Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Man, this issue of Giga had so many amateur and unrefined work, I don't think jump will give some of these volumes releases

I think it will be more like how RINGO never got released on volume last year

I only skimmed through the magazine, among the new mini series only Exo Arts stood out
among the oneshots only Ken Tauros left an impression on me :3c

among the omakes. Vigilantes omake was 18 pages long, that's like an average weekly chapter

Poro's omake was pretty lewd, it's almost if it was parodying Yuuna or TLR
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Someone did, Giga is available on every raw site now


I think it's true

I don't think it's "we won't publish you anymore" situation and more like "we will publish you, just not in the main magazine"

May releases: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/comics/
Thanks. Now I just have to find a way to overcome the university's slow dl speed, so I can view it from the comfort of my apartment.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Is there any news about BC anime?
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Here's an updated list of Jump Anime Announcements
話 = Chapter

**8話 Boruto (monthly)
*54話 Hunter x Hunter
*62話 World Trigger
*65話 My Hero Academia
*66話 Bakuman
*76話 Beelzebub
*76話 Nisekoi
*80話 D.Gray-Man
*80話 Haikyuu
*82話 To Love-Ru
*85話 Nurarihyon no Mago
*91話 Black Clover
*93話 Shokugeki no Souma
*97話 Assassination Classroom
100話 One Piece
100話 Prince of Tennis
103話 Gintama
108話 Death Note
108話 Reborn!
116話 Medaka Box
117話 Neuro
119話 Bobobobo Bobobo
120話 Eyeshield 21
123話 Toriko
127話 Hikaru no Go
134話 Naruto
134話 Shaman King
136話 Kuroko no Basket
138話 Houshin Engi
144話 Bleach
148話 Ichigo 100%
159話 Sket Dance
194話 Saiki Kusuo

Series that got an anime after they had already ended:
Busou Renkin, Hatsukoi Limited, Black Cat, Level E, Jojo

Hoping for some anime announcements this year
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm confident there will be a Yuragi anime announcement by the end of the year.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I want an anime announcement for KnY next year, preferably fall 2018. Wow, HxH got it's anime a lot sooner than One Piece.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Most likely Kimetsu too with how it's grown. Kimetsu's current arc once it's done will probably be a good end point for a 2 cour s1.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Never seen Bobobobo Bobobo, how is it as a gag series? Anime or manga?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Never seen Bobobobo Bobobo, how is it as a gag series? Anime or manga?
It's... really weird. I'm not sure what the general consensus is, but I really liked it. I've watched the anime more than I read the manga though, so I can't really say which is better.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Both are great

it's be random for sake of being random type of comedy series, but it's very funny imo
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I enjoyed the Bobobo anime as a kid. Would like to own the manga but Viz only released one volume. I do own that though
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Never seen Bobobobo Bobobo, how is it as a gag series? Anime or manga?
I liked it. There's a momentum to it that makes it work compares to other gag series where its just a series of rapid fire gags every minute with no sense of structure so even if a gag does fail its not lingered on. The anime also has a very good dub which takes out the Japanese centric weird humor and adds its own crazy weird humor that makes it flow just as well. The anime got canned at 75 episodes but the manga continued on and even got a sequel True Theory....its not as good and by the time it came out the formula had gotten stale and was canned after 9 volumes. Since then the mangaka hasnt struck another hit since with his only claim to fame being that he's the only mangaka to have a seried cancelled in the shortest amount of time and has resorted to doing moe spinoffs of Bobobo in Saikyou Jump.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm going to go through Giga tomorrow and post my impressions. First time entering the raw community, these brahs don't mess around.

How many chapters does Viz need of the each three series to be caught up?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Interesting to note anime announcements seem to be coming earlier. It shows how much of an exception HxH was to get one so damn early back then.

Anime announcements im hoping for this year: HQ S4, Jojo Part 5, Yuuna, Yaiba, Hinomaru Zu- goes and cries in a corner :crying.

In all seriousness though, if Samon doesnt end soon im suspicious it may have an anime in the making. There was that Osomatsu director saying he was interested in it, plus the series has been on a low for quite a while. Save for the new series, its been first on the chopping block for like 6 months now yet still surviving. Its probably just a coincedence because they were all trash, but I cant shake the feeling.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not so much time ago people here had the opinion that Jump should hold anime announcement as long as possible to make room for material. Now series with less than a year has anime talkings. We are not the best public to theorize over, but maybe there is a trend in Japan going to the same direction?
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Not so much time ago people here had the opinion that Jump should hold anime announcement as long as possible to make room for material. Now series with less than a year has anime talkings. We are not the best public to theorize over, but maybe there is a trend in Japan going to the same direction?
But no one even mentioned series with less than 1 year

I don't think anyone expects a Neverland announcement
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But no one even mentioned series with less than 1 year

I don't think anyone expects a Neverland announcement
I could see one being announced by this time next year but probably not any earlier
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Not so much time ago people here had the opinion that Jump should hold anime announcement as long as possible to make room for material. Now series with less than a year has anime talkings. We are not the best public to theorize over, but maybe there is a trend in Japan going to the same direction?
A good question I make about this is... Why is important to make room for the material? "Because it will be a good adaptation" And it will be a bad one if they work with not so much chapters? "Yes it will be bad" Will that save an awful manga? Will this transform an awful manga into a good series? If not, then stop caring about faithful adaptations, for God's sake. The fidelity is not important for everyone. It's just wish-fullfillment for the fans. And no, the main audience is not the established fans. nor it has to be. I'd rather have a good anime loose adaptation for new fans than a faithful adaptation but sucky anime for everyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top