Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Hey everyone, bit of a random question, but I figured I'd ask here since it seems like a slow news time and relates to WSJ. I've been seeing some year 2017 average TOC placement for all of the series that have been serialized in WSJ (including the cancelled/irregular ones), and noticed that some have some minor discrepancies. Does anyone know if these averages include weeks where a series gets a color page, or whether new series that start during the year begin being ranked (in these averages) starting at their first or eighth chapter? I was thinking about running a computation of my own, but I didn't want to churn out numbers that were incorrectly computed.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Only one of those one shots looks appealing (i guess the final one if thats a boy).
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I can't see all the names from that image

but since there is 18 pic instead of 19, it looks like Isobee author is doing something

other than that there's Macho Gourmet miniseries author, he's only writing Fleaght oneshot, I guess all the people spamming his twitter account after Macho Gourmet and telling him he can only draw one face really got to him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
edit 2: ok, Jump Plus updated their website with clear oneshots previews

https://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1712/winter_yomikiri/

Isobee author is doing Isobee special chapter or something

I skimmed through the names, they're mostly rookies

the oneshot with the kindergartner is being done by some guy that used to have series on the dead Shonen Rival

first oneshot is by a guy that wrote Butaizemi on good! Afternoon
 
Last edited:

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
MHA movie has same staff as The Tv anime, I wonder if they can handle both in same time...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
MHA movie has same staff as The Tv anime, I wonder if they can handle both in same time...
Heroaca fans ought to offer fervent prayers that the tv anime is done before airing. Though, it could also be the movie opens at the end of the summer or folks are moved OFF doing the tv show. Bring in new faces for s3.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
MHA movie has same staff as The Tv anime, I wonder if they can handle both in same time...
Pretty much what I said and the fact that Bones is doing like 2 or 3 other movies aside from MHA is worrisome.

Apparently they moved S3 to their third studio?
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
I have faith with Bones but I sure prey for them to not fuck the 3rd season.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Issue 4/5 Preview
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dorksta always looks so cool. For someone whose magic is never giving up, he always gets the best poses.

Boruto always looks so amazing same for Soma.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
MHA movie has same staff as The Tv anime, I wonder if they can handle both in same time...
I think that's a placeholder. The only bews is that Horikoshi is writing an original story for it ala Oda with Strong World and Kishimoto with Road To Ninja.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Pretty much what I said and the fact that Bones is doing like 2 or 3 other movies aside from MHA is worrisome.
Not really a big deal since this happens all the time with studios and big theater releases coinciding with ongoing anime. Hell Bones was working on S2 alongside the Eureka Seven movie.
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Saiki Kusuo S2 Anime CM
The first episode of the series will be a collaboration with the currently airing Gintama.series. The anime will broadcast Wednesdays at 1:35 a.m. via TV Tokyo, followed by TV Hokkaido, TV Aichi, TV Osaka, TV Setouchi, TVQ Kyushu Housou starting January 17, 2018.
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No more daily 5 minute episode?
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Movies tend to have really long production process, 6-9 months are not long at all. I wonder if the movie is already in production.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, bit of a random question, but I figured I'd ask here since it seems like a slow news time and relates to WSJ. I've been seeing some year 2017 average TOC placement for all of the series that have been serialized in WSJ (including the cancelled/irregular ones), and noticed that some have some minor discrepancies. Does anyone know if these averages include weeks where a series gets a color page, or whether new series that start during the year begin being ranked (in these averages) starting at their first or eighth chapter? I was thinking about running a computation of my own, but I didn't want to churn out numbers that were incorrectly computed.
They shouldn't, though most seem to rank them as long as they're in the magazine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top