Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I'm glad for Kimetsu... still, I see no way that it can receive an anime without an overbearing censoring.
Depends on the studio I guess. I want Sunrise, Madhouse, Bones or MAPPA.

I see people mentioning Shaft and that's good too. They don't censor I think
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Toc predictions? As long as Boku no Hero is not on first and WCS is on the bottom I'm fine.

Also Kimetsu deserves another nº1.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Censorship will more or less depend on the timeslot its on rather than the studio. I'm more partial to Madhouse (if they get the team behind HxH behind it) or MAPPA (If they can get the Garo anime team behind it)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States

This is kind of old news but since starting HxH recently guess I should mention. Myles Garrett, who went #1 in the American Football League (NFL) draft is a fan of HxH. Had a Gon (it was another angle with Gon on it) shirt on while getting an interview. Dope
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
KnY deserves #1 for this week's ToC.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You guys have your hopes WAAAY to high for Kimetsu on Madhouse haha. Way easier to be on TOEI (since they did not got any new manga since Hiatus Trigger) and they do the same shit they did with Toriko.

I called it.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, I'll admit Madhouse prob won't do it. They seem to jump on titles that are already very popular. (HxH, Ippo, Death Note, etc)

Shaft would be cool.

I really don't want Toei. I will rage for sure. They fucked Toriko up so much. That anime original ending was terrible and the biggest asspull I've seen. Idiots.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Depends on the studio I guess. I want Sunrise, Madhouse, Bones or MAPPA
Yay, more overpraise to the AAA studios!!!!!!!!!! Why no one says JC Staff, A-1 or some AA studio that can do a good work too?

And on the topic of censorship, has Kimetsu become more violent in recent chapters? And how much? I read up to chapter 32, but it was as violent as Inuyasha, which is chunks of blood, but nothing too graphical. It didn't push the boundaries with its violence.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shaft would be cool.
hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey haven't yet done an action-oriented show, so good luck waiting
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Shaft would be cool.
hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey haven't yet done an action-oriented show, so good luck waiting
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yay, more overpraise to the AAA studios!!!!!!!!!! Why no one says JC Staff, A-1 or some AA studio that can do a good work too?

And on the topic of censorship, has Kimetsu become more violent in recent chapters? And how much? I read up to chapter 32, but it was as violent as Inuyasha, which is chunks of blood, but nothing too graphical. It didn't push the boundaries with its violence.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey haven't yet done an action-oriented show, so good luck waiting
--- Double Post Merged, ---

hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey haven't yet done an action-oriented show, so good luck waiting
And Kimetsu "more" violent? Lol... It's the gorish series JUMP has nowadays. Not Toriko level, but certainly gorish.

Off topic but... Madoka? Dance in the vampire bund?
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
If done right, Kimetsu anime will be legendary. I hope MAPPA gets it.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I'm not devaluing Kimetsu. I liked it when I read it, but it had some flaws, like not much villain development in the arcs, and the 3 main characters had no development whatsoever(Tanjiro seemed to be 1 dimensional). But this isn't why I put it on hold. And I think it doesn't need to push the boundaries to R-rated territory demonstrate that is gory.

And in the topic of studios that can handle it, JC staff has directors that can handle it, A-1 has the graphic capability when it's the A or sometimes the B team. I don't know other studios that can do it, but the thing is that a AA studio can do as good of a job as the AAA studios. We never think about that.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yay, more overpraise to the AAA studios!!!!!!!!!! Why no one says JC Staff, A-1 or some AA studio that can do a good work too?
Yeah because look how well they've been handling Souma and while A-1 has never done a WSJ adaptation we can just look at their adaptations of Magi and Nanatsu to see how well Kimetsu will be handled.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
JC Staff always seem to be dealing with pretty low budgets which is why I wouldn't want them. Not to mention they're still actively working on 2 Jump series. And A-1 isn't that much better than Pierrot or Toei in regards to these shounen series. Just instead of fudging it up over time, they fudge it up in shorter seasons. Say what you want, but Mappa and Madhouse would be perfect for the series.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Credit to Kaizou 10

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Hunter×Hunter
Boku no Hero Academia
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Haikyuu!!
Dr. Stone (CP)
Cross Account
Omoiyo Todoke〜Butsuri-teki Niwa Todokanai〜 (One Shot)
Gintama
Shoodan!
Spring Weapon Number One
Robot×Laserbeam
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Black Clover (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 32:
Cover, Lead CP: Gintama
CP: Saiki Kusuo no Sainan, Boruto, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yay boku no hero not number one, kimetsu on second and wcs on bottom!

Second best toc this year.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
JC Staff always seem to be dealing with pretty low budgets which is why I wouldn't want them. Not to mention they're still actively working on 2 Jump series. And A-1 isn't that much better than Pierrot or Toei in regards to these shounen series. Just instead of fudging it up over time, they fudge it up in shorter seasons. Say what you want, but Mappa and Madhouse would be perfect for the series.
Do you like Mahouka? Or Mahou Sensou? Or the cliche Tales of Zestiria the X? The AAA studios can be just as flawed, remember that. No AAA studio is flawless and perfect, or will always deliver great content. Madhouse might given themselves for sellouts to stay afloat.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
"We never learn" in bottom 2, but with CP in the following week? It would be better if they gave up of the series at once instead of giving me hope. :notrust
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I will enjoy it while I can though.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm glad that WNL is getting another color page.

I may be looking to much into this, but has anyone else noticed a trend with Dr. Stone on that all most all of it's color pages seem to come up on chapters that are dialogue heavy. It seems that WSJ doesn't want to see the impact of those chapters on it's rankings at least to me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Do you like Mahouka? Or Mahou Sensou? Or the cliche Tales of Zestiria the X? The AAA studios can be just as flawed, remember that. No AAA studio is flawless and perfect, or will always deliver great content. Madhouse might given themselves for sellouts to stay afloat.
I don't see how something being cliche has any relation when we're talking about an adaption that already has it's story set in stone. Writing doesn't really have any impact here...

Yaiba, MHA and HZ in 2, 3, 4!! Great TOC.
WNL not looking good, but it's got an incredible cushion so could survive ages. HM, HZ, HxH, possibly Cross Account, and Gintama. Not to mention the new fodder that comes. They're not gonna cancel something with 2 reprints in 3 weeks so easily.
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
I'm not devaluing Kimetsu. I liked it when I read it, but it had some flaws, like not much villain development in the arcs, and the 3 main characters had no development whatsoever(Tanjiro seemed to be 1 dimensional). But this isn't why I put it on hold. And I think it doesn't need to push the boundaries to R-rated territory demonstrate that is gory.
Are we reading the same series? Tanjirou is far away from 1 dimensional character unlike that screaming MC whom should never be spoken here. Yeah, KnY had some flaws but it's definitely unlike what you described.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top