know more about that shit than me or you. Kai not doing well isn't really something people can deny at this point. It got canned despite having an average rating of 9.4%, Toriko got canned despite having an average rating of 6.2% nowadays shows outside of Sazae-san and Shin-chan dream of getting those ratings and even they have fallen off themselves.
It shows that you dont know what you're talking about when is noticeable that you think Space Brothers always aired in that timeslot. It only starter in that timeslot by around episode 52. What is 1st episode did rating wise means nothing here, just Luke the 1st episode of MHA Aldo doesnt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not in the way you think mate. I knoow you hate BHA but chill men. Get some wasabi.
LOL, I hate MHA? That is news, even for me.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Robo is too OP, the games won't be fun if the author plans to continue like this. Kuroko was a better main character imo, at least he let his side characters shine.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It shows that you dont know what you're talking about when is noticeable that you think Space Brothers always aired in that timeslot. It only starter in that timeslot by around episode 52. What is 1st episode did rating wise means nothing here, just Luke the 1st episode of MHA Aldo doesnt.
Even if you were right (you're not btw) it doesn't matter since the ratings didn't rise above 3-4% average
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, do you know one of the people that posted weekly rating updates? Me!
Honey there's lots of people who posts weekly ratings updates and you are neither the most well-known or even the most proficient one so don't flatter yourself and I'll seldom trust anyone's word who believes that Nichigo was a highly rated timeslot with the highest show average was a 4%.but we'll see what crap you spout during MHA run on NTV.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Robo is too OP, the games won't be fun if the author plans to continue like this. Kuroko was a better main character imo, at least he let his side characters shine.
If he becomes the Saitama of Golf, it could be very fun to watch while the side characters might still shine. I have a feeling Roboto will lose this match with the next two holes lost by one or several balls each. Maybe actually losing might make him want to get better at Golf to not lose again?
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Even if you were right 2(you're not btw) it doesn't matter since the ratings didn't rise above 3-4% average
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Honey there's lots of people who posts weekly ratings updates and you are neither the most well-known or even the most proficient one so don't flatter yourself and I'll seldom trust anyone's word who believes that Nichigo was a highly rated timeslot with the highest show average was a 4%.but we'll see what crap you spout during MHA run on NTV.
Sweetheart, what with the evasion tactics, can't you even keep a consistent train of thought?
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Hori just do the same thing Tabata did in this chapter of MHA and the difference is pretty big. Maybe Tabata need to learn some writing lesson to Horikoshi.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
MHA's chapter this week, to me, felt slower paced then it needed to be. It was a good chapter just slow paced.

Dr. Stone this chapter show that the author is making this series with nothing but a bunch of big reveals and very little actual story telling. I'll give this series until it's ranked and depending on how well it's first ranking is will be if I drop it.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Yeah, I think I'm done with Dr. Stone to be honest. It's not really compelling me to read anymore. I don't think it's bad, but I'm so disinterested in the situation.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sweetheart, what with the evasion tactics, can't you even keep a consistent train of thought?
As much as you can't stop lying about everything because you're clueless about how things work and don't want to admit it. There's a difference between getting stuff off of 2ch and claiming you know what you're talking about and actually...well....knowing what you're talking about.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, I think I'm done with Dr. Stone to be honest. It's not really compelling me to read anymore. I don't think it's bad, but I'm so disinterested in the situation.
I've kinda fallen off the Dr. Stone bandwagon myself. Maybe its just one of those series you have to wait and see how things develop where the setting finds some sort of ground before you invest in it much like YYH. At this point I'm just waiting to see how readers respond to it. RxL has been a pleasant surprise though, I'm still very much engaged with it.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay, this "discussion" (and let's be honest, it's generous to even call it that) on ratings is either going to continue somewhere else or be deleted. It's not even remotely on topic anymore.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Dr Stone is losing steam fast. RxL is gaining it fast.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States

Didn't even know he's an anime fan lol I like his music, he got really popular in 2015-2016. OP getting dropped from Toonami still is surprising, but I have heard before Tokyo Ghoul is really popular in the west, guess it's true
 

Kefka

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
115
Reaction score
59
Country
Brazil
I've been here for a while, but never saw this thread. I like it, and will try to participate more.

To be honest, I didn't even get past the first chapter of Dr. Stone. I mean, the dude kept his consciousness for... how many years, again? I don't really remember. Anyway he kept it for all this time because of that girl we know literally nothing about? It felt kinda forced to me, as did Mr. Know-it-all. I feel like the author could've spent the first chapters flashing out the characters' relationship for me as the reader to sort of connect to them.

The premise of everyone turning into stone was interesting, but the way it, and the characters, were presented, not so much.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Did Shokugeki changed pace? It seems that it went back to cooking business
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
MHA's chapter this week, to me, felt slower paced then it needed to be. It was a good chapter just slow paced.

Dr. Stone this chapter show that the author is making this series with nothing but a bunch of big reveals and very little actual story telling. I'll give this series until it's ranked and depending on how well it's first ranking is will be if I drop it.
Funny enough, a main complaint (if you could call it that) of MHA is that it's too fast sometimes. I don't mind going at a slower pace as long as Horikoshi plans it out well enough.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Funny enough, a main complaint (if you could call it that) of MHA is that it's too fast sometimes. I don't mind going at a slower pace as long as Horikoshi plans it out well enough.
I didn't really find the pace it use to go as a bad thing here recently though I have a bit of a problem with, this series to me isn't suited for slow pacing.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yup and it's been rising in the rankings as a result now that it seems like Azami and his bs shenanigans are over. We are in the first stage of the final battle it seems.

On the topic of Dr. Stone, it definitely was one of the bigger let downs of the 6 new series. Study-koi and Robot were pleasant surprises, and the one I had the most hope for turned out to be really disappointing. Inagaki should have tried writing a battle shounen series with science elements like I believe Hungry Joker was trying to be. I'll still continue to read it because I'm not losing much by doing so, but I won't miss it if it's axed. Hungry Marie is in the same boat as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top