Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
If you remember the Bleach rankings compilation i did back when it ended, One Piece rarely ever left the top 2 during the entire time Bleach ran.
I honestly don't. I originally came to here to discuss SnS and Yuragi ranks with @giathuan2707 and explain why they were ranked as such. Now I mainly lurk the thread to know when spoilers will be out.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Can we start taking bets on next week's axe? Hunter's hiatus means some heads are finally gonna roll.
Are we sure it'll start next week. I thought they'd wait until the GFC entires are done
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Can we start taking bets on next week's axe? Hunter's hiatus means some heads are finally gonna roll.
Hungry Marie and Cross Account.
I think Shoodan will be spared this round.
No new series till after the GFC tho. We'll just get one shots till its over with.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Are we sure it'll start next week. I thought they'd wait until the GFC entires are done
You're right. We're still a month from next serialization.

And GIVE ME IWAMOTO! Or any other VETERAN.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
All these series have a good potential even.
I'm expecting an anime from TPN and YnY.
Why do you think SnS has to end?
It's a good series.
Well it should end soon. I don't think it's all that good for a food manga...I found "recent" food series like Toriko to be far better than SnS but it sadly got axed.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Well all 3 veterans are still serialized. 2 of rookies are dead so yeah I think I got it right huh?
You know that that HM is going to get axed though. If it were the other way around and U19 were still serialized at the bottom you wouldn't count the fact that it's serialized still.

Anyone. Idk why I took your bait this time. I just did
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I checked the last couple years and the axe does not care about GFC.
Does anything at the bottom feel like they're wrapping up?
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Can we start taking bets on next week's axe? Hunter's hiatus means some heads are finally gonna roll.
Hungry Marie dead
Spring Weapon dead
Cross Account dead
And World Trigger will return of hiatus.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
@G_I_A I was explaining to @ChocoBar9 why we are talking about BnHA low ranking in comparison to SnS or BC, to which BnHA has running on a constant high rankings like OP until now.

It's something new and not beaten to death like SnS and BC.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You know that that HM is going to get axed though. If it were the other way around and U19 were still serialized at the bottom you wouldn't count the fact that it's serialized still.

Anyone. Idk why I took your bait this time. I just did
I always wondered why you guys think that I'm baiting...

Yes I know that Marie is already canceled... But the thing is... 2 rookies went downhill waaay sooner. And checking the raws I see no closure for it now...

Just accept that... Veterans HAVE privileges because they are... VETERANS.

The funny thing is that you KNOW this would happen and clearly chose to say otherwise lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@G_I_A I was explaining to @ChocoBar9 why we are talking about BnHA low ranking in comparison to SnS or BC, to which BnHA has running on a constant high rankings like OP until now.

It's something new and not beaten to death like SnS and BC.
Wait, what?

Constant LIKE ONE PIECE? Sir, there's NO SERIES IN HISTORY that is as constant as One Piece. Trust me...

MHA is just above the other series because they are worse than it. MHA lost to Black Clover, Neverland, Kimetsu, Dr. Stone (twice) even with the anime to help...

It's clearly going downhill.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, /r/manga

I really don't lurk there, so I missed it. But the first point is correct, it's basically OP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. There's only one pillar and that's OP.
Now you're exaggerating... If we consider sales we have op, hxh, hq. If we consider tocs we have: op, mha and hq.

Future pillars: black clover, neverland and kimetsu.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
I had forgotten about the Lerche Studio.
It would be nice if the same Monster Musume staff did the Yuragi anime.
The director is doing Black Clover so that might not happen.

Jump hasn't announced any new manga getting anime this year yet, so probably an announcement for Kimetsu, YnY, or Hinomaru at Jump Festa, JSAF or in the magazine sometime before the end of the year. Maybe even Neverland for just a special, although I doubt that.
Still waiting on:
- Kimetsu popularity poll results
- Gintama final popularity poll results
- MHA 3rd popularity poll results
- JSAF 2017 anime specials reveal
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
So HxH is in hiatus again. At this point I would care more about when we're gonna get to the good part of this story arc, if we ever get to see it. This arc has become needlessly complicated and wordy, so it doesn't justify much the hiatus. After so much wait, to receive chapters that feel like dragging the plot more is a bad payoff for the fanbase.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Fuck still waiting on those Kimetsu poll results. Better see Shinobu/Rengoku in the top 3
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, /r/manga

I really don't lurk there, so I missed it. But the first point is correct, it's basically OP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. There's only one pillar and that's OP.
Yeah man, a manga publication that has been active for 50 years can only survive because of one single title.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
HAHA thank you. And yeah I NEVER EVER baited here... I simply express my genuine opinion... Despite One Piece I don't even like jump current series that much (not even the ones that I scanlate and boy I do almost 50% of jump maybe more?)

And trust me I almost 100% comment here what I think it's true even if it's to denegrate a series that I like.
I dont always agree with you, but you're my friend and and you should be proud that you're such an important member of the western manga Edited Manga community.
I love your energy.
Keep being you.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
So HxH is in hiatus again. At this point I would care more about when we're gonna get to the good part of this story arc, if we ever get to see it. This arc has become needlessly complicated and wordy, so it doesn't justify much the hiatus. After so much wait, to receive chapters that feel like dragging the plot more is a bad payoff for the fanbase.
It's not that wordy, just MS stupid translations. It does get wordy even with Viz but far easier to digest than that awful MS translation. If you are using Viz...then I guess it's just preference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top