Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

void data

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
28
Country
Indonesia
Wow, the bottom part is cluttered with comedy series. It feels like the votes became divided and damage their rank.

Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Harapeko no Marie
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
U19
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I totally forgot about Saiki's anniversary, nice surprise

Asou draws pretty boring cp but whatever, I'm still hyped
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
If OP isn't absent, we got 16 series ranking next week. That hasn't happened since, what? 2013?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What are some of the best examples of comedy manga in the magazine then?

Gintama is praised a lot but what else? I still have to finish watching bobobobo. I feel Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi will be a great comedy series but I'll wait till it's fully translated.
the pic in my avatar is judging you silently

> Yuragi and Kimetsu start one issue apart
> Kimetsu has a cover.
> Kimetsu has 1 more volume than Yuragi

Being a ghost is tough I suppose.

:feelsbadman
not including the first chapter covers

Kimetsu = 2 covers
Yunna = 0 covers

:teehee

I honestly don't get why Dr. Stone is so well received. It has good art? Outside of that, I don't see the appeal. I think it's a mess, but whatever.
nice art and nice world aesthetics, interesting premise, fun, educational without being too boring

the characters are one dimensional but it could be overlooked for now as we are just in the first volume, they will have to flesh them out sometime (I hope)
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
not including the first chapter covers

Kimetsu = 2 covers
Yunna = 0 covers

:teehee
:gwah Not 1, but 2? :feelsbadman Someone at Jump is getting fired today.

Oh well, at least Yuuna had back to back colour pages and first place on TOC once :datass.
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
I genuinely won't be surprised if he comes back to do one chapter to finish the volume off before disappearing for another year or two. Unless they plan on making the volume release shorter than it is? If I recall correctly, Volume 34 is one or two chapters short from being a finished volume.
There's 10 chapters and its enough for Volume 34
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
That Dr. Stone chapter was arguably the best one that got ranked, I didn't start getting bored till like chp 5 or 6 too.

WNL seems to be a middle of pack-er, which has been where Yuragi has settled in at, cool with me.

@giathuan2707 Tengu needs the cover for herself in the worst way... I like her :derp
 

Lumilleon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
132
Age
34
Country
Galactic Empire
Dr. Stone was got me out, i thought the ranking would sunk soon since the recent chapter way too chaotic.
i actually kinda feel bad if this manga get axe too quickly, Boichi was too happy to joined jump given his happy comment from wsj authors comment. so yeah, good grief for him.
And too bad for Hungry marie i enjoyed this manga more than i am enjoyed Benkyou and Yuuna but readers has different favors here.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1851770 1862800 One Piece 85
*496699 *497195 Haikyuu 25
*226262 *226262 Souma 24
*185959 *185959 Boruto 3
*107704 *107704 Black Clover 11
**65937 **65937 Kimetsu 6
**28551 *449478 Heroaca 13
**26311 **26311 Karada Sagashi
**25479 2582133 One Piece 84
**21682 **21682 Samon 9
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
come on kimetsu! let's go kimetsu!

it's weird how the last volume sold 65k before dropping out of oricon top 50
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Volume 12(31 Days)- *20,435 *440,536
Does it say how much the backlog BnHA got this week? And I thought 5 old volumes of BnHA is on top 50 right now why only vol. 13 is shown in this list?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
these are last week sales 1 May to 7 May
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
80k+ for KnY here we come!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
One Piece/DB IP sales
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Fake. I dont see BHA there so it must be some guys just doing stuff on his own. And Gundam first is impisiburu. The last good gundam was in 2007, I dont count Unicorn.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
seeing the toys sales makes me wonder when will get the next YugiOh or will its phenomenon ever happen again

I seen some oneshots with some interesting concepts that could develop into some cool traditional gaming franchises

that's if Jump and the fans gave them a chance
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Fake. I dont see BHA there so it must be some guys just doing stuff on his own. And Gundam first is impisiburu. The last good gundam was in 2007, I dont count Unicorn.
it's from official earnings disclosure of Bandai Namco
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top