Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
MHA is out of the Top 10 TV Animation Ranking this week.
サザエさん フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 18:30 - 30 10.4
ちびまる子ちゃん フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 18:00 - 30 7.5
ドラえもん テレビ朝日 '17/04/21(金) 19:00 - 30 7.2
ワンピース フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 9:30 - 30 7.2 (One Piece)
クレヨンしんちゃん テレビ朝日 '17/04/21(金) 19:30 - 24 7.0
名探偵コナン 日本テレビ '17/04/22(土) 18:00 - 30 6.7 (Detective Conan)
ドラゴンボール超 フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 9:00 - 30 5.5 (Dragon Ball Super)
ポケットモンスターサン&ムーン テレビ東京 '17/04/20(木) 18:55 - 30 3.8 (Pokemon)
妖怪ウォッチ テレビ東京 '17/04/21(金) 18:25 - 30 3.5 (Yokai Watch)
アニメひつじのショーン NHKEテレ '17/04/22(土) 9:00 - 20 3.3 (Shaun the Sheep)

Episode 4 went down by around 0.6% at least from its 3.9% rating last week from Ep. 3.
One Piece went up by 1.3% from 5.9, and DBS went up by 0.5% from 5.0.
Well that's a bummer
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uraraka looks like big forehead Noelle.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
My Hero Academia by Yuuki Tabata:
Yuck. Deku looks like your disgusting generic MC. Todoroki is Yuuno, Bakugou is one of the many despair villains, and Uraraka has to be one of the most ugly female characters ever...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I honestly don't think Bakugou and Izuku look too bad. Todoroki definitely just looks like Yuno with a wig, that's fine though. My god though, Uraraka looks terrible
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The same face syndrome is real :gwah.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I don't think any of the boys look too bad. Though I can still see similar facial structure between the characters. They are still recognizable even with the different style. Though if I didn't know it was supposed to be Uraraka on the right I would've assumed that it was a different character.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm traumatized forever... The only thing worse than Uraraka was Erina drawn by Isobe author, man...
You can find much better drawings in Pixiv.
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy


Jump Giga 2017 Vol.02 (26/05):
Lead CP: Puzzle Juggle by Shinkai Hideo (50 pg.)「Author of Soul Catcher(S)」
CP: Ichigo 100% East Side Story, TaoTao by Naba Fusai (47 pg.)「Author of Kung Fu Master, Urushi」
Bangaihen: Haikyuu!!×Let's! Haikyu!?, Samon-kun wa Summoner, Yakusoku no Neverland
Poster: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Samon-kun wa Summoner

Jump Giga 2017 Vol.03:
Interview: Tite Kubo × Yusei Matsui
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I honestly don't think the MHA cover is bad at all. Even Uraraka. It's just a matter of whether you like his art style or not
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia


Jump Giga 2017 Vol.02 (26/05):
Lead CP: Puzzle Juggle by Shinkai Hideo (50 pg.)「Author of Soul Catcher(S)」
CP: Ichigo 100% East Side Story, TaoTao by Naba Fusai (47 pg.)「Author of Kung Fu Master, Urushi」
Bangaihen: Haikyuu!!×Let's! Haikyu!?, Samon-kun wa Summoner, Yakusoku no Neverland
Poster: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Samon-kun wa Summoner

Jump Giga 2017 Vol.03:
Interview: Tite Kubo × Yusei Matsui
Two Samon things. Maybe it wont be ending soon then? Otherwise thered be no reason for it.

Also, the interview between Matsui and Kubo should nice.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I read yesterday the first 8 chapters of Kimetsu no Yaiba and I don't know if it's pace is too fast or too slow. I wanted to see more of the final selection, or the training in the misty mountain, but at the same time, it doesn't happen much in this first volume.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I honestly don't think the MHA cover is bad at all. Even Uraraka. It's just a matter of whether you like his art style or not
The style of Horikoshi's female characters don't translate well into other mangakas style. Horikoshi has a cast of women in his manga, who have a diverse range of designs. It seems like it, as if Tabata is one of the mangaka who have problems designing women, meaning, he is probably at his limits, when re-creating them in his own style. I guess, the only reason he chose Uraraka was because she looks rather normal compared to characters like Tsuyu or Jirou.
Overall, I wouldnt blame Tabata style for this, especially, because the intention of this whole thing was to re-create the others maincharacters with his own style, and not to copy-paste them. In the end, I would rather praise Horikoshi in this case.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yeah I agree with what Mawara said. Deku and the dudes look fine, Ochako looks terrible though
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Wow, Deku came out better than I expected, even kept the roundness in his eyes. That Todoroki and Bakugo though... Well it's pretty much like I expected. Ochako is still terrible though.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ochako looks like Noelle's cousin whatever her name was

Kung Fu Master dude just changed the name of his oneshot and called it a new oneshot

 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
The 2016 yearly franchises sales rankings were released.


One piece is back on top from its #2 place in 2015. Haikyuu is in the top 5 at number 5 and Assclass is in at #8. Heroaca is in at #19 behind Taizai by a slight margin (just like the yearly comic rankings). The second column shows the total revenue in millions of yen.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Damn Kingdom is so high. Really needs a new anime.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The style of Horikoshi's female characters don't translate well into other mangakas style. Horikoshi has a cast of women in his manga, who have a diverse range of designs. It seems like it, as if Tabata is one of the mangaka who have problems designing women, meaning, he is probably at his limits, when re-creating them in his own style. I guess, the only reason he chose Uraraka was because she looks rather normal compared to characters like Tsuyu or Jirou.
Overall, I wouldnt blame Tabata style for this, especially, because the intention of this whole thing was to re-create the others maincharacters with his own style, and not to copy-paste them. In the end, I would rather praise Horikoshi in this case.
I agree with that, Horikoshi is indeed the best in designing girls in Jump right now, closely followed by Saeki Shun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top