Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Man, they really want Black Clover to be big. It fells like they are trying really hard and it's not working.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...t-4-black-clover-episodes-in-theaters/.123900

Anyway, make sure to get your tickets to listen to Asta yell on the big screen.
I mean, I don't see it ever being a massive hit moving millions, but it's been 5 episodes. Like, give it time. The anime has barely cover anything so far. The good parts will come later. It's 51 episodes. That's a whole year worth of episodes.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I mean, I don't see it ever being a massive hit moving millions, but it's been 5 episodes. Like, give it time. The anime has barely cover anything so far. The good parts will come later. It's 51 episodes. That's a whole year worth of episodes.
How much time? I see it doing World Trigger numbers at best atm.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Started reading Kimetsu no Yaiba and was pretty surprised at how enjoyable this is. The series is a surprisingly quick read even though I read it in Japanese. Must be because of how easy the dialogue and vocabulary in there are I guess. Some shonen manga take me way longer to read for the same amount of pages.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
How much time? I see it doing World Trigger numbers at best atm.
I don't know. What I'm sure is that 5 episodes isn't enough time to judge what will happen.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
In actual movie news, Saiki Kusuo is holding up well. It's grossed $5,984,880
.
Man, they really want Black Clover to be big. It fells like they are trying really hard and it's not working.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...t-4-black-clover-episodes-in-theaters/.123900

Anyway, make sure to get your tickets to listen to Asta yell on the big screen.
Crunchyroll has been trying to make movie nights a thing for while. They've flopped pretty hard (even Inhumans posted some sales).

This rebrand is actually smaller since Black Clover's only getting 200 'theaters.' It'll be a miracle if this shows any results.
How much time? I see it doing World Trigger numbers at best atm.
At the moment, it supposedly has reached WT numbers. These were the backlog sales from last week.

**13209 *194163 Volume 13
***9078 *341441 Volume 12
***8769 *327502 Volume 11
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Golem hearts chapter was pretty good, best chap so far
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
In actual movie news, Saiki Kusuo is holding up well. It's grossed $5,984,880
.
Nice! I'm glad to see that the movie is doing well since the series is absolutely hilarious. There's not a single character that isn't amazing
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Viz translators are starting to erk me with this new found fascination with the term "space case." What the heck.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I did a little research, and comproved that World Trigger true boost came just in Volume 9, that went on sale in January (the anime started in October...). Actually, Black Clover is doing better than WT in daily rankings, even with old volumes. So, if World Trigger boost came in 3 months (it surpassed Gintama and actually sell +/-370K), we can wait a little more for Black Clover and hope for a boost.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
So, MHA have a little bost in shoseki 9/11, what's the reason for the bost?

I did a little research, and comproved that World Trigger true boost came just in Volume 9, that went on sale in January (the anime started in October...). Actually, Black Clover is doing better than WT in daily rankings, even with old volumes. So, if World Trigger boost came in 3 months (it surpassed Gintama and actually sell +/-370K), we can wait a little more for Black Clover and hope for a boost.
January episode was Jin battle. Also , is well know that arround these chapter the series began to being popular.
Black Clover doesn't have a point like Miwa introduction, the second season of MHA, the spider arc of Kimetsu, etc ...
We will see but stop overreacting.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
So, MHA have a little bost in shoseki 9/11, what's the reason for the bost?
What are you referring to in particular? I don't notice any boost in the list.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, MHA have a little bost in shoseki 9/11, what's the reason for the bost?


January episode was Jin battle. Also , is well know that arround these chapter the series began to being popular.
Black Clover doesn't have a point like Miwa introduction, the second season of MHA, the spider arc of Kimetsu, etc ...
We will see but stop overreacting.
We have the Dungeon Arc and the Royal Capital Arc (to me, the best one so far), the arcs that consolidated BC's popularity. I'm not overreacting nothing, just cheering as a fan.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
What are you referring to in particular? I don't notice any boost in the list.
98 9784088812021 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.9.4
269 9784088811758 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.6.2
314 9784088810492 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.4.4
338 9784088808093 僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.11.4
410 9784088806549 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.4.4
428 9784088807799 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.9.2
430 9784088806891 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.6.3
457 9784088810041 僕のヒーローアカデミア 12 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.2.3
485 9784088806075 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.2.4
486 9784088802978 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 集英社 堀越耕平 2015.1.5
487 9784088802640 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 集英社 堀越耕平 2014.11.4

We have the Dungeon Arc and the Royal Capital Arc (to me, the best one so far), the arcs that consolidated BC's popularity. I'm not overreacting nothing, just cheering as a fan.
Those arc doesn't affect nothing to Black Clover.
World trigger's Jin introduction make the serie begin to sell and become quite popular in japan(the first volume sell less than 10k if I remember well). Those arc you talk about BC only make some people who read manga to like the series in the west (the casual would read the series anyways).
Black Clover never have a Soul Society , a Spider arc or the Jin's introoduction/battle who made Japan go to read/buy the manga. His grow was like all the other sucessfull series.
Of course those arc can give a bost but still, is a bad comparation
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
98 9784088812021 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.9.4
269 9784088811758 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.6.2
314 9784088810492 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.4.4
338 9784088808093 僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.11.4
410 9784088806549 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.4.4
428 9784088807799 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.9.2
430 9784088806891 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.6.3
457 9784088810041 僕のヒーローアカデミア 12 集英社 堀越耕平 2017.2.3
485 9784088806075 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 集英社 堀越耕平 2016.2.4
486 9784088802978 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 集英社 堀越耕平 2015.1.5
487 9784088802640 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 集英社 堀越耕平 2014.11.4


Those arc doesn't affect nothing to Black Clover.
World trigger's Jin introduction make the serie begin to sell and become quite popular in japan(the first volume sell less than 10k if I remember well). Those arc you talk about BC only make some people who read manga to like the series in the west (the casual would read the series anyways).
Black Clover never have a Soul Society , a Spider arc or the Jin's introoduction/battle who made Japan go to read/buy the manga. His grow was like all the other sucessfull series.
Of course those arc can give a bost but still, is a bad comparation
Hmm, respect your opinion, but I still don't think so. It was from the Dungeon Arc and Royal Capital Arc that BC began to receive constant color pages and the people finally had contact with the real action of the manga, in addition to deepening secondary characters (such as Fuegoleon and Leopold, for example. I think his "death" is the most shocking thing in the manga so far, it was unexpected and the fans were loving the character).
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
GH 3: I'm glad we're finally going to the plot. I like the relationship between Noah and his master, but the emotional moments were starting to get contrived.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I did a little research, and comproved that World Trigger true boost came just in Volume 9, that went on sale in January (the anime started in October...). Actually, Black Clover is doing better than WT in daily rankings, even with old volumes. So, if World Trigger boost came in 3 months (it surpassed Gintama and actually sell +/-370K), we can wait a little more for Black Clover and hope for a boost.
Well we'll see at the end of this month where BC lies in the top 30 yearly sales and it'll get a new volume in December.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that HxH was coming back in later this year, was that true or was it just made up stuff?
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that HxH was coming back in later this year, was that true or was it just made up stuff?
It's true Togashi said it in his author comment:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Tite Kubo interview part 2
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top