Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm going to wait until the Black Bulls show up to decide whether or not to drop it. I actually remember enjoying the chapter where Asta and Noelle get toured around the HQ. If I'm still not enjoying it by then, then it's a drop from me.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Unfortunately, dub doesn't save you from the yells as it makes part of the script.
It's the way he yells. I'm not a fan of this specific VA, it could've been any other VA and I wouldn't really complain (as much).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Probably only when HeroAca ends, I can only think of Naruto SD and Soul Eater Not oh and Assassination Classroom as the only mainstream manga that got spinoff series animated.
I mean, that also depends on how long the manga continues and how long Bones continues the anime.
Of HeroAca still has an anime 5 years from now, Vilgilante will have more than enough content, and they could do them at different seasons. If they do it at all that is
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Unfortunately, dub doesn't save you from the yells as it makes part of the script.
It's more so that he's yelling and the voice is annoying to me. Not just the yelling itself
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't really see Vigilantes getting an anime unless the volume sales increase. If I remember correctly, its latest volume sold less than the gag spin off
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Where's the "venerate veterans" crowd? Lycopene is written by Oiji who is a veteran of Jump (Inumaru Dashi). Ah, but this standard probably only refers to manga y'all like correct? ;)
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We don't talk about him anymore, if you know what I mean.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's the way he yells. I'm not a fan of this specific VA, it could've been any other VA and I wouldn't really complain (as much).
If they don't yell properly they are not entering in the spirit of the original dub. I don't think a little kid will yell less annoying, really...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I read Tomatoy Poodle on my way to college, part of the subway trip would be a waste of time if it weren't for this page where I smiled a little bit.
There are a lot of bitches like this one. XD

The comedy was very weak in my point of view, I don't know why even Japanese people would find it especially funny, it had a couple of references about actors and politicians (young Japanese people are politically savvy like that?). It is unfair to compare, but recently I tried Dr. Slump out and I almost wet my pants laughing, so it is really a matter of making good jokes.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
*everybody just ignores my signature ig*
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Here's to hoping Golem Hearts gets "venerated". This poodle just doesn't move the needle.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I don't understand what is going on in Tomato. If it's is a gag manga then i didn't laugh.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Tomato Poodle is cute. But the comedy is almost entirely referencing things just to reference them.
Even though I've never lived in Japan, or have any knowledge of the things being referenced, I can still tell that the references aren't cleverly woven into the comedy.
It's basically just "hey, you know that one famous guy on tv? I'm going to say his name in this panel. Funny, right?"
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I dunno, the comedy I've seen from the Poodle manga works for me. Reminds me of some of the more irreverent/subtle/almost anti-comedy stuff of Adult Swim. Granted that type of comedy is clearly not for everyone so I can't speak as to how I think the manga will fair.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Robot Chicken was at least intriguing enough to check out an episode of it because it was.... well, a robot chicken spazzing out while directing the skits. That's hilarious. This series didn't even move me from the spoiler pics people posted. I have no idea why it's in Jump.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why was G_I_A Banned, was he acting like a doof? also When I saw the black clover anime and asta voice acting and character I thought this:
Peter Griffin: Viewers
Smart Glove: Jump
Special Glove: Black Clover
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I, on the other hand, imagined a more magical setting.
Everything said about Mandrakes applies to Asta as well. XD
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Shoseki Manga Rankings (2/10-8/10)
1. Haikyu!! #28
5. Black Clover #13
6. Gintama #70
7. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #8
10. Robot x Laserbeam #2
11. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. #23
12. We Never Learn #3
36. Cross Account #1
48. Hungry Marie #2
145. Spring Weapon No.01 #4

76. Black Clover #1
91. Black Clover #2
103. Black Clover #12
122. Black Clover #3
137. Black Clover #4
147. Black Clover #5
170. Black Clover #6
171. Black Clover #11
177. Black Clover #7
182. Black Clover #10
185. Black Clover #9
187. Black Clover #8

30位18700/50位13250/100位7550/200位4350/300位3050/400位2300/500位1800
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top