Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
691
Reaction score
606
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
The majority of people out there don't even know that you are reading Jump, even less that it is targeted to kids and teens. Even if you actually read most the series in Jump you will not have this impression because it is not as childish as you are describing. Boobs flying in your face, on the other hand, is universal, everybody will understand that you are perverted, no matter the knowledge in manga they have.

Nah, it is was reasonable in the beginning, it was funny even, but the it started to escalate. I don't avoid ecchi altogether because it is impossible, so I'm fine with a reasonable amount. Read my posts again.
First, I wasn`t aware that liking breasts makes you perverted. I have seen the light now! Second, some of Jump`s most popular series are about a guy who power-up through rage then his hair turns different colors, one about a rubber idiot who can inflate himself to the size of a balloon and can fight, stuff like Bobobo-bo, etc. Yeah, not childish or ridiculous at all.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Moving on, Robo gets its first rank tomorrow. Take your bets.
I'm thinking 3rd or 4th.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Don't sports series usually hang around mid-bottom pre-anime?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moving on, Robo gets its first rank tomorrow. Take your bets.
I'm thinking 3rd or 4th.
Robo is in a kind of grey area to me, because the comedy that is Robo himself is hit or miss with people so it's hard to gauge where it might be. If I had to guess I'd say somewhere in the range of 4-6.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
You guys comparing Yuragi's ecchi scenes to battle shounen is just wrong. C'mon guys, let's be real here. Would you rather have the person next to you notice you're reading some black and white comic with flashy fight scenes (and 0% questionable content) and then look away after a second, or have them glance over and notice you're reading ecchi manga (with 100% questionable content) and wonder just what pervert they're sitting next to?

Also, I just want to give my two cents about Yuragi itself. I don't care much for the ecchi, I read it because Yuuna is precious and should be cherished at all costs.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
691
Reaction score
606
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
You guys comparing Yuragi's ecchi scenes to battle shounen is just wrong. C'mon guys, let's be real here. Would you rather have the person next to you notice you're reading some black and white comic with flashy fight scenes (and 0% questionable content) and then look away after a second, or have them glance over and notice you're reading ecchi manga (with 100% questionable content) and wonder just what pervert they're sitting next to?

Also, I just want to give my two cents about Yuragi itself. I don't care much for the ecchi, I read it because Yuuna is precious and should be cherished at all costs.
So battles with violence and death are ok, but breasts aren`t. Well, whatever, I guess most people think like that, maybe I`m weird that I don`t see it as that bad (and 100% questionable> C`mon now, it`s not a porn series).

But I think I derailed this thread enough. About Robo, well, I think it comes down to the fujoshis, since I don`t know how popular golf is with kids.
 

Lortastic

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
293
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Or you know... just read your ecchi in private quarters if you're that worried about people looking over at your phone/tablet etc and read something you can comfortably in public.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Lots of people read outright porn in public anyway, it wasn't exactly the story or characters that made 50 Shades of Grey so popular.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get a fairly prominent female character in Robo (assuming it survives), usually you at least get a cute manager or something introduced in the first few chapters.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I didn't know Fifty Shades of Gray was a picture book.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mathematically speaking, we cannot compare things from different orders of magnitude. XD
For example, I don't put One Piece in Jump rankings because it is just so good that it is unfair.
I could not agree more about One Piece but mathematically you are very, dead wrong. And I will use One Piece to prove:

Chopper had a bounty of 50 berries. Or 5.x10¹.
Luffy now have a 500.000.000 berries or 5x10/ \8. So we can say that Luffy now have a bounty 8 times bigger in order of magnitude than Chopper.

We most certainly can compare things with different orders of magnitude. We CANNOT compare things with different measurement orders or indexes.

Right?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I wake up to this huh. Let me say couple things

If you don't READ a series (applies to all series, not just ecchi) say why you don't like it and move on. NO need to bash or judge the people who read it.

If somebody judges you for what you read, that's their problem why should you care or embarrass? Does reading it make you happy? Yes, then do it.

If YOU judges somebody for what they read, that's your problem, why should you care about what they read?
------------
About Yuragi itself

As I said in the past, if anybody reads up to chapter 15, they will fall in love with the series. If they don't then it's not for them and that's okay.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The latest WNL chapter was the best one, it was hella funny and realistic. I'm actually curious now if this real life ever occurred to someone when we had co-ed gym classes, the world may never know
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gotta just agree to disagree bro. Like how hot girls doesn't make a series great, heavy ecchi doesn't make a series bad. If I was reading Deku vs. Kacchan in public would people think I'm a street fighter fanboy or comic book nerd? We can't use that perverted argument if we don't look at it from both sides. It's no issue on liking what you like and vice versa, we just can't put people all in one box because this series has this or that series has that. Yuragi, in my opinion, is comfy and a fun series. All I'm getting at
I think it is just hypocrisy what's going on here. You read a series full of ecchi, but you are reading it with the utmost pure reasons, of course, sure... I wasn't born yesterday, you know.

First, I wasn`t aware that liking breasts makes you perverted. I have seen the light now! Second, some of Jump`s most popular series are about a guy who power-up through rage then his hair turns different colors, one about a rubber idiot who can inflate himself to the size of a balloon and can fight, stuff like Bobobo-bo, etc. Yeah, not childish or ridiculous at all.
Refer to the answer above. And you are describing the series the most idiot way, it is obvious that it will sound idiot, even if you describe Berserk as a series where there is a guy that likes to kill everybody, it will become something disturbing that nobody would like to read.

Moving on, Robo gets its first rank tomorrow. Take your bets.
I'm thinking 3rd or 4th.
Man, it looks like ages, I generally don't pay attention to the chapters counter so I thought it was already ranked for ages now. XD
Chapter 8 was great, the series has been evolving well and I think Kuroko no Basket shadow will make the series have a very good ranking at first and it will have strength enough to stand on its own legs.

Don't sports series usually hang around mid-bottom pre-anime?
Not when you are by the same author of Kuroko no Nasket.

You guys comparing Yuragi's ecchi scenes to battle shounen is just wrong. C'mon guys, let's be real here. Would you rather have the person next to you notice you're reading some black and white comic with flashy fight scenes (and 0% questionable content) and then look away after a second, or have them glance over and notice you're reading ecchi manga (with 100% questionable content) and wonder just what pervert they're sitting next to?

Also, I just want to give my two cents about Yuragi itself. I don't care much for the ecchi, I read it because Yuuna is precious and should be cherished at all costs.
This. You can be reading a heavy ecchi series with the """purest"""" intentions, but people are not reading your mind. This is the impression. XD
But my problem with ecchi is much deeper than that, it is not just because the impression it causes.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
691
Reaction score
606
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I think it is just hypocrisy what's going on here. You read a series full of ecchi, but you are reading it with the utmost pure reasons, of course, sure... I wasn't born yesterday, you know.

Refer to the answer above. And you are describing the series the most idiot way, it is obvious that it will sound idiot, even if you describe Berserk as a series where there is a guy that likes to kill everybody, it will become something disturbing that nobody would like to read.

Man, it looks like ages, I generally don't pay attention to the chapters counter so I thought it was already ranked for ages now. XD
Chapter 8 was great, the series has been evolving well and I think Kuroko no Basket shadow will make the series have a very good ranking at first and it will have strength enough to stand on its own legs.


Not when you are by the same author of Kuroko no Nasket.

This. You can be reading a heavy ecchi series with the """purest"""" intentions, but people are not reading your mind. This is the impression. XD
But my problem with ecchi is much deeper than that, it is not just because the impression it causes.
Try to describe something like Bobobo without it sounding stupid. And Berserk is already something disturbing (especially in the beginning), so yeah, a pretty bad example.

But yeah, you go on about pureness and not reading porn on the bus or whatever. I`m sure in the morning there will be much more important things to discuss (argue about), like the TOC, which will probably be out in a few hours.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Another Yearly Sales and Net Income record for Toei Animation. From last year 33.612 Billion Yen Sales to 40.747 Billion Yen, and 5,.45 Billion Yen Net Income to 7.203 Billion Yen.

My Hero Academia after some weeks not appearing in the Top 10 TV rankings appeared again:
1. Sazae-san - 12.4%
2. Chibi Maruko-chan - 8.2%
3. One Piece - 6.8%
4. Detective Conan - 6.6%
5. Dragon Ball Super - 5.3%
6. My Hero Academia - 3.5%
7. Kira Kira PreCure A la Mode - 3.4%
8. "Extraordinary rare! Ninpadama 25 masterpiece special" (Google Translated this one) - 3.3%
9. Curious George - 3.2%
10. Thomas the Tank Engine - 3.0%
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You guys are wasting your time... If it's not My Hero Academia, everything is passible of hate. Just give up, anybody's opinions about other series is just thrash for some ppl here =)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Leoat do I read Yuragi for ecchi...? Maybe :derp. Seriously I'll tell you the truth: from first glance I got captured by two things, it's art and ecchi (so like Nisekoi which we're both big fans of) but I seriously really like the totality of the series. Tirakai put it best, the author uses ecchi as it's a supporting feature in the story and plot. It's no hypocrisy because I enjoy the story, characters, and the art as much as the comedy and ecchi. What I just wanna get through to you is that not everyone follows a series for the same thing, it lowkey bothers me that people look at it like that. It's so childish for looking down on someone or a group of people for a certain genre.

I don't have a problem with your stance, if it ain't for you it ain't for you. Burachi's comments were more triggering to be real. I can care less if someone doesn't like a series but don't clown others cause they do (people joke around alot with BC but when I mean serious demeaning, don't do that) that kind of thinking is really wrong. Also who really gives a fuck what others think of you? Why worry what others think of you? That's a weak mentality. Come on now, majority of people on here are in their 20s, we're all old enough to not care about menial shit like that. My last comment on this, hope we can find some middle ground.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Somebody asked about robo position... 3/4 I guess. Dr. Stone was 3 right?

You guys are venerating veterans already, yes?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Dr Stone's first rank was 5th I think, the third chapter is the one at no 3.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I think RxL will be 6th. Personally I'd put it around 9th though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top