Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Who is yonkou and why should I be interested?
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
Oh, so Ao no Flag is selling well. I don't know the Shonen Jump + standards but besides World's End Harem that sells a lot it's a good number, it isn't?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Jump page announcing the 50th anniversary oneshots

I didn't check manga news for over a week and that's the week Kubo's one shot announcement comes out and the sales figures that shows just how well MHA is doing. *smh*

I'm so excited. I know Kubo is very talented. His portrayal of the fan sending him a fan letter, which he put on twitter, shows how talented he is.
That said, with his health, I honestly doubt this would turn into an actual serialization, as much as I'd love that. He himself stated very recently that he ended Bleach because of his health and just got it to an end which he thought was acceptable to him.

I'm gonna assume WSJ approached him for a one-shot and he obliged.

Also, about MHA sales. I wanna say "I told you so" to some people arguing that the 2nd season won't have an impact but I guess others have already done it for me. So I'm cool with it.
Given how the best fight of the series is still yet to be animated, it can only go further higher from here.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Shoseki daily sales for Jump comics first day 12/4

1-Haikyuu #29
2-One Punch Man #15
3-Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back #4
4-Black Clover #14
5-Kimetsu no Yaiba #9
6-Gintama #71
7-We Never Learn #4
9-Robot x Laserbeam #3
10-Kono Oto Tomare! #16
11-Dr. Stone #3
12-New Prince of Tennis #22
14-Dokyuu ****** HxEros #2
16-Blue Flag #3
17-Cross Account #2
20-Aharen-san wa Hakarenai #2
21-Karada Sagashi #16
24-Akuma no Memumemu-chan #4
28-Black Torch #3
29-Hungry Marie #4
30-Hungry Marie #3
38-Hidarikiki no Eren #1
39-Food Fighter Tabelu #6
49-Route End #3
54-Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume #6
56-I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year. #3
59-High-Risk Mission Therapy #1
87-Backstreet Bunch #1
89-Shuukyoku Engage #3
104-Dorei Yuugi #2
124-The Friends-Eater Classroom #1
180-Aisareru yori ○-saretai #2
221-Higuma no Te
344-Momiji no Kisetsu
387-School of Aejuma-sama #1


all of Plus new manga are not doing so well, with exception of Hidarikiki no Eren which is a redrawn manga based on a webcomic
Togashi's recommendation didn't do anything for Shuukyoku Engage's sales
and lol at Giga miniseries, why did they even bother giving them a print release
We Never Learn doing well is lovely to see, same goes for Aharen-san. Aharen seems like it gets special chapters in the various Jump printed magazines fairly often for a Jump+ title.
Cross Account 3 + 4 (cancelled)
Not surprised there. It just couldn't really compete with the other series in Jump. Maybe in would've fared better in a different magazine, but it is what it is. Shudan's chance of survival still looking grim, but I've been surprised before. I looked up the author, and I had no idea he's been around for that long and that he wrote Chikan Otoko (one of the first series I ever read that helped get me into manga). I find his art style really cute, so I hope that if Shudan doesn't work out, he finds another venue for his next series quickly.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Official Trailer Announcement
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Something tells me it will be a Musou game.
Looks like just a quick cashgrab. I bet thats an Omega force game.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Shoseki daily sales for Jump comics first day 12/4

1-Haikyuu #29
2-One Punch Man #15
3-Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back #4
4-Black Clover #14
5-Kimetsu no Yaiba #9
6-Gintama #71
7-We Never Learn #4
9-Robot x Laserbeam #3
10-Kono Oto Tomare! #16
11-Dr. Stone #3
12-New Prince of Tennis #22
14-Dokyuu ****** HxEros #2
16-Blue Flag #3
17-Cross Account #2
20-Aharen-san wa Hakarenai #2
21-Karada Sagashi #16
24-Akuma no Memumemu-chan #4
28-Black Torch #3
29-Hungry Marie #4
30-Hungry Marie #3
38-Hidarikiki no Eren #1
39-Food Fighter Tabelu #6
49-Route End #3
54-Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume #6
56-I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year. #3
59-High-Risk Mission Therapy #1
87-Backstreet Bunch #1
89-Shuukyoku Engage #3
104-Dorei Yuugi #2
124-The Friends-Eater Classroom #1
180-Aisareru yori ○-saretai #2
221-Higuma no Te
344-Momiji no Kisetsu
387-School of Aejuma-sama #1


all of Plus new manga are not doing so well, with exception of Hidarikiki no Eren which is a redrawn manga based on a webcomic
Togashi's recommendation didn't do anything for Shuukyoku Engage's sales
and lol at Giga miniseries, why did they even bother giving them a print release
Isn't RobotxLaserbeam selling more than Bokuben?

Please, don't be thats the sales are dropping.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Second volume of RobotxLaserbeam is back
217 9784088812175 ROBOT×LASERBEAM 2 集英社 藤巻忠俊 2017.10.4

First volume too
471 9784088811857 ROBOT×LASERBEAM 1 集英社 藤巻忠俊 2017.7.4
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I should thank Shueisha for that Black Clover game. Now nobody can say that Toriko is the biggest pushed series of WSJ.
Also poor Asta's VA. Now he will have to scream for the anime and a game.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But every jump anime gets a game. How is BLack Clover any different.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But every jump anime gets a game. How is BLack Clover any different.
Yeah. Saiki had a 3DS game, MHA had a 3DS game and now a console game. It's pretty normal, most of WSJ has a game in some moment, either without or with a anime.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Isn't RobotxLaserbeam selling more than Bokuben?
Please, don't be thats the sales are dropping.
Relax, it's just the first day of sales.
Probably in the next few days when RxL appears on the Oricon, it will be selling more than WNL.
I think the only possibility of WNL selling more than RxL, should be because of this:

Have managed to attract many people.
I do not think that's going to happen.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Extremely excited for the game. That's a pretty huge budget game, the graphics are amazing, can't wait to see some teaser showing action.

I'm more than happy seeing BokuBen consolidated with sales. It's the best romcom I ever read so far in Jump, the mangaka's very decent, I never liked so much all the girls the way I like BokuBen girls. Dr. Stone I hated at the start, now it's one of the most exciting series to me in the magazine.
 
Last edited:

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Second volume of RobotxLaserbeam is back
217 9784088812175 ROBOT×LASERBEAM 2 集英社 藤巻忠俊 2017.10.4

First volume too
471 9784088811857 ROBOT×LASERBEAM 1 集英社 藤巻忠俊 2017.7.4
It's good to see the old volumes in Shoseki.
I hope it will increase more in sales.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
But every jump anime gets a game. How is BLack Clover any different.
Most series don't get a PS4/PC game after less than 3 years of serialization. Or where are the Shokugeki, Haikyuu, Toriko, Beelzebub, Psyren, Nurariyhon PS4/PC games?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Relax, it's just the first day of sales.
Probably in the next few days when RxL appears on the Oricon, it will be selling more than WNL.
I think the only possibility of WNL selling more than RxL, should be because of this:

Have managed to attract many people.
I do not think that's going to happen.
Could that text really have been so effective? Lol.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
NEW 12/25 ジャンプ DRAGON BALL外伝 転生したらヤムチャだった件 ドラゴン画廊・リー/鳥山 明
延期
1/4 → 2/2
ファイアパンチ 8 400

2/2 → 3月
スライムライフ 2
心臓に杭を打ちつけて 2
左ききのエレン 2
DB Yamcha Reincarnation gets another reprint on Christmas Day.
Fire Punch #8 release moved to Feb 2nd.
Slime Life #2, Drive a Stake into the Heart #2, Hidarikiki no Eren #2 releases moved to March.

https://www.tbsradio.jp/206049
Next TBS radio guest (Dec 16th): Masakazu Katsura (I”s/Video Girl Ai/Zetman)
They’re also asking for questions for future mangaka planned, including:
- Yuto Tsukuda
- Sho Makura (Hell Teacher Nube writer)
- Yoshinori Nakai (Kinnikuman, 1/2 of Yudetamago duo)
- Koji Ooishi (Lycopin, Inumarudashi)
- Tsunomaru (Midori no Makibao)
- Satoshi Ikezawa (Circuit no Ookami)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Most series don't get a PS4/PC game after less than 3 years of serialization. Or where are the Shokugeki, Haikyuu, Toriko, Beelzebub, Psyren, Nurariyhon PS4/PC games?
Odd, I dont remember PS4 being a thing when Beelzebub, Psyren, or even Nura were running. Quite sure Toriko was already in its sunset days by then so it wouldnt hadve made sense. I certainly cant be the only one. Vita is kind of dead if one wants their aniGame to go outside of JPN, and 3DS is also in its sunsettting days.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Second volume of RobotxLaserbeam is back
217 9784088812175 ROBOT×LASERBEAM 2 集英社 藤巻忠俊 2017.10.4

First volume too
471 9784088811857 ROBOT×LASERBEAM 1 集英社 藤巻忠俊 2017.7.4
Looks like all 3 of We Never Learn's previous volumes were also in the top 500, actually the top 250.
183 9784088812144 ぼくたちは勉強ができない 3 集英社 筒井大志 2017.10.4
188 9784088811116 ぼくたちは勉強ができない 1 集英社 筒井大志 2017.6.2
212 9784088811956 ぼくたちは勉強ができない 2 集英社 筒井大志 2017.8.4
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I've been here since 2009 and I don't really know who that is...a YouTube guy who talks about manga I'd have to assume. Definitely the type of thing I'd avoid, so it's easy to imagine others have as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top