- Joined
- Feb 4, 2017
- Messages
- 367
- Reaction score
- 134
- Age
- 29
- Country
-
Who reads jump for girls?
Yeah after reading a few shoujo titles I can see why female readers would jump to shonen manga, Shoujo is pretty much the same rehash crap. Medaka Box was the first manga I read with a badass female protag. I liked her until nisio made her a douche with elder god like powers.Shoujo is worse than Shounen, most of the time the girls are unrealistic sweet and more fixated for a guy than Sakura was.
I don't know about you guys' school days, but in mine girls acted exactly like Sakura, it was so natural for me seeing her like that.
Seeing her breaking the ground with a punch, that was unnatural. XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Me, Who do you think is on my avatar? To me all girls are potential waifusWho reads jump for girls?
I highly doubt people read TPN solely for Emma since her being a female isn't really relevant its just an engrossing story all around regardless of the lead.All of the above comments just remind me that it's something of a wonder that The Promised Neverland is doing so well with a female protagonist. Not that previous JUMP series haven't have any but the two most notable examples before it are kind of hard to count.
Never said people are reading it for that reason (I'm certainly not). It's just kind of fascinating to see it's success when paired against JUMP's general track record regarding how it treats female characters.I highly doubt people read TPN solely for Emma since her being a female isn't really relevant its just an engrossing story all around regardless of the lead.
That is correct especially with the next chapter where literally anything can happen. It's a good read and the volumes are worth buying.I highly doubt people read TPN solely for Emma since her being a female isn't really relevant its just an engrossing story all around regardless of the lead.
Yuragi answers your question? XDWho reads jump for girls?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Certainly, I even forget that Emma is a girl most of the time for obvious reasons.I highly doubt people read TPN solely for Emma since her being a female isn't really relevant its just an engrossing story all around regardless of the lead.
What do you mean? Emma is treated like a guy most of the time, if she were a guy it wouldn't make any difference at all, really. That's how do you want to see girls be treated? There is no shame for a girl to show her femininity.Never said people are reading it for that reason (I'm certainly not). It's just kind of fascinating to see it's success when paired against JUMP's general track record regarding how it treats female characters.
I mean yeah its interesting but its not really why its successful or what gets people talking about it and even in story her being female is not treated as something special (and her big moment in the series gets upstaged posthumously by Norman). So unlike say Lady Justice or Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san most of discussion is about where the story is heading and the MC just so happens to be female.Never said people are reading it for that reason (I'm certainly not). It's just kind of fascinating to see it's success when paired against JUMP's general track record regarding how it treats female characters.
Lady Justice and Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san have great plots I don't know what you're talking aboutSo unlike say Lady Justice or Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san most of discussion is about where the story is heading and the MC just so happens to be female.
.
Resident shoujo lurker back again. Shoujo is not worse than Shounen. You've just got to know where to look. You've got to look beyond the usual popular shoujo of abusive guys and rehashed Cinderella stories (which for some reason is always super popular in Japan ugh). Try out Hana o Meshimase, My Fair Neighbor, Kawaii Hito (Saitou Ken), Nekota no Koto, Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita and Takane to Hana to name a few.Shoujo is worse than Shounen, most of the time the girls are unrealistic sweet and more fixated for a guy than Sakura was.
I don't know about you guys' school days, but in mine girls acted exactly like Sakura, it was so natural for me seeing her like that.
Seeing her breaking the ground with a punch, that was unnatural. XD
This. I don't see how Sakura was unrealistic. Many girls at my school acted exactly like her. Of course not everyone, don't want to generalise, but there were still a lot, so its not hard to see why its a general trope.I don't know about you guys' school days, but in mine girls acted exactly like Sakura, it was so natural for me seeing her like that.
Seeing her breaking the ground with a punch, that was unnatural. XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Her being a girl is never brought up as anything special or significant, TPN as story could work with any of lead regardless of gender and all discussions and praise for it has literally shit to do with it having a female lead. Why people need to put so much stress into something insignificant I have no clue. Nobody here is even outright ignoring her being a female they just don't care.About Emma from The Promised Neverland-
I would say, currently she could be one of the best main girls in shounen in WSJ right now. Yeah, she is a tomboy, but her being a girl isnt ignored. Norman has a crush on her, she is a big sister for & to all the other kids & Isabella wanted her to be a mother, too. It's not if the manga ignores her gender, it simply treats her as a human.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nobody here has said anything in regards to ignoring her gender but the very fact that people like you Mawara are insisting that we take notice of it makes me think that you believe all Emma has going for her is being female and nothing more which is a very narrow-minded way of thinking things and I'm glad that that the story and discussion for the series don't even bring this up. Also both of those points are very vague what within itself because you're saying that those roles can't be given to males and that they're gender specific which outside one detail the manga have anything to say about. So TPN has a female lead, who gives a shit? Most people are reading it for other reasons beyond gender politics.Also no Emma is a girl. Do you think that Isabella/Emma thing would have gone that way if she was a boy? And her mother instinct with the little kids? Don't erase her freaking gender when we finally have a new manga in Jump with a female lead, I don't care if that's not why the series is popular, it matters to me that she is a girl and she is as important to the plot as the boys. And she is a TOMBOY, just because she isn't "girlish" enough (ugh) you all go and say her gender doesn't matter.
Did you even read the posts you quoted? Also I just said that it matters to me, thanks for ignoring me, I might not be Japanese but I will try to support the series because I like it AND because Emma is a girl. Also "doesn't care" is even worse because basically they don't give a shit. Good to know /sarcasm. Also I am not reducing her just to her gender... wow now I can't even be happy because as a girl I like to see more developped female characters in what I read? I don't care about politics, I would have liked Emma just fine even if she was a boy, I care about the fact that Jump manga usually have Just male leads that are relevant to the plot and TPN is just breaking this record a bit (like... Ray and Norman are still there...). Nothing deep I am just happy... anyway I will stop now, I made my point clear.Her being a girl is never brought up as anything special or significant, TPN as story could work with any of lead regardless of gender and all discussions and praise for it has literally shit to do with it having a female lead. Why people need to put so much stress into something insignificant I have no clue. Nobody here is even outright ignoring her being a female they just don't care.
Sharing similar designs isn't a bad characteristic of writing women. A visual character design isn't a part of writing!Though, not as bad, I would also say Oda's women aren't good, either. Many share a similiar design & many important female characters are princesses with a similiar role/character. It's not horrifying like in Naruto, it's more tiresome & annoying mostly.
Though, not as deep in Bleach as fans are, I would say, Rukia was a good female maincharacter. I could only complain about her lack of screen time in the last years, I guess.
No because here's the thing...there's more important aspects to a character than their gender, shocking isn't it? So you're saying you wouldn't care about Emma if she was a male? Good to know.Did you even read the posts you quoted? Also I just said that it matters to me, thanks for ignoring me, I might not be Japanese but I will try to support the series because I like it AND because Emma is a girl. Also "doesn't care" is even worse because basically they don't give a shit.
But you are. Ever since its serialization nobody here has brought up the fact that TPN has a female lead as being anything more than a cool tidbit rather than something that's different from the average Jump manga because we more more concern with how well-written the character was then her gender. Yeah you're happy that Jump has another manga with a female protagonist, whoop-de-doo because female characters don't already have a strong presence in the current lineup as it it including topping popularity polls and having important roles in the story beyond being damsels in distress.Also I am not reducing her just to her gender... wow now I can't even be happy because as a girl I like to see more developped female characters in what i read? I don't care about politics, I would have liked Emma just fine even if she was a boy, I care about the fact that Jump manga usually have a male lead that is relevant to the plot and TPN is just breaking this record a bit. Nothing deep I am just happy...