Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Loved BNHA episode 2. Todoroki was awesome.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
great anime episodes
great manga chapter
great ova
great chapter from Illegal spinoff

this have been an amazing week for bnha fans

waiting a week for new material gonna suck extra hard since we got spoiled this week
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
You can easily tell just how much better production is going compared to S1. I think this was the best episode of the anime yet.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Bha show again why is the best franchise is japan right now. Btw the manga is selling even better now. I expect it to be the secend best selling manga this year. Maybe even firs.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not sure if people should be happy or worried from Viz's curse
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I honestly have no idea how it will fair. I don't like it, but casual readers seem to enjoy it. Then again, Red Sprite was also liked.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
July Volume Releases:
Gintama #69
Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars) #25
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K #22
Isobe Isobee Monogatari #14
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #6
The Promised Neverland #4
Spring Weapon No. 1 #3
Dr. STONE #1
Hungry Marie #1
ROBOT×LASERBEAM #1
Which are the current numbers of SW#1 Vol 2? They clearly want a gag manga for when Gintama ends
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Confused as to why they're adding Dr.Stone and not We Never Learn. And I like Dr.Stone. We Never Learn just seems like it's the safer choice since it's doing well so far and we have no clue how Dr.Stone is doing.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
You can easily tell just how much better production is going compared to S1. I think this was the best episode of the anime yet.
*nitpicks* if only they could get rid of that horrid dimming effect...... I mean, I get why this rule came about, but I really do have to ask, shouldn't technology have advanced enough by now that there shouldn't be any repeat of that pokemon seizure incident?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
*nitpicks* if only they could get rid of that horrid dimming effect...... I mean, I get why this rule came about, but I really do have to ask, shouldn't technology have advanced enough by now that there shouldn't be any repeat of that pokemon seizure incident?
It's annoying but I didn't think the dimming was too bad in this episode. I'm sure it'll probably get more intrusive when we get more into the action, but I've accepted it. That Yutaka Nakamura cut though.
 
Last edited:

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
Confused as to why they're adding Dr.Stone and not We Never Learn. And I like Dr.Stone. We Never Learn just seems like it's the safer choice since it's doing well so far and we have no clue how Dr.Stone is doing.
Viz logic.

I don't know, but they seems to have an ability that always want to pick-up any series that scream cancel miles away.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Viz (this time) logic - let's serialize a pair of two VETERAN (battle shounen/seinen) mangaka instead of a "newcomer" with a romcom.

Makes perfectly sense to me :D
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Viz logic.

I don't know, but they seems to have an ability that always want to pick-up any series that scream cancel miles away.
"scream cancel" looool
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I still feel like the MHA anime is paced too slow. While Ep 2 was good and had some great animation, too much time was unnecessarily spent imo. The episode covered exactly 2 chapters, which is essentially the same pacing as S1.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
The episode covered exactly 2 chapters, which is essentially the same pacing as S1.
It covered 2 chapters and an Omake if you wanna get technical, but I don't agree that it's the same pacing as S1. Every chapter is a different length, as in, some have more dialogue. S1 was filled to the brim the flashbacks which slowed the pace right down to a crawl. I thought this episode was adapted as efficiently as can be in all honesty. I actually liked that they fleshed out the training a bit.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It covered 2 chapters and an Omake if you wanna get technical, but I don't agree that it's the same pacing as S1. Every chapter is a different length, as in, some have more dialogue. S1 was filled to the brim the flashbacks which slowed the pace right down to a crawl. I thought this episode was adapted as efficiently as can be in all honesty. I actually liked that they fleshed out the training a bit.
The one issue I had with this episode was the unnecessary recap of what happened last episode I could've done without that other then that it was pretty good.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If they keep recaping stuff like that, there will be no Stain and the shitstorm will be BEAUTIFUL to see haha.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
great anime episodes
great manga chapter
great ova
great chapter from Illegal spinoff

this have been an amazing week for bnha fans

waiting a week for new material gonna suck extra hard since we got spoiled this week
Illegals got better? The first chapter was really myopic, for me.

And Viz realized, and took down that Sr. Stone page.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Confused as to why they're adding Dr.Stone and not We Never Learn. And I like Dr.Stone. We Never Learn just seems like it's the safer choice since it's doing well so far and we have no clue how Dr.Stone is doing.
Because "We Never Learn" is a romance, period. This forum is an image of what the Occident thinks about romcom. Nisekoi publication was one in a lifetime occurrence.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I will assume that VIZ thinks logically here, which can be very dangerous, so maybe I'm completely wrong. XD
It doesn't make any sense to start a series with less chapters before one with more chapters if they have the intention to start the latter, based on this we can cross out not only We Never Learn but also U19, Hungry Marie and Poro.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top