Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm predicting below 10 for RxL

I wonder if Zumou is getting it's anniversary cover next week
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dr Stone's first rank was 5th I think, the third chapter is the one at no 3.
oh so it RAISED? We need to start a religion for veterans.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Try to describe something like Bobobo without it sounding stupid. And Berserk is already something disturbing (especially in the beginning), so yeah, a pretty bad example.

But yeah, you go on about pureness and not reading porn on the bus or whatever. I`m sure in the morning there will be much more important things to discuss (argue about), like the TOC, which will probably be out in a few hours.
I could say the same, Bobobo is a comedy, right? A very weird one at that. XD

It is not me who was talking about purity, you guys that got all offended because I said the obvious.
I don't have much to talk about TOC anymore, so this conversation is certainly a lot more interesting. I don't have anybody to root for now, We Never Learn didn't get there yet.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I could say the same, Bobobo is a comedy, right? A very weird one at that. XD

It is not me who was talking about purity, you guys that got all offended because I said the obvious.
I don't have much to talk about TOC anymore, so this conversation is certainly a lot more interesting. I don't have anybody to root for now, We Never Learn didn't get there yet.
I already told you it would fail.

About the "bus" ecchi... My mom caught me translating Souma's last chapter... She was so disturbed that did not talk to me the whole day... When I tried to explain that Kinokuni was like that because of the food she became even more horrified...

Till this day I don't know if she got what I mean by food...
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
About the "bus" ecchi... My mom caught me translating Souma's last chapter... She was so disturbed that did not talk to me the whole day... When I tried to explain that Kinokuni was like that because of the food she became even more horrified...

Till this day I don't know if she got what I mean by food...
On the bright side she didn't catch you translating Souma's first chapter with the tentacle part :teehee
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I already told you it would fail.

About the "bus" ecchi... My mom caught me translating Souma's last chapter... She was so disturbed that did not talk to me the whole day... When I tried to explain that Kinokuni was like that because of the food she became even more horrified...

Till this day I don't know if she got what I mean by food...
I'm not talking about TOC here, I am talking about my own taste, it didn't get there in a sense it is still not good enough for me to root for it eagerly. It is a nice series and I hope it has some more time to show me what it came from.

Thanks for the spoiler.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Credit to Kaizou_10

Shounen Jump Issue 25:
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (Cover, Lead CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Yakusoku no Neverland
Black Clover
Dr. Stone
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Spring Weapon Number One
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Watashi no Cherry☆Boyfriend (CP, One Shot)
Robot×Laserbeam
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Harapeko no Marie
Gintama
U19
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 26:
Cover, Lead CP: Hinomaru Zumou
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Alice to Taiyou (One Shot by Totsuno Takahide)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What chapter was it when Tsukasa revealed his goals to Senkuu?

Also Food Wars is kinda low... which chapter was ranked for it in this issue?
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
What chapter was it when Tsukasa revealed his goals to Senkuu?

Also Food Wars is kinda low... which chapter was ranked for it in this issue?
208. Basically the Nene is a nerd chapter and the casual mocking of Soma.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What chapter was it when Tsukasa revealed his goals to Senkuu?
That would be the one that is ranked here this week.
Honestly I don't see Dr. Stone being around to long and it's not because I personally don't like the series or because of bad rankings it has more to do with the premise getting old really quickly, that is if it ever finally resolves the current arc that I think should've really happened later on in the story and with Tsukasa having his own group of people instead of just himself but that's just my thoughts on it.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I hope that We never learn isn't axed, it's pretty good atm. Also, congratulations to Saiki, one of the best comedy these days..
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm happy that Hinomaru is getting its 3rd anniversary cover. It very well could be it's last cover.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
That would be the one that is ranked here this week.
Honestly I don't see Dr. Stone being around to long and it's not because I personally don't like the series or because of bad rankings it has more to do with the premise getting old really quickly, that is if it ever finally resolves the current arc that I think should've really happened later on in the story and with Tsukasa having his own group of people instead of just himself but that's just my thoughts on it.
Feels like it's going to go the Uratarou route and be really random and ridiculous.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:ck:feelsbadman

Oh look another series receive a cover page for its anniversary.

Thanks Editor in Chief.

Spring Weapon Number One should be called A Miracle Series or Dodge the Axe Like a Boss.
 
Last edited:

crazybear1337

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Age
28
Country
Mexico
So Dr. Stone is the only newcommer with good placement, that´s nice, is the one I´m enjoying the most.
 

randimari

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
248
Age
33
Country
United States
While the art is nice for Stone, the story just feels so.... meh, imo the author could of did more. The idea and premise is very well done but not sure this will last long. However if it ranks well again I'll attempt it to read after I dropped after two chapters.

Nice to see my hero academia on top :amuse
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boichi is doing another weekly series alongside Dr. Stone. Also, the series has a real life scientist consulting for it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top