Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Nothing against Yaiba, but from the little bit I read of it the only studio I see that might pick it ups is Toei. From what I remember it came across as something Toei would animate. As for Yuragi either studio Lerche or studio Xebec would be the most likely to pick it up as an anime in my opinion.
Still don't get why people keep saying Toei, not sure if trolling or Im just failing to see how it would be something Toei would animate. There is Mononoke...which is good but not a lot of their titles are like that, if any at all. Also with Toei it'd be a censor mess.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Nothing against Yaiba, but from the little bit I read of it the only studio I see that might pick it ups is Toei. From what I remember it came across as something Toei would animate. As for Yuragi either studio Lerche or studio Xebec would be the most likely to pick it up as an anime in my opinion.
Dude, Pierrot is "acceptable", but Toei is unacceptable.
Toei has ruined Toriko and World Trigger, with Kimetsu will be no different.
Lerche and Xebec for Yuragi is fine, I would also include J.C Staff.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I would be really upset if it was Toei. I was still a World Trigger fan when the anime was announced; had been reading it since around the start. I was so dissapointed when the anime came out. I don't want Kimetsu to have the same fate, especially since I'm much more attached to it.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Apparently part 5 is the most popular part (?) and that could be the reason why they want to take their time with it. For sure it will be the hardest to animate with arcs like White Album/Notorious B.I.G/Green Day/Oasis arcs are going to be tricky and many others. I'm hyped for part 5 anime the most and wonder how successful it'll be, maybe a fujoshi push too :D
If I've understood it correctly, it's the most popular part in Japan, and the reason for this the female audience, because the main cast is full of pretty boys.
Personally, I love Part 6, Jolyne is great, Pucci was a cool antagonist, and it worked perfectly for me. I know it's controversial among JoJo-fans, but I've just enjoyed this part the most.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
The series picted there are the ones which will have an announcement in the Festa or they're only the popular ones? I hope is the first option, Yaiba, Yuragi and Neverland are there, hype incoming.
No, series that are there are the popular ones, or franchises having something going on. What Jump considers its face to be, you could say.
We won't know what's getting a stage event (where announcements happen) until later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Who are the ones right behind Luffy?
Series are Akuma no Memumemu-chan (Jump+), and Battle Spirits (Saikyo).
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Honestly, I would be ecstatic if Kimetsu got an anime announcement, but at best I would expect an OVA. I don't want to get my hopes up. Yuragi has a much higher chance of getting one though.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Any studio/director you want to see get their hands on Kimetsu No Yaiba & Yuragi? I know it was talked about before but now the possibility is more likely than ever and opinions could change.

I think David Pro learned from DiU's anime, while I loved it, it had a lot out-sourcing and looked off at times. They also had like 2 other animes running around the same time. So with part 5 I think they're taking their time and since it's the most action packed in the franchise, it's best if they do. I want a split-cour with part 5 tbh.

Apparently part 5 is the most popular part (?) and that could be the reason why they want to take their time with it. For sure it will be the hardest to animate with arcs like White Album/Notorious B.I.G/Green Day/Oasis arcs are going to be tricky and many others. I'm hyped for part 5 anime the most and wonder how successful it'll be, maybe a fujoshi push too :D
You know what would hype me more about a JoJo announcement? That DavidPro decides to add more anime original content, oh how good would that be. I'm thankful for reading Part 6 and not that mess it's called Part 5 with its equally as messy and dissapointing aspects, as some have told me.

Now, about new IPs receiving anime, well, yeah, Kimetsu deserves at least a decent studio. Heck I take even Deen this time. I don't care much about who's behind Neverland, and Yuragi is a bet between Xebec and JC Staff, and probably Lerche?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
All of them are too early for an anime. Kimetsu, while its slowly growing, is still a small and niche series. It needs at least a 2 cour first season to get a proper boost. I'm not up to date with the series but how long does it take to get to a Sports Festival level arc? Yuragi might get an announcement at Jump Festa but they should honestly choose carefully how they decide to handle it. Yuragi has the potential to be as big as To love ru but it can still just as easily fail to make it big in its niche. Neverland is honestly a series that requires great care. You can finish the Escape in one cour but the chapters after that seem to be, from what I've heard in the west at least, don't get to the same level of hype yet. Japan seems to be lukewarm on this part on 2ch anyway though there are some dedicated anti-posters.

Also, while we don't have concrete numbers, Part 3 is usually considered to be the most popular part as its what put Jojo on the map and its still iconic and what most people consider to be "Jojo" when you mention the series. Part 5 has been stated to have 10 million copies in print for 17 volumes so its definitely big but there are no official numbers to rank the various parts in popularity.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I think its safe to say Naruto/Boruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Gintama, My Hero Academia will likely all have key stages at Jump Festa. Haikyu is another major possibility and something from either Jump Square or Young Jump will definitely have a key stage. As its Jump Festa 2018 i'm hoping that at least one old series from Jump's catalog is either revived or given a new anime to celebrate 50 years of the magazine.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm sure Black Clover will have a key stage as well.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
All of them are too early for an anime. Kimetsu, while its slowly growing, is still a small and niche series. It needs at least a 2 cour first season to get a proper boost. I'm not up to date with the series but how long does it take to get to a Sports Festival level arc? Yuragi might get an announcement at Jump Festa but they should honestly choose carefully how they decide to handle it. Yuragi has the potential to be as big as To love ru but it can still just as easily fail to make it big in its niche. Neverland is honestly a series that requires great care. You can finish the Escape in one cour but the chapters after that seem to be, from what I've heard in the west at least, don't get to the same level of hype yet. Japan seems to be lukewarm on this part on 2ch anyway though there are some dedicated anti-posters.

Also, while we don't have concrete numbers, Part 3 is usually considered to be the most popular part as its what put Jojo on the map and its still iconic and what most people consider to be "Jojo" when you mention the series. Part 5 has been stated to have 10 million copies in print for 17 volumes so its definitely big but there are no official numbers to rank the various parts in popularity.
Agreed on the Kimetsu 2-cour part, the arc that boosted its popularity in Jump (Spider Family) would need a 2-cour to reach. I don't think the anime would be successful if they don't adapt that.

Yuragi has potential for high anime sales, and a 1-cour could work for a 1st season (would prefer 2 cours though), but it'll definitely have to be handled well to work. The climax in the first serious arc for one.
Anime will be announced at Jump Festa probably, looks too big on the banner to not get something.

I think its safe to say Naruto/Boruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Gintama, My Hero Academia will likely all have key stages at Jump Festa. Haikyu is another major possibility and something from either Jump Square or Young Jump will definitely have a key stage. As its Jump Festa 2018 i'm hoping that at least one old series from Jump's catalog is either revived or given a new anime to celebrate 50 years of the magazine.
Also New Prince of Tennis (gets one every year), and Kekkai Sensen probably.
Neverland and Kimetsu might get some sort of event too.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
If I've understood it correctly, it's the most popular part in Japan, and the reason for this the female audience, because the main cast is full of pretty boys.
Personally, I love Part 6, Jolyne is great, Pucci was a cool antagonist, and it worked perfectly for me. I know it's controversial among JoJo-fans, but I've just enjoyed this part the most.
It was just an assumption on my part but yeah a lot are saying that is the most popular or one of the most. Nothing is concrete.

Part 6 is great. Jolyne is still my favorite. Female lead in manga.
You know what would hype me more about a JoJo announcement? That DavidPro decides to add more anime original content, oh how good would that be. I'm thankful for reading Part 6 and not that mess it's called Part 5 with its equally as messy and dissapointing aspects, as some have told me.

Now, about new IPs receiving anime, well, yeah, Kimetsu deserves at least a decent studio. Heck I take even Deen this time. I don't care much about who's behind Neverland, and Yuragi is a bet between Xebec and JC Staff, and probably Lerche?
Part 5 was amazing, only downside was the ending. The cast is one of the strongest in the franchise IMO. SBR being at the top.

I reject anime only content.
Also, while we don't have concrete numbers, Part 3 is usually considered to be the most popular part as its what put Jojo on the map and its still iconic and what most people consider to be "Jojo" when you mention the series. Part 5 has been stated to have 10 million copies in print for 17 volumes so its definitely big but there are no official numbers to rank the various parts in popularity.
I know. I just keep hearing it and so my assumption is that it has to do with the fact of the fujoshi community or/and the PS2 games. I remember for eyes of heaven, when Bruno was announced live all you can hear was an enormous cheer from the female audience. I'll try to edit the video in if I can find it.

Edit: Found but realized they were screaming for most characters. It's at the 1:48 timestamp

Yea you're right, nothing is concrete.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Jump sales for 11/9 to 17/9 (I only copied stuff that managed to be in the top 50)

7 My Hero Academia 15 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.9.4
14 Food Wars 26 集英社 附田祐斗 2017.9.4
18 The Promised Neverland 5 集英社 出水ぽすか 2017.9.4
25 Kekkai Sensen Back2Back 3 集英社 内藤泰弘 2017.9.4
34 One Piece 86 集英社 尾田栄一郎 2017.8.4
41 Kinnikuman 60 集英社 ゆでたまご 2017.9.4


※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位25000/50位16000/100位7550/200位4250/300位2900/400位2200/500位1800
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Jump sales for 11/9 to 17/9 (I only copied stuff that managed to be in the top 50)

7 My Hero Academia 15 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.9.4
14 Food Wars 26 集英社 附田祐斗 2017.9.4
18 The Promised Neverland 5 集英社 出水ぽすか 2017.9.4
25 Kekkai Sensen Back2Back 3 集英社 内藤泰弘 2017.9.4
34 One Piece 86 集英社 尾田栄一郎 2017.8.4
41 Kinnikuman 60 集英社 ゆでたまご 2017.9.4


※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位25000/50位16000/100位7550/200位4250/300位2900/400位2200/500位1800
Waiting on that hxh volume 35
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Jump sales for 11/9 to 17/9 (I only copied stuff that managed to be in the top 50)

7 My Hero Academia 15 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.9.4
14 Food Wars 26 集英社 附田祐斗 2017.9.4
18 The Promised Neverland 5 集英社 出水ぽすか 2017.9.4
25 Kekkai Sensen Back2Back 3 集英社 内藤泰弘 2017.9.4
34 One Piece 86 集英社 尾田栄一郎 2017.8.4
41 Kinnikuman 60 集英社 ゆでたまご 2017.9.4

※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位25000/50位16000/100位7550/200位4250/300位2900/400位2200/500位1800
Already posted
Shoseki Manga Rankings (11/9-17/9)
7. My Hero Academia #15
14. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma #26
18. The Promised Neverland #5
45. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #7
64. Dr. Stone #2
96. Hinomaru Zumou #16
30位25000/50位16000/100位7550/200位4250/300位2900/400位2200/500位1800
August Sales - Shoseki
1 One Piece 86
3 Haikyuu!! 27
15 Black Clover 12
29 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
36 Hana Nochi Hare ~Hanadan Next Season~ 7
46 We Never Learn 2
76 Fire Punch 6
90 Karada Sagashi 14
106 One Piece Party 3
117 Ao no Flag 2
136 Samon the Summoner 10
140 Kanata no Astra 4
176 Aharen-san wa Hakarenai 1
297 Akuma no Memumemu-chan 3
485 Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 1
※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位123750/50位64400/100位39230/200位25500/300位18600/400位13850/500位11400
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Go Kimetsu! We'll surpass Black clover in sales one day. :hip

Rengoku volume 8 let's gooo
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Already posted


August Sales - Shoseki
1 One Piece 86
3 Haikyuu!! 27
15 Black Clover 12
29 Kimetsu no Yaiba 7
36 Hana Nochi Hare ~Hanadan Next Season~ 7
46 We Never Learn 2
76 Fire Punch 6
90 Karada Sagashi 14
106 One Piece Party 3
117 Ao no Flag 2
136 Samon the Summoner 10
140 Kanata no Astra 4
176 Aharen-san wa Hakarenai 1
297 Akuma no Memumemu-chan 3
485 Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 1
※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位123750/50位64400/100位39230/200位25500/300位18600/400位13850/500位11400

oops, sorry

Aharen-san is doing way better than I thought, I can see vol. 2 making oricon top 50 at this rate
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
341780 (7) │ * 438814 │My Hero Academia 15
221705 (7) │ * 276148 │ Shokugeki no Soma 26
171002 (7) │ * 218239 │ The Promised Neverland 5
*82764 (7) │ * 100775 │ Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 7
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Best performing MHA volume so far. The anime is doing its job.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best performing MHA volume so far. The anime is doing its job.
How would the anime be doing "its job" at selling a volume more than 100 chapters ahead of where the anime is?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top