Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Is this the view of Japan audience or just us, because all that matters is how people in Japan react to it.

There are other veterans in this batch beside Tamura who have even more notable work than his, so I doubt he is getting a special treatment, if Hungry Marie doing well, it just means people like it.
A mix of both. Only basing Japan opinion on what I've heard ppl say 2chan users are saying though.
I'm not saying Jump is giving Tamura special treatment. I'm saying the reason Hungry Marie has such a following(at least here), is because of Tamura's fanbase. Then went on to say that either way it seems to be doing well in Japan, since it's recieving a color page.

Would also like to clarify that I'm not saying We Never Learn will DEFINITELY survive. I'm just saying in the batch it seems like it has the best shot so far, based on its ranking and overall reception
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I hope Shimabu's one shot doesn't disappoint. His previous one (the one with the gods) was meh. It was too bizarre for my liking.

Is Kuromori Climb one shot translated?
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Has anyone read the mountain bike one shot yet?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why do Naruto games always 10 times better than One Piece games -.-. The only One Piece Game that I think is good is One Piece Treasure Cruise on mobile. The console/PC version is vastly inferior to Naruto Storm.
The Grand Battle series! How can you forget? Also the Unlimited series is pretty solid and if you like Musou games the Kaizou Muzou games are pretty fun.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The Grand Battle series! How can you forget? Also the Unlimited series is pretty solid and if you like Musou games the Kaizou Muzou games are pretty fun.
Haven't play Grand Battle. Unlimited Red is a original story, I didn't like the gameplay. I am a Musou fans (played 4,5,6,7,8 of Dynasty Warrior + spin off)

Kaizou Musou 1 has 20 characters -.-, 2 is original story, didn't enjoy 2 so I haven't play 3. Burning Blood has similar fighting mechanic to J-Star Victory which I absolutely hate. It feels very clunky. Also only ~40 something characters and too many supports which should have been playable characters. I'm willing to give it a pass since it's the first game in the series. Again, BB should have been a RPG game instead of a fighting game since Spike Chunsoft specialized in RPG games.

I'm only talking about US licensing game so I can't comment on something I haven't play. Super Grand Battle X looks fun but of course it is not license The best One Piece game (imo) is One Piece Treasure Cruise on mobile.

Compare to Naruto. I've play and enjoyed Ninja Council 1/2 (Game Boy Advance), Akatsuki Rising (PSP), Ultimate Ninja Storm Series.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does anybody know which volume of Black Clover will contain the bundle with the OVA?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anybody know which volume of Black Clover will contain the bundle with the OVA?
It's being released with volume 11
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thank you. Then only on May 2.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just said Ravus because he's the most recent one

anyone else noticed how Bleach's fanatics are being extra annoying lately

RxL first chapter = mc look like Ichigo (he really doesn't)
Black Torch first volume is out = support new Bleach
Boku no Hero Academia first episode = OMG! Bleach ending ripoff (Bleach invented girls-only music videos)
Boruto first episode = OMG! Bleach opening ripoff (Bleach invented people walking and jumping)
Naruto new game = OMG dis means new game for Bleach is in da work (not even the same company)

give it a rest would yah?

who am I kidding? Kubo's Giga interview coming out later this months, that will rejuvenate them and give them enough material to talk about and overthink for years
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just said Ravus because he's the most recent one

anyone else noticed how Bleach's fanatics are being extra annoying lately

RxL first chapter = mc look like Ichigo (he really doesn't)
Black Torch first volume is out = support new Bleach
Boku no Hero Academia first episode = OMG! Bleach ending ripoff (Bleach invented girls-only music videos)
Boruto first episode = OMG! Bleach opening ripoff (Bleach invented people walking and jumping)
Naruto new game = OMG dis means new game for Bleach is in da work (not even the same company)

give it a rest would yah?

who am I kidding? Kubo's Giga interview coming out later this months, that will rejuvenate them and give them enough material to talk about and overthink for years
It's been almost a year since it ended they really need to move on already and find something new to obsess over because the rest of the manga/anime community is tired of hearing them complain/whine about it.:-_-
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People are missing out if they are focusing on the Boruto OP. That show will make you believe in anime again.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I had a lot of fun with Unlimited Adventure for Wii when it came out in the US.
The Gigant Games play most like Ultimate Stars for DS which means kind of like Smash Bros so that's greay.
The platformer for GBA was fun.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
No one gonna talk about the RxL chapter? Anyway, it seems like the pace has slowed down some, maybe because its golf or maybe because fujimaki knows the fujos will support him (hehe more like FUJOmaki amirite up top). Makes me wonder how the pacing in each chapter will be. I'm guessing it will be 2- 3 turns per player each chapter, but with how little action golf has, Fujomaki will have to make it work somehow. Judging by the first 4 chapters I have high hopes that he will be able to handle it.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haven't play Grand Battle. Unlimited Red is a original story, I didn't like the gameplay. I am a Musou fans (played 4,5,6,7,8 of Dynasty Warrior + spin off)
Grand Battle is a lot like Power Stone the first two installments were on the PSOne but the last two installments were on the PS2 and GC which were released in the US as Grand Adventure. The Grand Battle series has the best gameplay of any OP game in terms of solid controls and better fun to play next to the Gigant Battle series made by the same people who made Jump Super and Ultimate Stars and they're essentially the same minus the koma system which is replaced with a regular support one. Super Grand Battle X is pretty much and amalgamation of both series using Grand Battle's presentation and mechanics and fusing them with Gigant Battle.

Compare to Naruto. I've play and enjoyed Ninja Council 1/2 (Game Boy Advance), Akatsuki Rising (PSP), Ultimate Ninja Storm Series.
I pretty much fell out of CyberConnect Naruto games with the second Storm game because after that they essential became interactive movies once battles became nothing more than who can get the other to Kawamiri 3 times and then a full bar single combo to end the match. The Ultimate Ninja series were the best Naruto games and they reached their peak with the third installment everything else never really had the same amount of quality put into them and weren't nearly as fun, they were the games that introduced me to modding and importing games so they're more significant to me.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
No one gonna talk about the RxL chapter? Anyway, it seems like the pace has slowed down some, maybe because its golf or maybe because fujimaki knows the fujos will support him (hehe more like FUJOmaki amirite up top). Makes me wonder how the pacing in each chapter will be. I'm guessing it will be 2- 3 turns per player each chapter, but with how little action golf has, Fujomaki will have to make it work somehow. Judging by the first 4 chapters I have high hopes that he will be able to handle it.
A part of me actually thinks Fujimaki is bullshitting this serialization. The MC is wayyy too OP from the get-go whereas his previous one wasn't, which was really interesting to follow. Fujimaki has a pretty solid idea on the ground, but my question is, how he'll keep things interesting with such an OP character. If he follows the OPM route, it could either work or just plain crash and burn.

I feel like he was pushed by his editor for another sports manga to keep the Fujos around, whereas with his Archer one-shot, I felt he was really trying to go for an adventure series. The only other adventure series in the magazine is OP, but I certainly wouldn't mind to see another one in the magazine.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Don't think so, he said in a interview he want to do a golf manga(the same that togashi say to him to do 'a saga in kuroko about evil gaijin vs gen of miracles' in a future).
Still thinking Hungry Mary is the best of the round, I couldn't finish the first chapter of WNL,RxL or Poro and U19 is....well the author still very green
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A part of me actually thinks Fujimaki is bullshitting this serialization. The MC is wayyy too OP from the get-go whereas his previous one wasn't, which was really interesting to follow. Fujimaki has a pretty solid idea on the ground, but my question is, how he'll keep things interesting with such an OP character. If he follows the OPM route, it could either work or just plain crash and burn.

I feel like he was pushed by his editor for another sports manga to keep the Fujos around, whereas with his Archer one-shot, I felt he was really trying to go for an adventure series. The only other adventure series in the magazine is OP, but I certainly wouldn't mind to see another one in the magazine.
The only one is OP? And Black Clover? We had Dungeons, cities, snow mountain, water temple, forest... To me is a adventure series.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top