Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
It seems that the cover of the 15th volume of BnHA will only have Deku on the cover.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
From weibo:
Thanks! Those are the best types of covers of MHA, since he just focuses on the art and character design instead of trying to make it too elaborate.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Is it one of those connected covers, though? Cause if my eyes ain't playing tricks there seems to be something at Deku's back that got cut off.

Also agree on the simplicity of this cover and other similar ones. I've said it before, but I think Kubo's style probably suits Horikoshi a lot.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
As cute as Toga is, she's a serial killer. I really hope Horikoshi doesn't try to redeem her, and have her join the heroes.
I just want her at UA because she would have more exposure, it took centuries for her to appear before the recent chapters. I don't care as long as she has screentime, I still love her and don't remember her being a serial killer.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
From weibo:
Finally learned how to do covers.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
From weibo:
Great cover!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can see Toga doing something to help out the hero side somewhere down the line.

But I don't think MHA exist in the type of world the crime system just goes "since you helped beat the big bad guy we're not going to lock you up for your past crimes"

Anyway, whenever Toga's time in the series is up I rather she is apprehended rather than killed off completely. And if she helps the heroes at some point I can see her being given a better jail rather than an underground din like AFO and Stain
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If others series promote only their protagonists on volume covers:

"too simple, oversimplistic, they could have done better".

if it's MHA:

"amazing! Great art!, great cover! Finally learned how to do it" etc.

What's the difference in "not that great of a cover between this MHA cover and this one? (that you guys bashed at the time of its release)



I'll tell you:

This one has much more art, the character personality is totally expressed, the details are superb and you can get totally the series "feel".

On MHA? Nothing. Horikoshi probably did not have much time to work on it and you guys are praising it like it got number one 1 in toc or 1 million copies sold.
 
Last edited:

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
If others series promote only their protagonists on volume covers:

"too simple, oversimplistic, they could have done better".

if it's MHA:

"amazing! Great art!, great cover! Finally learned how to do it" etc.
It's more a response to how awkward and inconsistent MHA's covers have been.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's more a response to how awkward and inconsistent MHA's covers have been.
Agreed but this one is not that good. AT ALL.

Ok I just checked all mha volume covers and this one is BY FAR, the WORST of them.

The best one is obviously from volume 11 (I won't accept arguments ty). Even Todoroki standalone cover (from volume 5) is better than this one.
 
Last edited:

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
What's wrong with the RxL cover? I think is pretty good. The one I didn't like was the Dr. Stone one. (and the one from U19, but nobody remembers that manga xd)
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What's wrong with the RxL cover? I think is pretty good. The one I didn't like was the Dr. Stone one. (and the one from U19, but nobody remembers that manga xd)
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. But I'm too lazy to search people bashing for it by the time of its release. You can find it easily several thread pages ago from EXACTLY THE SAME PEOPLE that are praising this one now.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't see what's all the praise about for this cover. It's just Deku looking up and there's not even a background. Some of his solo character cover were great like the Todoroki or Bakugo one, but this one looks pretty meh. I still think the more dynamic covers would be better because the one with Muscular and Deku fighting looks really cool.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't see what's all the praise about for this cover. It's just Deku looking up and there's not even a background. Some of his solo character cover were great like the Todoroki or Bakugo one, but this one looks pretty meh. I still think the more dynamic covers would be better because the one with Muscular and Deku fighting looks really cool.
You have to understand that our expectations towards My Hero Academia covers are low, even more after volume 14 cover, which was terrible. We are not saying that the cover is great, best cover even, we are saying that he made it simple and didn't put irrelevant elements in front of what mattered. It was not great of a cover, but it is a progress, I think.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You have to understand that we expectations towards My Hero Academia covers are low, even more after volume 14 cover, which was terrible. We are not saying that the cover great, best cover even, we are saying that he made it simple and didn't put irrelevant elements in front of what mattered. It was not great of a cover, but it is a progress, I think.
I can't understand this comment. I happened to check them all a couple of minutes ago and the majority of them is just fine (some great). My problem is just this one that hardcorely sucks and you guys are praising it.

And no, this one is not better than any of the others.

Not even the last one with the plague doctor dude.

Also if you check them all you'll easily identify the arc in which the manga is. This one makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, MHA is not that bad nowadays, this week's chapter was great. Not better than Black Clover or Dr. Stone chapter though.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
You said like 4 days ago that it's going downhill, change of heart already? The cover is nothing to get worked up over, it's better than the previous but isn't anything out of the ordinary.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wait is Yuragi's volume cover revealed yet? OR is it just Academia?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's still kinda ridiculous how powerful Asta is in the story. Dude can cancel magic, absorb and release magic, and already can kinda control his demon form, as well as sense ki....and have sorta superhuman strength and durability lmao. Don't see how anyone can beat the guy realisrically outside of persumably the Sorcery Emperor. Besides that I hope the anime looks nice.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Wait is Yuragi's volume cover revealed yet? OR is it just Academia?
Academia's was shown on the colour page of the new Vigilantes chapter. I assume Yuragi will be revealed in the next few days, as per usual.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top