Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Soma volume 25 didn't make it to the fourth week. Neverland aside, Soma not making it in despite the relatively low cut-off really isn't a good sign for any possible growth from the anime next season. Hopefully its able to make it in next week or this is the first time since volume 8 that it hasn't gone for at least 4 weeks.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But why on earth do Ihave to join a club of Toei haters, when I personally can say I like them even when others not? That´s the problem here. I wanna share my opinion and say "Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn´t deserve Madhouse, Bones or Production IG", not to be censor after saying this ´cause I have my opinion. Others here have their opinion here. It´s not a healthy discussion when I have to be in the same camp as others. "Oh don´t defend Toei, or you´re paid by them". sigh...
Maybe you are stating your opinion, but I'm talking about purely technical matter here.
I'm not saying that I don't like Toei animation simply because I don't like frames without minimal detail and characters out of proportion, I'm saying that I don't like it because these two factors are characteristics of a poor animated anime TECHNICALLY speaking, therefore I don't like it. Animation is a technical job that has right and wrong ways of doing things and Toei is not reaching the expectations regarding animation, that's it! I'm not denying Toei success in the market and it is not of my concern as an anime watcher, I just want animes good to the eyes and the right way to do animation guarantees that.

Now, opinions are meant to be debated, if you want to say whatever you want here and don't want people to say anything, make a blog, not write in a forum. If you are saying that Kimetsu no Yaiba deserves Toei treatment, like long running series and all that, which is their style, and not cours and less guarantee that another season will be made like the majority of the studios does, then it is all right, you said your opinion and based it on a reasonable argument.
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
Jesus

Anime/manga community is as bad as the music/Hip hop community when it comes to hating somebody

So now people gotta have the same distaste for Toei as some of yall:D
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
But why on earth do Ihave to join a club of Toei haters, when I personally can say I like them even when others not? That´s the problem here. I wanna share my opinion and say "Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn´t deserve Madhouse, Bones or Production IG", not to be censor after saying this ´cause I have my opinion. Others here have their opinion here. It´s not a healthy discussion when I have to be in the same camp as others. "Oh don´t defend Toei, or you´re paid by them". sigh...
My issue is that people who defend Toei point at it's success of the studio rather than their talent of the studio to prove that they are good/amazing.

I don't think Toei should ever pickup Kimetsu. I don't want Madhouse to pick it up either but I'd rather have them than Toei. Bones would be cool and IG would be great but I don't see IG getting it. So if I may ask, why do you think Toei should animate Kimetsu? Please don't use success or point at some successful title of theirs since that's not in the scope of the argument.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jesus

Anime/manga community is as bad as the music/Hip hop community when it comes to hating somebody

So now people gotta have the same distaste for Toei as some of yall:D
We don't want people following our opinion, we just want a reason to like Toei besides "it is successful". We know that success doesn't meant quality most of the time, there are countless examples in manga world. You know that we are in a forum and forums are made to discuss things right? Not always we are trying to convince each other, we are just trying to understand the point of people who defend Toei. You guys are the ones with a defensive stance here as if we are offending somebody.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm just gonna ignore all the anime studio-related posts

hey look! Plus have put out a preview for their new 7 series

https://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/shinrensai_2017/LLQ7o7pB/

Saguri-san Tankentai aside, the mangaka manga and old guy little girl manga looks cool

look like they will be pushing the Slime Life series
 
Last edited:

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
My issue is that people who defend Toei point at it's success of the studio rather than their talent of the studio to prove that they are good/amazing.
There are two parts on the problem.

1st - Your Radical position on the subject. Restricting any conversation of value. "If you so certain that the sky is red, and all your pals agree. It will be hard to explain and/or convince you that in fact due to chemist reaction, in fact it isn't red by blue"

2nd- The analysis is pretty limited. In a Multimedia and storytelling platform like animation, is pretty upsetting that what you define as good or bad is pretty shortsighted. You know anime is not made in a vacuum, or is not made just for your sole satisfaction. Storytelling main objective is its diffusion and getting experiences to its audience. A product, an piece of Art, a Story, an Anime is mainly done for others.
That you can't see the importance on how a series affect the populace in general and what types of experience it brings to them makes part of describing a series "quality", shows how little "analysis" is really placed on the subject.


From the problems many people have in critiquing and analyzing a series we have:
- Treating part as the all. (A specific scene or specific scene segments, defines the entire episode/arc/series/studio)
- Impressionable Animation is synonymous of Animation quality.
- Some aspects are valued so high, obviously wrong, that they basically make or break the analysis.
- Wrongly or not all taking in account the context of the series.
- Not understanding the subject matter. And so over valuing some techniques and under valuing others.

The defining of quality is a way more complex and interesting subject matter.
One major defining of anime and of every storytelling article and of any product, its raison d'etre basically, is ... the effect on people..
Because the effect on the audience and the "technical" characteristics of a series are related. Because while you can react off to something, nothing doesn't bring reaction. So is of interest to know about the wide reaction of viewers and by Retro-Engineering try to understand what brought that reaction.

A situation where supposedly One Piece Art, Pace and Animation is bad and/or Horrible. Is relevant that is still highly popular, and it brings good reactions from its audience. This is specially true for Toei Animation.
Instead of being incredulous, not understanding how this is possible and treating it like a singularity just happened. A true analyst/Critic knows there is a reason, and looks for it. And more important keeps an Open Mind.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm just gonna ignore all the anime studio-related posts

hey look! Plus have put out a preview for their new 7 series

https://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/shinrensai_2017/LLQ7o7pB/

Saguri-san Tankentai aside, the mangaka manga and old guy little girl manga looks cool

look like they will be pushing the Slime Life series
Kind of weird to have potentially 3 romcom series coming at the same time at least in my opinion. The new manga writing series looks interesting wonder if it'll be a gag series or not. Guruguri chan expedition makes me think it could be an ecchi series; I'm going to assume it's a "monster hunting" plot with the girls outfit.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
All of them looks either amateurish or ecchi so I will pass. Jump+ have to do better then what it's doing.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All of them looks either amateurish or ecchi so I will pass. Jump+ have to do better then what it's doing.
What did you say!? Got a problem with ecchi?

Just Kidding
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Black clover Tv anime characters design :

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Issue #38 Preview :
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
BC VA Info:
- Magna - Genki Muro (Shuuji Murata in Saiki K)
- Luck - Ayumu Murase (Chuuta Kokonose, Hinata (Haikyuu!!)
- Finral - Jun Fukuyama (Koro-sensei, Yukio Okumura, Lelouch Lamperouge)
- Vanessa - Nana Mizuki (Hinata (Naruto))
- Noelle - Kana Yuuki (Rinslet Laurenfrost (Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance))
- Gauche - Satoshi Hino (Akito Takagi, Kamui, Daichi Sawamura)
- Charmy - Kiyono Yasuno (Megumi Kato (Saekano))
- Gordon - Kenichiro Matsuda (Jei, Kihou, Monga (Naruto Shippuden))

You posted 2 of the same cast listing by the way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
One Piece Colour Spread
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top