- Joined
- Nov 5, 2017
- Messages
- 1,929
- Reaction score
- 877
- Country
-
The studio will be crucial, since Neverland has a very stunning and unique art style that will be hard to adapt for animation properly, sure, the staff will also be crucial, but a solid studio with a very strong core will be essential to deliver on the production values consistently throughout the entire anime, some studios simply have better staff members overall. If you thought the first chapters were boring, fine, that's your opinion, but I found them very intense, filled with mystery and intrigue. The chances it only gets an anime after the manga finishes are extremely low, the last time it happened for a WSJ manga was for Level E I think and that was a special exception and I guess the new Jojo adaptations also apply here, but that's also an adaptation of an old manga, there was also a romantic series from 2008 that got an anime after the manga finished I think, can't remember what it was, it had like 4 volumes + Shuisha are interested in promoting their series as quickly as possible, especially when it's taking off so quickly and so well, they want the series to go to the next level and there is no way they'll take the movie approach, why would they do that, whenever has that happened for a WSJ adaptation?I think your missing a few big aspect on whether a TPN anime is done "good " it doesn't completely matter on the studio, though personally that only matter .001% if the anime is good or not to me, is how well the story is able to translate over well to a movement based medium. To continue on this train of thought would anime only watchers find the series interesting and actually bother watching, I read the first few chapters of the manga and found it kind of a boring read so would others find the anime that way if they don't read the manga. There's also the possibility it may only receive its anime after it finishes publication, it's a low chance but it's there none the less, as it be a way to milk the series twice once during it's initial run the next during the anime release or like I've been saying that they could do a series of movies.
As for Kimetsu the only thing I'll say about it is that the studio most likely to pick it up and I can be hated for saying this but is most likely Toei the few chapters I've read the series screams Toei so take that in stride heck I knew even before the Black Clover anime was announced it was most likely going to get Perriot and in my opinion, which is an unpopular one depending of who you ask, there not doing that bad a job of adapting the series. You'll most likely watch the anime if they make it anyway so there isn't much point in complaining on who gets the rights to animate it.
I don't hate you for thinking Kimetsu is a good pick for Toei, I will disagree though. I also personally assumed Pierrot or Toei would get Black Clover. I don't think Toei are a good fit because I know they won't be able to respect the manga's art style, which is a crucial part of the manga.
Some series have more generic designs for their characters and they lend themselves to getting adapted into animation pretty easily even if the studios adapting the manga tone down some distinctive features the characters had in the manga, without really making that much of a difference.
For some series that just doesn't work, I'm looking at series like Boku no Hero for example, here they truly couldn't afford to take any massive liberties in the anime character designs and make the characters look more generic because it would've taken away a huge part of the identity of the series, the character designs are just that distinctive, they really had to respect the designs to the smallest detail.
Neverland and Kimetsu both fall into the category where they'll need to respect the art styles properly or they'll strip away the series of a very distinctive crucial key feature. For Neverland and Kimetsu the character designs aren't the only striking part of the art work, in general the aesthetic for the two is a crucial part of the series and storytelling, that needs to be respected when adapted into animation.
You are wrong, I will not watch the anime if it's a shit adaptation, I will continue to read the manga though and just brush it off, since you can't do much about things like these and I guess I'd keep my hopes up the manga gets a good boost in sales. There is a point in complaining who gets an anime, I want the series I like and appreciate to get a good treatment and not a shit one, since a lot of series from Jump have been getting good adaptations recently, it's nothing too complicated, if BNHA managed to get lucky and get the best possible outcome for an adaptation for example, I'll hope that the same happens to Kimetsu and Neverland.