Ah, another TOC with rankings all over the place. Gintama in first and above One Piece, Souma in third, Spring Weapon back in the bottom. But the best part? All those manga above Black Clover.
In all serious though, that was chapter 106, which was the chapter where Asta and Yuno showed off their power on stage to the crowd of the star ceremony thing, and the double page spread of "Look how far we've come". If rankings actually reflect the readers' reception, then I can understand the reasoning behind the drop in rank for BC. This whole "look how far we've come thing" was waaay too early in the story to have any impact.
Do you guys think placement is really important for WNL given that it's a romance series? It hasn't ranked incredibly well the past few weeks, but still got a color page. And volume 1 seems to be selling decently(well above other axed series like U19 and Poro at least).
Well, if Nisekoi's early ranks are anything to go by, then there is reason for some worry, as Nisekoi ranked middle for the most part, sometimes venturing into the top 3. Either way though, I think WNL is fine, especially considering it's great first volume reception.
—
On another note, I've been trying to figure out what Yokota's art reminded me of, and I just figured it out. It kind of reminds me of a kid's anime. Especially with Shudan, I'm getting Inazuma Eleven vibes. Makes me wonder if Yokota is trying to go for a series that has a higher chance of success. Or maybe he's trying to change what he's known for? I sure wouldn't wanna be known as the Masturbation Master guy.