Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Yes, of course Gintama is having a natural ending, it's just a question of how long it will take and if the magazine wants to celebrate it in any way. There's also the fact that the anime is beginning adapting the very same final arc soon too. What concerns the story, it has began the fight against the final villain, and is at the villain's domination part right now. There can be just a few chapters remaining, or a little more, depending if Sorachi want to do an epilogue.
Oh I knew Gintama was going to have a natural ending, I just didn't know how close the final arc seemed to ending. Thanks for explaining it, I hope to go through the whole series on day since it seems really funny and interesting. Keeping that in mind, I'd say Cross Account ends first with the conclusion already being in motion, Shudan in the next issue with this timeskip serving as an extended epilogue, then Gintama concludes before HxH returns.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
For Gintama, normaly chapter #662 & #663 will conclude 73th volume. After that, will be 9 chapters for 74th volume. So perhaps serie will end in 11th chapters means 26/02 or continue with a 75th volume (so 20 chapters yet) means end 30/04.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I see, so did people really hate the ending or was it was fake outrage and shippers mainly?
After reaching its peak in the Arrancar arc, Bleach sales have dropped by more than a half during the last five years of its run. Its has also become a bottom ranker in the magazine during the same time. That speaks enough about how real was the dissatisfaction of the target audience.

but didn't Kubo say he isn't working on anything new like days ago?
You believed him, so I guess that proves Kubo hasn't become rusty in the meantime.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I didn't dislike the Boze oneshot from what I remember. It could be fun if the authored developed the idea more
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
For Gintama, normaly chapter #662 & #663 will conclude 73th volume. After that, will be 9 chapters for 74th volume. So perhaps serie will end in 11th chapters means 26/02 or continue with a 75th volume (so 20 chapters yet) means end 30/04.
Thanks for the precise numbers.

Unless volume 73 is planned to be longer than usual, we will most likely get to enjoy Gintama for at least the next quarter of the year then.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's never any predicting with Gintama. All the characters have finished their character arcs besides the main villain. There's no characters with any stated goals beyond beating the main villain or recurring characters who haven't shown up. All the threats depend on defeating him. They're at the "all hope is lost" point right now. So I dunno what's gonna happen as far as beating him.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I see, so did people really hate the ending or was it was fake outrage and shippers mainly? Or are you guys just hyped for his art? I finished fullbringer arc in the anime like a month ago before taking a break so I’m not even at the war arc yet.
The guy wrote some good stuff but I agree with them, the ending was crap. The 1000 year war arc is the best of bleach imo. So seeing something new from Kubo i have high hopes
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
There's never any predicting with Gintama. All the characters have finished their character arcs besides the main villain. There's no characters with any stated goals beyond beating the main villain or recurring characters who haven't shown up. All the threats depend on defeating him. They're at the "all hope is lost" point right now. So I dunno what's gonna happen as far as beating him.
Even then, just Gintoki getting his resolve from the rest of the cast, final clash and epilogue should take longer than that. Especially if gorilla wants to do a comedy mini arc of an epilogue, similarly how Beelzebub did in a spin-off magazine.

Maybe he really wasn't and he just likes a challenge.
"Two weeks for a new oneshot? No backgrounds and you'll have it in one, I can make it in three days if you don't need characters either."
Fashion always was his one true calling.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
So since hxh is coming back when do yall expect to see volume 35?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The guy wrote some good stuff but I agree with them, the ending was crap. The 1000 year war arc is the best of bleach imo. So seeing something new from Kubo i have high hopes
My thing is: I’ve always wondered where the hell does this reactionary trauma come from when you get so jaded by a certain phase or an arc in a series to where you look down on yourself for ever liking it? Wut? Around Naruto’s ending you had YouTube celebrities saying that Tobi=Obito was the worst plot twist and Kaguya was such a shitty final villain to where Naruto was a series they’ll never recommend to someone even though they’ve been fans all their life? What’s crazy? I agree bigly Kaguya was pretty awful (it could be dumb but I’m a fan of Obito so that reveal was great :mono). Why do we love to hate, just to love again? Just get over it lol.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Holy shit, I disappear for a few hours, and this thread blows up. Some good stuff coming out soon, wonder when we'll get any info on the new one-shots or serializations.

Also, my two cents on Kubo returning: it's great to see him return (even though the final arc was pretty lackluster). I'm mainly looking forward to 1) seeing his character designs and art again, and 2) seeing what kind of one-shot he does. I'm wondering if it's a one shot with a completely new story, or if it's one that's set in the Bleach universe that focuses on a character or set of characters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My thing is: I’ve always wondered where the hell does this reactionary trauma come from when you get so jaded by a certain phase or an arc in a series to where you look down on yourself for ever liking it? Wut? Around Naruto’s ending you had YouTube celebrities saying that Tobi=Obito was the worst plot twist and Kaguya was such a shitty final villain to where Naruto was a series they’ll never recommend to someone even though they’ve been fans all their life? What’s crazy? I agree bigly Kaguya was pretty awful (it could be dumb but I’m a fan of Obito so that reveal was great :mono). Why do we love to hate, just to love again? Just get over it lol.
Rabid fanbases. Probably the same people that raged over the ending of Bleach just because it wasn't the IchiRuki ending. Just can't reason with those type of people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
So since hxh is coming back when do yall expect to see volume 35?
The end of the year. Except we don't know which end and which year.

On a different note, digital Kuroko and Haikyuu are on sale at Viz if anyone is interested.
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States

#neverforget
Why me sad? Sorry I am strong,

I remember the Boze one shot. It had a lot of problems with it, but it has potential to be a battle shounen so I will overlook everything,
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Off Topic but to answer (or attempting to) couple days ago about the news BnHA game http://mhaoj.bn-ent.net
It might be a switch game that Bandai Namco plan to reveal along with 5 unannounced games on Dec 15th. Keep an eye out if you're interested.
------

I would like to see Matsui returning.

Can't wait to see what Kubo and Komi have in store for us.

Hopefully Tamura coming back stronger, Kawashita Mizuki coming back is surprising, she has Gunjou ni Siren which is ongoing (6 volumes) right now. Nishio Ishin is a hit or miss, i enjoy Medaka Box but couldn't get into Monogatari series, never like Shimabukuro's artwork but welcome back.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Let's see:

''Issue #06:Furumi no Yomikiri (古見の読切)'' -> is that another new serie, or is the oneshot by Nisekoi author?

-BOZEBEATS looks like an action manga in Edo period
-Actor - Story looks for me is going to be another romance manga in the style of Cross Account (rip them anyways) or it can be something with humor in the line of Sket Dance.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I thought Bleach was an absolute mess during the last arc. However, I still think that Kubo is very talented. I've wanted to see him write something new for a long time, so this should be interesting.

As for Hunter x Hunter returning, I'm not even sure if I'm prepared to read it anymore. My investment has finally flatlined after these constant hiatuses.
Off Topic but to answer (or attempting to) couple days ago about the news BnHA game http://mhaoj.bn-ent.net
It might be a switch game that Bandai Namco plan to reveal along with 5 unannounced games on Dec 15th. Keep an eye out if you're interested.
I wonder what type of game it'll be. I'd like it to be a 2D fighter since I'm into that sort of stuff, but a musuo game like One Piece Pirate Warriors would be cool too. In any case, I'd be excited for a proper console game based on MHA.
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Like others, Im excited to see what Kubo does. The actual ending (final chapter) was fine, the only people you’ll see mad about it are shippers, and you should be ignoring them anyway for reading a series for such a dumb reason. The conclusion to the final battle, the entire final arc, and the Fullbring arc were all beyond terrible though. You know, everything past the “ending” that the series didn’t actually “end” at...

I’m looking forward to Kubo working on something fresh that he obviously isn’t bogged down on though.

About the MHA game, I hope it’s not Musou. Not sure why Japan seems to have an obsession with making Musou games. Playing one was enough to make me sick of the entire genre forever, and two enough to drive me crazy. Proper fighting game please!

I’ve long since lost the ability to get excited over HxH returning, I just can’t enjoy it with so many breaks. Honestly at this point I’d just prefer a new serialization in its place, even if it’s fodder, but I guess that’s cool for those that still get excited over it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top