- Joined
- Mar 13, 2008
- Messages
- 1,089
- Reaction score
- 401
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Why are you guys so into this ratings? It means jack for the series success or popularity lol.
How so? Ratings are a good indicator if a new season will come too (how well it sells as well) or if it'll keep it's timeslot in the next season.Why are you guys so into this ratings? It means jack for the series success or popularity lol.
RIP sense of taste. Go back to be a Shokugeki fan, man. I beg you. XDSo I just started reading Hungry Marie and honestly, I actually like the series. The humor is great and the plot absurd.
I am a sucker for two types of Manga: Gender Swap and Vampire.Ratings is all and good, but it is not something we get frequently, the overwhelming majority of the animes don't get there so I think even the studios rely on BD/DVD sales more than ratings. It is discussable which one gives more money to the studio though... Based on the fact that some studios (Toei) didn't even bother to put something with decent quality on TV and correct everything, making a prestine edition to DVD/BD I bet that they earn more money selling media.
RIP sense of taste. Go back to be a Shokugeki fan, man. I beg you. XD
That's because other seasonal shows get aired really late. Like SnS season 1/2 was aired late like at 2 am. Boku no hero on the other hand airs at a good time slot so the ratings will matter.Ratings is all and good, but it is not something we get frequently, the overwhelming majority of the animes don't get there so I think even the studios rely on BD/DVD sales more than ratings. It is discussable which one gives more money to the studio though... Based on the fact that some studios (Toei) didn't even bother to put something with decent quality on TV and correct everything, making a prestine edition to DVD/BD I bet that they earn more money selling media.
RIP sense of taste. Go back to be a Shokugeki fan, man. I beg you. XD
Come on, even if MHA did not get into the most viewed series we know it will receive another season.How so? Ratings are a good indicator if a new season will come too (how well it sells as well) or if it'll keep it's timeslot in the next season.
It's no bait, I really meant it.Except it does mean things about the success and popularity. C'mon, you didn't even put any effort into this bait.
I wouldn't if it did poorly, at least I won't expect a 2 cour. Does bones even do a lot of season 3's? I think Kekkai Sensen is the worthy contender of getting one of the longest runs in a bones show. Unless the new director fucks it up which can happen. They seem to stop at second seasons lolCome on, even if MHA did not get into the most viewed series we know it will receive another season.
You answered your own question. The studios would be in famine if they depended on TV ratings because the majority of them are aired in a bad time.That's because other seasonal shows get aired really late. Like SnS season 1/2 was aired late like at 2 am. Boku no hero on the other hand airs at a good time slot so the ratings will matter.
I think TV ratings generate more than BD/DVD sales for the studio. (someone can correct me on that)
With BNHA case, Bones is expecting good ratings and BD sales so both are important then.You answered your own question. The studios would be in famine if they depended on TV ratings because the majority of them are aired in a bad time.
Toei is the studio that gets more anime in the top 10 ratings and even them put the draft of the episode to air, so it is hard to convince me otherwise. TV is meant to advertise the anime a little bit to sell more BD/DVDs, I bet.
Bones isn't that high up on the production committee. It has little say in whether it will get another season and Minami, Bones's president said they want to keep Heroaca as a long running project in an ANN interview so on that front Bones is ready to adapt it for a long time. This myth that certain studios don't do second seasons is simply coincidence as the companies higher up in the committee simply felt like it wasn't time or no need to do a second season. Also if you look at the recent break down of revenue you'll see that disc sales are only a small part of revenue but its one of the numbers we the public get so its one of the only few metrics available to tell a show's popularity. For series that air in the day, a large amount of people record everything and watch later. This is especially true as I see people who are just now watching last week's episode or haven't gotten around to even watch the Bakugou vs Ochako fight. Its overall doing well as the ending song released last week was a new personal best in both ranking and sales for the group, Little Glee Monster. The opening's full version that was released on Wednesday hit 1 million views in 1 day.With BNHA case, Bones is expecting good ratings and BD sales so both are important then.
It is until 14 chapters later and nothing has happened...So I just started reading Hungry Marie and honestly, I actually like the series. The humor is great and the plot absurd.

Honestly I don't think Bone's past work is really relevant for MHA. Because they haven't really adapted any weekly manga adaptations(if any), and this is their first adaptation. Of a popular Jump manga.I wouldn't if it did poorly, at least I won't expect a 2 cour. Does bones even do a lot of season 3's? I think Kekkai Sensen is the worthy contender of getting one of the longest runs in a bones show. Unless the new director fucks it up which can happen. They seem to stop at second seasons lol
They got this timeslots for a reason. They were expecting good TV ratings so if it does bad that could mean a shorter run or different timeslots (or both). These ratings do matter.
I think if this series gets axed, Marie and Taiga's souls will just fuse into one and we get a kung-fu fighting himedere that wins Anna's love.It is until 14 chapters later and nothing has happened...![]()
To clarify for y'all about Little Glee Monster's release, it ranked smackdab at #3 between Idolmaster and Love Live Sunshine! That is a huge achivement.Bones isn't that high up on the production committee. It has little say in whether it will get another season and Minami, Bones's president said they want to keep Heroaca as a long running project in an ANN interview so on that front Bones is ready to adapt it for a long time. This myth that certain studios don't do second seasons is simply coincidence as the companies higher up in the committee simply felt like it wasn't time or no need to do a second season. Also if you look at the recent break down of revenue you'll see that disc sales are only a small part of revenue but its one of the numbers we the public get so its one of the only few metrics available to tell a show's popularity. For series that air in the day, a large amount of people record everything and watch later. This is especially true as I see people who are just now watching last week's episode or haven't gotten around to even watch the Bakugou vs Ochako fight. Its overall doing well as the ending song released last week was a new personal best in both ranking and sales for the group, Little Glee Monster. The opening's full version that was released on Wednesday hit 1 million views in 1 day.
From MAL:Can you post this ranking here? I cannot find such ranking on Oricon.
