- Joined
- May 8, 2008
- Messages
- 1,056
- Reaction score
- 915
- Age
- 37
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
This is kinda offtopicish but going back to MangaStream's $5 dollar donation thingy, most people wouldn't be seeing enough ads for MS to get $5 out of adwords, I'm guessing at the very least you would need around 3,000 impressions if you see and ad on every page but you don't... I don't have adblock, but I don't think I have ever seen an ad on Mangastream.. At least they aren't as prominent as in other sites where you see like at least 2-3 while reading..
But obviously MangaStream knows not even a very little fraction of the people who reads would donate, let's suppose there is 1 million people reading from them every month, if .001% of people donate, that's 'just' 1,000 people.. And I still doubt 1,000 people would donate, but who knows..
I liked that they are now translating New Prince of Tennis which was left without a translator group (I think? I remember there was a long drought for NPoT chapters), and I would probably donate if they included a poll of sorts where you can vote or give them ideas to translate manga that aren't being officially simulpubed, e.g. Yowamushi Pedal or Gintama (Though I don't read Gintama, Idk how far behind Edited Mangas are, but it's just an example of a manga that isn't simulpubed and is popular)..
I know Shueisha's Jump Titles are simulpubed in US WSJ, and Crunchyroll simulpubs Kodansha's most important titles, right? But are Shogakukan and Akita Shoten titles simulpubed in the US?
I ask because I know that Yowamushi is published by Yen Press BUT they don't simulpub it, even though they do simulpub certain manga..
So yeah, I would donate those $5 if they gave options to vote for series that aren't simulpubbed or also to translate old manga, for example I have always wanted to read 90s titles like Ninku, Hell Teacher Nube, Midori no Makibao, among others..
But obviously MangaStream knows not even a very little fraction of the people who reads would donate, let's suppose there is 1 million people reading from them every month, if .001% of people donate, that's 'just' 1,000 people.. And I still doubt 1,000 people would donate, but who knows..
I liked that they are now translating New Prince of Tennis which was left without a translator group (I think? I remember there was a long drought for NPoT chapters), and I would probably donate if they included a poll of sorts where you can vote or give them ideas to translate manga that aren't being officially simulpubed, e.g. Yowamushi Pedal or Gintama (Though I don't read Gintama, Idk how far behind Edited Mangas are, but it's just an example of a manga that isn't simulpubed and is popular)..
I know Shueisha's Jump Titles are simulpubed in US WSJ, and Crunchyroll simulpubs Kodansha's most important titles, right? But are Shogakukan and Akita Shoten titles simulpubed in the US?
I ask because I know that Yowamushi is published by Yen Press BUT they don't simulpub it, even though they do simulpub certain manga..
So yeah, I would donate those $5 if they gave options to vote for series that aren't simulpubbed or also to translate old manga, for example I have always wanted to read 90s titles like Ninku, Hell Teacher Nube, Midori no Makibao, among others..

