- Joined
- Feb 4, 2015
- Messages
- 334
- Reaction score
- 241
- Age
- 28
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I had already found it, but thank you anyway!https://www.shonenjump.com/j/comics/
The list right below the current month.
I had already found it, but thank you anyway!https://www.shonenjump.com/j/comics/
The list right below the current month.
Oda is better because he's allowed free reign without any consequence. He has no constraints or worries at all when it comes to making a concise story.I also know that Shimabukuro is better than this, although still far from Oda.
He earned the spot as the greatest of all time, even so he doesn't relax even a single bit in his story making the best every time and even sleeping 2 hours a day even when he is already a millionaire and could live his entire life only with the money One Piece gives to him in merchandise, not to mention what he already saved. He has passion and love for his work more than anything else, One Piece is his life, blood, oxygen. Don't talk about Eichiro Oda as if he didn't deserve what he has and he takes everything for granted because he doesn't. If you respect Shimabukuro so much you should have read his oneshot more carefully because I think you didn't understand how genius of a generation Oda is.Oda is better because he's allowed free reign without any consequence. He has no constraints or worries at all when it comes to making a concise story.
Toriko is the only other series I've encountered that even begins to have the same level of world building that One Piece has, and Shima did it with a fraction of the chapters.
Toriko's world building also had far more potential before it was cut short prematurely. There was still literally UNIVERSES of content left.
*sigh*
Fucking Japan, I swear.
I think you've should of read Toriko more carefully. It definitely had a lot of world building and it wasn't all about the number of monsters he created; it also had many connections. Exploring these wacky worlds which were explained through science or about the history of the Nitro/Neo/Acacia/Planet had a ton of world building. The last chapter, also had a lot of world building. Magi's world building is inferior to Toriko's. Although I dropped Magi a bit after the TS since that manga just went downhill.He earned the spot as the greatest of all time, even so he doesn't relax even a single bit in his story making the best every time and even sleeping 2 hours a day even when he is already a millionaire and could live his entire life only with the money One Piece gives to him in merchandise, not to mention what he already saved. He has passion and love for his work more than anything else, One Piece is his life, blood, oxygen. Don't talk about Eichiro Oda as if he didn't deserve what he has and he takes everything for granted because he doesn't. If you respect Shimabukuro so much you should have read his oneshot more carefully because I think you didn't understand how genius of a generation Oda is.
World building is not a required characteristic for all series, Toriko and One Piece have this characteristic because they are very adventurous, but other series are fine without that. Doing a quick recollection I would say that Magi has a better world building than Toriko by far. Toriko had a vast world, but there weren't many connections between the concepts like One Piece has, Oda goes back and forth with his story, recollecting and using things from the far past. The so called world building in Toriko for me was the number of monsters he created, which would give Pokémon the award of best world building of all time. People didn't take Toriko seriously because it was too exaggerated, like, the readers are very permissive because, you know, everything could happen in that series.
And you forget about Dragon Ball, which also had universes to explore. Every series has the potential to go on and on infinitely, but do it and do it with quality are two completely different matters. Toriko was already a mess and ended very badly, I think it was about time.
Just an example but Toriko's connections were so much better than anything else I've read.Toriko had a vast world, but there weren't many connections between the concepts like One Piece has
It looks so much better than I expected.
What's the worst they could do? Make him annoying?Asta's voice especially will be critical.
At least he didn't lose to a bird.4th place Yuno 827
5th place Nero 654
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---