- Joined
- Aug 5, 2016
- Messages
- 3,330
- Reaction score
- 5,440
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Was hoping for more info on the Kimetsu No Yaiba English release, since they confirmed it at SDCC
Jump Festa 2018 LineupSo apparently Yuuna is getting a stage event at Jump Festa.
Kimetsu is not getting one though according to this. Will have to wait for confirmation when Jump releases about this.
Viz did the same with Bleach and Naruto and One piece It seems They only play catch up with "popular" manga I am mad at viz because They quit Reborn and Gintama a quarter into their series Gintama at 23 volumes and Reborn at 16 I was surprised viz finished all of Hoshin engi and but the one that tick me off the most was how they handle Bobobo releasing the first volume that takes place in the Hanikulani Arc then releasing the first 5 volumes and that's it.It's always annoyed me with Viz that Nisekoi finished 18 months ago and they still haven't finished it. It was in Jump, so all that really needs doing is sfx lettering and finalization for printing, but it's taking so damn long. Same can be said for Bleach and Toriko which are still quite far off as well. Im glad to see they're trying to catch up in MHA (though that probably still means 2-3 volumes behind like all the other series they've 'caught up' in.
And....The Map.anyone noticed that lately Jump Plus oneshots are being received very well by the fans and more talked about than the main magazine oneshots?
it started with Yoru wo higashi ni oneshot then SWORD IN THE CITY oneshot and now Flower for Lonely Witch
Rojiura Bunch, Vocimen, Saguri-chan, Yumizuka Iroha, Macho Gourmet, Magic Eater, and recently Golem Hearts all got serialized relatively soon after being published on Jump Plus so I'm excepting the previous 3 to pop up as a series either in the app or the magazine in the future

Same dude. I want a series like bobobo, just something really weird.Quote me on this. Lycopene will be a success.
In all seriousness though, why do people seem so against funky stuff? It's a good strategy, you see this on the cover and wonder what the hell its about. It draws in readers. I'm personally way more excited to read this than the other two series which will probably just be generic like everything else because I know it'll be different, and different is interesting.
The very fact the art has stirred up such a big discussion here is already a good sign for it. It's already in better position for its debut than. The other two.
Its just disgraceful. The EiC needs to end this series. You just cant send this message of mediocrity to other mangaka. You just cant.shoseki updated again, SW#1 fell off the top 50
yep, that's a WSJ manga that can't stay in top 50 for more than a day, Cross Account and Hungry Marie are still selling way better![]()
Worst selling Jump title to reach 50 chapters ever? Most series cancelled in 10 chapters do better than this smh.shoseki updated again, SW#1 fell off the top 50
yep, that's a WSJ manga that can't stay in top 50 for more than a day, Cross Account and Hungry Marie are still selling way better![]()

.
What Viz usually does is translate the first 3 chapters and have them publish in jump then later in their "Jump Start" segment and i guess if it's not popular among english fans then it'll stay in that section and if it's popular it'll stay in Jump. I believe that's what they did with Hungry Marie and others.I wonder what the main English Jump reader reaction will be to Lycopene, it feels like something most people will skip over because of the art despite it being a pretty dirty comedy when you get past that aspect (though I suppose gag series don't do well in English Jump in general, so it probably wouldn't be highly thought of even if people did read it).
No doubt Golem Hearts will be the runaway winner among English readers of the three but I'm interested in seeing how the other are received anyway. Hopefully they do at least keep one of them, I'm kind of worried they won't be too bothered about getting something new after their 3 big batch picks all being successes.
Well the TOC itself is put together by the deputy EiC so its not an entirely objective ranking. Not to say its doing good, but it must resonate with some demographic in the magazine and get good rankings from them, good enough to stay for a year now despite not even getting to Sumou's low sales hurdle. AT least Sumou has good rankings, or at the least placed pretty high consistently. This series is all over the place.We don't need to read it to talk about it commercially. I can read Japanese, but I have no interest in SW1, but I can talk about it commercially speaking: it sucks, the rankings and the sales suck, I don't know what it is still doing on the magazine.